Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Parpunk sent me...

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:27:46 AM
OCDsteeldor (36)
(D S) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Hello to all. I am Dan. I was kindly referred to this site by Parpunk and have been checking it out the last couple of days. I have really been impressed at the knowledgeable, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I have visited, but not participated in other sites over the years, and this site has inspired me to actually "put my name out there". This is really a great site! I have been collecting Nintendo seriously for about four years now. I attained my original goal last year and completed a licensed NES cart only set (NTSC SE). I am now working towards a complete cart only SNES set. I have all the R6 and above titles and am now slowly watching for good deals on the rest (I just broke 400 carts the other day). I have some photos of my collection that I took about a year ago @ videogamecollectors.com I will post some newer photos once I take them.

I am on ebay as mainly a buyer and sometimes a seller. Ebay name: dsteeldor

I am also on myspace

Glad to be here, -Dan

-------------------------
/ dear sir, dear lady, this carnival is dead and gone //

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:29:34 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
WELCOME!! Enjoy the site, glad your here.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 24, 2007 at 12:49:46 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Congrats on 400! Milestones kick ass in this hobby, there's so many of them and when you reach the higher ones they're all the more rewarding. So you mentioned you have all R6+ out of the way, does that mean Stadium Events and Myriad too, or were you passing on them as label variants?

Mark's a great guy I'm sure you'll enjoy this place as much as he and the rest of us do. -Dan

PS - Sheit, another Dan.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:13:35 AM
OCDsteeldor (36)
(D S) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Thanks man! My 400 cart milestone is for the SNES R6 and above (both competition carts, mbr/sr, super copa, iss and iss deluxe). My NES milestone is a complete licensed cart only set (Stadium Events NTSC included). I am still semi working on 30 or so unlicensed games but am not aiming to complete it as I still need the biggies like Myriad, CM, and the three Panesians. I am putting my money and time towards the SNES at the moment! Yeah, Mark is a great guy, we brokered a deal on a unique Contra poster awhile back. Contra is by far my favorite game of all time! -Dan

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:23:37 AM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Awesome collection OCD, very impressed, I like your TV as well!

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:28:19 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I like the way the powerpad is on the wall, never thought of that before. What a smart way to store it.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:28:46 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Ah yes, was reading too fast SNES is a rewarding set to have too. It's just as large and impressive as NES, and has some great fun outliers to gun for. Expensive though pound-for-pound (cart for cart!), it's replete with costly RPG's and popular licensed character games...even random loose common/uncommon carts seem to cost more just because they're the SNES; more modern, more 'playable' by modern gamer standards (ps3/360-raised gamers).

off-topic, I can't tell you how many people hate on how rhemedial the NES is just on the virtue of 8 bits. You want Halo, pick up a paintball gun and find some woods. I guess it's the day I was raised in, but the more realistic these games get, the less I feel inclined to play them. I play video games to infuse my day with something completely different than reality!

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:46:00 AM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
The Pee Wee Herman doll is awesome sitting in the middle.

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:50:01 AM
OCDsteeldor (36)
(D S) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: dangevin off-topic, I can't tell you how many people hate on how rhemedial the NES is just on the virtue of 8 bits. You want Halo, pick up a paintball gun and find some woods. I guess it's the day I was raised in, but the more realistic these games get, the less I feel inclined to play them. I play video games to infuse my day with something completely different than reality!
I completely agree dangevin! I love technology as much as the next person, but technology vs. quality is not always the same! Game play is always before game graphics (why I love the NES/SNES)! I love having HDTV and surround sound to watch a great movie, but at the same time I have never owned a cellphone! Technology is only relative to its time, it does not mean its perfect for its time!

NGD- yeah, I always liked the look of the power pad more than its function (IE: The Power Glove)

Aug 24, 2007 at 6:46:20 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Welcome! Now you just need some boxes and manuals to go along with your very impressive collection

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:43:49 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Welcome to the forums OCD, and might I add, very impressive collection. I agree with Dain though. You're going to have to add quite a few more boxes!

Love the way ROB is guarding your prized cart

Aug 24, 2007 at 11:00:24 PM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
about time you joined Dan!! anyone ever notice we have a lot of dans here lol, bronty dangevin, nesboy, hehe lol.

anyways glad to see ya make it here man! you will love this place for sure bro! BTW man fill everyone else in on this NWC gold repro u made. i gurantee you it will blow these guys away!!!

also another huge conrgrats on the collection, man ive been dieing for you to trade me that color a dino and pro sport hockey boxes for months now lol. :-(

oh and hey nick and wrldsrman heres another guy to add to the SE list. i was gonna let ya guys know sooner but wanted to wait for em to join the site.

Welcome again man!
-mark

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Aug 25, 2007 at 1:58:00 AM
OCDsteeldor (36)
(D S) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments! Dain, I love rare boxes and manuals, but I will probably stop at that. I don't think I will ever go for a complete CIB for any system. I actually prefer the look of a cart only collection without the unlicensed game mixed in. But don't get me wrong, I will always pay extra/ wait a little longer for a CIB game if it's a good deal (not to mention they are hard as hell to find in the wild, where i do the majority of my R5 and below hunting)! Mark, I am really glad you pointed me in the direction of this site! I am going to get those NWC gold repo photos together right now! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! -Dan