Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2016) Games beaten: 254/303 - Last finished game: Mission: Impossible

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:40:51 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: link463

I wonder if I could beat both Zeldas in a day? I'd have to wait until Saturday to find out, and I bet someone does them before then.
Well I can speak for myself when I say I do "not" plan on playing either of them....just played the 3DS remakes in the last year so thats that.

-------------------------
Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:49:42 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Extreme-G is done. This game that I discovered last year is still surprising me. I like it a lot: it is fast, the graphics are great and it is very challenging. Acclaim did an awesome job on this title IMO. There is one race I spent a lot of time on, since you can fall from the track, and I'm pretty happy it is done now. In fact, I spent the whole evening trying to finish first in this race. You need to finish first in every race on the Extreme difficulty to unlock the secret track (second picture). It was really hard with my controller's broken joystick. I recommend Extreme-G.

Very good game.

Roach = Finish the "Meltdown" set of races on Intermediate difficulty.
Neon = Finish the "Meltdown" set of races on Extreme difficulty.

No picture of the credits, since these are accessible from the main menu.

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:44:01 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

Heh, laddersandcakes, you just picked off the next two N64 games I planned to do. No worries, though -- congrats on the victories!

Oh no! Ha, sorry, bronze. I should've realized you were on a tennis streak.

Hope I didn't snipe another one!

So, guys, Yoshi's Story is done. Now, this is a game I have played many times. It used to be one of my favorites as a kid. Quick and dirty playthrough this time. Nothing special. Always a fun time. I love the music in this one, especially hearing the different riffs on the main song in different levels; I like the stripped down music in the first water level, especially. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:35:47 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
NHL 99 is done. It's a pretty fun hockey game, maybe the best on the console. I did the Playoffs as the Montreal Canadiens and I beat these four teams:

1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. New Jersey Devils
3. Buffalo Sabres
4. Colorado Avalanche

So yeah, I got the Stanley Cup !

Good game.

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:42:56 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Nice goin Michel, I am hoping to get a few knocked off right here shortly.

Making some progress on Banjo-Kazooie and started playing Shadows of the Empire to on top of the other ones.

I swear these games get longer every time I play them.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:42:56 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Making some progress on Banjo-Kazooie and started playing Shadows of the Empire to on top of the other ones.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 4, 2016 at 8:56:34 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

How far are you in Banjo-Kazooie ? Which level ?

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:28:27 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

The sand world, can't remember what it is called.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:36:01 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

Gobi's Valley.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:42:14 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Gobi's Valley.

That is the one! Will probably finish it tonight...just got done my afterwork excerise (and had to watch hockey of course).

About to go play now.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:33:43 AM
bag (8)
(Bruce ) < Crack Trooper >
California
Did NHL Breakaway 98.  Played as the Sharks. Blackhawks were tough for me.  At least in this game the Sharks have a few decent players. Compared to a lot of the older NHL games.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:06:23 AM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
It only took me a million years tonight, but I finished Rampage: World Tour. I'd only ever played a few minutes of the arcade game before tackling this one. It's super repetitive and not fun after playing for eons, but I did it. Whew. I didn't understand at first that the dots on the map marked the locations of the evil laboratories that you're supposed to destroy (didn't know I had that objective) because I was being slow (and a bit tipsy, shh). Plus, I guess the city cycling is random? So the game dragged on and on, till I'm pretty sure I played every city available, including some random places. I mean, seriously. How are there 3 locations in Alaska in a video game? Ha. Anyway, the game is thankfully pretty forgiving with unlimited lives (or, I reckon, "continues"). I can't see playing this one again for a while, but I do want to check out the other one available on the 64; I don't currently have it, though. Time to hunt down a copy.

It's actually time for sleep!

Edit: Am I right that this game has never been completed for these yearly threads? I just looked through the past ones for kicks. It'll be my sad claim to fame henceforth. 

Edited: 01/05/2016 at 04:14 AM by laddersandcakes

Jan 5, 2016 at 11:19:17 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: laddersandcakes

Edit: Am I right that this game has never been completed for these yearly threads? I just looked through the past ones for kicks. It'll be my sad claim to fame henceforth.
Indeed, it was never done before. That's a total of 5 points for this game alone. Congrats !

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:14:32 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia

Originally posted by: laddersandcakes

Indeed, it was never done before. That's a total of 5 points for this game alone. Congrats !

Rad. Congrats to you and bag on those hockey completions! Good stuff. I've never played any of the hockey games. Maybe I'll tackle one of the others if someone doesn't beat me to it; I think I have Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98. 

I had to resort to Rampage last night after a few hours of frustrated attempts at completing Bust-a-Move 2: Arcade Edition. Ugh. 

Edited: 01/05/2016 at 01:14 PM by laddersandcakes

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:20:08 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
All this N64 talk makes me want to play Snowboard Kids......

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:47:26 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

I love the Snowboard Kids games so much !

Jan 5, 2016 at 2:49:59 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

I love the Snowboard Kids games so much !
They were a very common rental in my household amongst my friends as well.

I will be picking them up as soon as I run into them.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:07:11 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Since you guys are the hardcore 64 players around here, I just have to ask; what sticks are you using? Gamecube-style? Horia controllers? Great-condition orginals?

A major obstacle for me contributing to this thread is my controllers all drive me insane inside 10 minutes

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:14:56 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Since you guys are the hardcore 64 players around here, I just have to ask; what sticks are you using? Gamecube-style? Horia controllers? Great-condition orginals?

A major obstacle for me contributing to this thread is my controllers all drive me insane inside 10 minutes

I use pretty solid originals. I've kind of got a stable of controllers than range from complete garbage sticks to like-new. I'm not really a fan of the Gamecube stick replacements, even though some people swear by them. I've had some positive experiences with certain replacements that are like the original, but I've never done them myself. 

I want to try out a Hori pad so badly! But I don't want to plunk down like $70 for one when I don't mind the regular controller and have several of them. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:30:51 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

Not gonna lie dude, I have never had an N64 stick screw up on me and I still have my original.

No clue what people are doing to those poor things.

I understand your dislike towards them though they are pretty funky. They can come in use though for games that require lots of running around since you can hold it in one hand and use the control stick with your thumb.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:40:20 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

I use an original controller. The joystick is annoying me right now and I need to buy a new one. My thumb suffers a lot.

Also, for your information, I didn't do any game today and won't either tomorrow. I passed the entire day at the hospital for my ear infection and I will see my friend tomorrow. Next game will probably be Paperboy for me. I'm going to miss playing ! I'm counting on you guys.

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:13:42 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia

I use an original controller. The joystick is annoying me right now and I need to buy a new one. My thumb suffers a lot.

Also, for your information, I didn't do any game today and won't either tomorrow. I passed the entire day at the hospital for my ear infection and I will see my friend tomorrow. Next game will probably be Paperboy for me. I'm going to miss playing ! I'm counting on you guys.

Sorry to hear that, Michel! Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure that's unpleasant, to say the least. 

In other news, Cruis'n USA is finished! I cranked it up while taking a break from Goldeneye (which is almost done, too). I really disliked Cruis'n when I first got it: simplistic, annoying traffic, etc., but I have to admit I had fun completing it. Pushes back just enough to have a pretty satisfying gaming session, even though it's an easy game, overall. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:28:28 PM
bag (8)
(Bruce ) < Crack Trooper >
California

I have a ton of the originals.  Most of the sticks are really good.  Only ones that really got screwed up were the ones we used for Mario Party...  Screwed up the center of your palm as well haha.

Jan 6, 2016 at 12:45:35 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire is done and will post pics once I get on PC.

Banjo I am Click Clock Wood.....I don't know what it is with that game but once I go to a world, collect a bunch of notes then die I have to put it down and just try it the next day.

It is taking way longer than I expected though..then again I haven't attempted to beat it in probably 10 years.....

Quest 64 is coming along to in the search for the last orb or whatever the hell they are so hopefully should have that one done by the end of the week as well.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 01/06/2016 at 10:00 AM by Uncle Meat

Jan 6, 2016 at 9:59:34 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Pic added, I have no idea what happened but I went to go finish Banjo-Kazooie this morning and I pressed B on my file and it deleted it for some reason!??!?

I am not to happy about it but there is no way I am going back and doing it allover again as I just had to go beat Gruntilda

Ugh

Ayy yoo pizza bie!