Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Arcade1Up bringing a line of classic arcade cabinets for sale this fall

Jun 12 at 4:08:48 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
OK... they were right, that is cooler than TMNT.

-------------------------

Jun 12 at 4:09:35 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
If only it was Star Wars Trilogy the Arcade. Still love that one.

Jun 12 at 4:22:57 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Trj22487

These seemed to get buried under the Marvel & TMNT annoucement, but these cocktail cabinets were also shown
The Namco has 8 games and the Capcom 12. The Capcom one boasts the first time Street Fighter has ever been split screen. These will have Stereo sound.
Twitter also claims November for the Marvel/TMNT release.

Did they post full game lists for the Capcom/Namco cocktail cabs yet? 

Jun 12 at 4:50:28 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
^^^ Yeah, those cocktail cabinets are interesting as well, since they look like full-sized machines for the form-factor.

Jun 12 at 5:08:29 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Is there a preorder date for the TMNT? Sorry if someone already posted it!

Jun 12 at 5:44:36 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
They don't do preorders anymore. Start looking in stores November.

Jun 12 at 8:39:32 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Br81zad

Did they post full game lists for the Capcom/Namco cocktail cabs yet? 

This is all I've seen, though in that Namco photo I posted above you can see 6 of the titles listed on the side including the obscure 'Pac & Pal'

Along with the new upright cabinets, Arcade1Up also had on show its new Head-to-Head Cocktail Table that will feature 12 titles including, Street Fighter II, Final Fight, DarkStalkers and a Namco Head-to-Head Cocktail Table that will feature 8 titles including Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig Dug. Each table will retail at $499 and will be available later this year.

Edited: 06/12/2019 at 08:42 PM by Trj22487

Jun 13 at 2:19:19 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
This is a thing of beauty.

Next A1up can start making Sit down cabs

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Jun 13 at 2:31:18 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

^^^ Yeah, those cocktail cabinets are interesting as well, since they look like full-sized machines for the form-factor.

I'm thinking of putting 2 of them side by side and -boom- there's my new game room coffee table. lol

(might need to get a little creative getting power to them, though)

Jun 13 at 4:53:36 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

These seemed to get buried under the Marvel & TMNT annoucement, but these cocktail cabinets were also shown
The Namco has 8 games and the Capcom 12. The Capcom one boasts the first time Street Fighter has ever been split screen. These will have Stereo sound.
Twitter also claims November for the Marvel/TMNT release.

Here is a 5 second video of TMNT in action, you get a good look at the size of the control panel
https://twitter.com/i/status/1138563826108968960

Arcade1Up released the full list of games on the Capcom cocktail cabinet:

Street Fighter
Street Fighter II: World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Championship Edition
Street Fighter II: Turbo Edition
Super Street Fighter II: New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Darkstalkers
Final Fight
1944: The Loop Master
Ghosts’N Goblins
Strider
Commando

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jun 14 at 4:53:33 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: teh lurv

It has now been eight days since I put my ticket in and Arcade 1Up hasn't even responded.
So far every time I've called the phone line, nobody ever picks up

I eventually got through to their customer support line and had a ticket made up to request a deck protector (apparently the free protector offer is still good for the Gen1 cabinets, though the company no longer advertises it) and a replacement bezel. I was given ticket #48,000 something. We're probably in a BeetleJuice scenario where the ticket counter is at #8!
I put in my ticket for Mortal Kombat II replacement on May 30th and finally got my initial response from customer service this afternoon on June 14th! It wouldn't shock me if e3 has them slower than normal. It's funny that they finally got back today, I was just about to break down and call them up while I was working

Jun 14 at 5:30:16 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
https://twitter.com/i/status/1139...

LMAO Todd Bridges got to try out the 16-foot Marvel cabinet they have at e3.....legendary

Jun 14 at 5:41:27 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
The namco cocktail is the first arcade from them I'd ever consider buying. Actually looks pretty sweet! Is it the same size as a standard cocktail?

Jun 14 at 11:19:26 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I wonder if this is ever going to come out? It seems like they've gone silent on it,
already annoucing Wave 3 when this was supposed to be the 5th Wave 2 machine

Jun 21 at 10:23:15 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I'm now 0-2 in these units working after a week or two, my second unit does not power up at all now, no life in the screen, just makes a loud popping sound after 20 seconds. In the month since I first contacted the company, they've only sent me one email 7 days ago asking a bunch of questions I had already answered and that is it. They still haven't said they would send me anything or not. The times I've tried to call the phone line it has never been picked up even after 20 minutes :/

Jun 22 at 4:46:29 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Yeah I think I'm totally done with this company. There's gonna be a class action lawsuit or something someday

Jun 22 at 4:51:15 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Build yourself a mame cabinet. These things are just too small and expensive even at the clearance price point. Hell, a self built jamma cabinet will make it easier without relying on a pi or pc.

Jun 22 at 5:18:51 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I'm gonna see if I get better customer service through their facebook page, it claims to respond on Saturdays and Sundays. It's pretty silly how all of my Game Boys works perfectly 25 years later using the same screen & ribbon setup, but these things sit totally still and don't work after a week or two ...I mean these things are incredibly simple inside, you'd think nothing could even go wrong

Jun 26 at 5:28:40 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I still haven't gotten any type of response back from Arcade1Up through any form, but I did manage to Clark Griswold my Final Fight cabinet, after turning it on and off, unplugging and plugging everything about 200 different times over the course of a week, holding different buttons while turning it on, suddenly, pop, the Arcade1Up screen boots and everything is totally fine, it plays like nothing is wrong. I'm too scared to even shut it off again, I just turned the volume off and decided to just leave it running. 

Jun 29 at 9:34:32 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts

I still haven't gotten any type of response back from Arcade1Up through any form, but I did manage to Clark Griswold my Final Fight cabinet, after turning it on and off, unplugging and plugging everything about 200 different times over the course of a week, holding different buttons while turning it on, suddenly, pop, the Arcade1Up screen boots and everything is totally fine, it plays like nothing is wrong. I'm too scared to even shut it off again, I just turned the volume off and decided to just leave it running. 

Holding down some combination of buttons (advice I heard is just hold all the buttons) with the volume set to the middle will force the cabinet to boot into a diagnostic mode. You might've triggered that mode and fixed the issue.

I must've gotten lucky, I was able to reach a rep and put a claim in for a deck protector and new screen bezel. Last email I received from Arcade1Up was a month ago saying it'll be about two months before I get my parts, so we'll see.

In the meantime, I've been putting some time into playing Major Havoc and Tempest on my cabinet. I already replaced the crappy stock spinner with a GRS spinner, so I decided to get even more crazy and swap out the crappy buttons with legit arcade buttons. I picked up five Suzo-Happ buttons and Cherry micro-switches to get as close as a late-Seventies arcade machine feel as possible. Swapping out the buttons wasn't too bad; I was able to desolder the wiring from the old buttons and solder them onto the Cherries fairly quickly. I don't know if the buttons will improve my gameplay, but they definitely feel better to press than the generic parts Arcade1Up uses.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jul 02 at 6:39:47 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Looks nice!

I sent 1up a facebook message over a week ago and finally got a response last night around 8pm saying that they have a new customer service system with a link to that, and that the phone number and email services no longer work. I thought that was really strange. So I started to fill the new form, and then looked through my old emails to find my ticket number and they had sent me a new email last night saying that my request was complete and I will be receiving a tracking number soon. So again, I'm not sure what to think haha. I'm a little worried if anything they are just sending me a new PCB and not the new screen like I also need. But maybe once the cabinet works again it will allow me to take a better video of the dead pixels to send ot them

Jul 02 at 11:07:41 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Holy sweet LAWD!

So..... the TMNT cab...

I was first super stoked but like "of course I would never buy it".... BUT then... I looked closer at the front of the cabinet and noticed that it's not ONLY TMNT Arcade, but it's Turtles in Time as well.

SWEET BABY JESUS THAT'S RADICAL.....

I mean... I don't think I'd drop 4 hundy on it... but if after a while they go on sale I could see this being a sweet little unit to have.

Looks cools as hell anyways.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jul 12 at 5:54:16 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
After 43 days I finally received a new PCB for the Mortal Kombat
The clear difference on the board was a sticker on the top reading 'Mortal Kombat II v1.04'
Only took about 10 minutes to put in, and finally the painful wait is over!
Of course the problem now is I've forgotten all the moves again in the past 40 days!
The first thing I checked was MK1 character descriptions to see if Kano actually has a description now, and sure
enough, his backstory is now there, the text block is no longer blank

Now that it actually works, I was able to actually capture what the dead pixels look like,
they weren't satisfied with my previous evidence that I needed a new screen so hopefully my new pics and videos will suffice.
They do in fact have a new online ticket system that is way better than their old format, it actually has separate
dropdown menus for all of their different cabinets and you can pick from the laundry list of known issues or put in a new one
As soon as you create the ticket, it puts it in your "pending issues" section where you can clearly see all of the updates.
Way better than what they had for an online system before. I was able to submit all of my pictures and videos properly,
where their old system of writing an email was just kind of a crap shoot IMO

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 06:21 PM by Trj22487

Jul 14 at 3:53:28 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Been trying to master Mortal Kombat 1, at this point I have all of the moves down to memory
Finally reached Goro for the first time in my life and eventually beat him too, just couldn't get it done with Shang Tsung
I'm glad to have this thing back. I've already gotten a heap of enjoyment out of this

Jul 14 at 7:22:59 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Nice update! This restored my confidence a bit, I'm super conflicted because I want one of their CABs to modify, but am encouraging myself to wait for either the TMNT cab or the Pacman cocktail. Then I go to Walmart all the time and see the current $199 machines and am tempted.

Nice mushroom sticker placement!

Edited: 07/14/2019 at 07:24 PM by Boosted52405