Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Discuss Evan's Dragon quest here!

Mar 12, 2010 at 11:33:39 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
I'll have to look up getting a repro of this (or a ROM for the SNES PowerPak).
I've grown to absolutely hate level grinding, but I still enjoy the nostalgia associated with the graphic style and general gameplay of these kinds of games.

-------------------------

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:10:27 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Thanks again Evan, I'm always pleased when he brings another great article to the table....great images and good analysis.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:20:09 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Dan, is that like a rewrite of the 12 days of Christmas in your sig?

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Mar 13, 2010 at 1:56:43 AM
snescentral (0)
(Evan Gowan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Japan
Just note, like I said in the article there is a huge bug in the fan translation that can screw up your game. That is a major problem is you make a reproduction, and as such I completely recommend something that can dump your SRAM (like the Mash Mods writer) in case you trigger it so you can bypass the bug.

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:14:46 AM
Pendragon (104)
(Chris Early) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Or you can simply not go into that town and bypass the glitch altogether! XD

Btw,Gamereproductions has the rom in a repro in case people are looking for it! Also, I do not know if anyone on here knowbs about it or not, but a really good translation patch was made finally for DQ3. I have it and I had to patch the IPS file onto the jpn rom using lunarips. All was succcessful and it plays great! You can find the team that worked on the patch, the patch itself, and more info at this site: www.dqtranslations.com....

Hope this was news news! XD

I like RPGs and Shmups. Also a huge Kings Field fan. Nothing like the classics!