Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Bits of Yesterday is now available on Amazon Prime!

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:16:26 PM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
For nearly 2 and a half years I have been working tirelessly on this film and it is finally done and ready for mass consumption!
The Bits of Yesterday was released on physical disc (DVD & Blu-ray) on April 20th. You can purchase a copy over at http://thebitsofyesterday.com and is also available (I am very proud to say) on Amazon Prime as of NOW! Check it out! You may see some familiar faces!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLG6K7L/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-vi...

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:34:00 AM
RetroRewired (41)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Watching it now, thank you!

-------------------------

I'm always on the hunt for broken disc-based consoles, PM me.
My eBay store: http://ebay.com/usr/nullmods

Jun 9, 2018 at 8:59:50 AM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Awesome dude. Thanks!

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:37:06 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Man, oh, man. Prime. That's frontpage worthy.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:07:57 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Awesome! Finally able to check it out now.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jun 9, 2018 at 12:48:47 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Congrats buddy!

May the force be with you.

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:38:48 PM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Foochie776

Congrats buddy!
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the support!

Jun 13, 2018 at 12:17:43 PM
Gandlin (17)
< El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
I watched this last night. Very well done! I enjoyed it. I think you covered a lot of ground and got a lot of different perspectives that really made it well rounded. I would've liked to see more 16 bit into 3D era covered as most of it seemed to be about Atari and NES but still a great documentary!

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:09:38 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Congrats on the release!

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:44:23 AM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
THANKS! Yea, you'd think 2hrs (or so) is a long time to fill. Nope. Not the case...maybe in another relase we'll discuss more 

Jun 14, 2018 at 12:52:15 PM
Silverspoon (33)
(Justin Steimer) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
Patiently waiting the arrival of my blu-ray copy!

Jun 14, 2018 at 8:32:56 PM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Kinda ramble-y, wanted more of a thread/story/something to tie the segments together a bit more than random vfx transitions but generally good production(seemed mostly at home with other prime stuff). More watchable than that race for the full set one that came out a while back, and some pretty great interviews, nice work!

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:51:22 PM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Kinda ramble-y, wanted more of a thread/story/something to tie the segments together a bit more than random vfx transitions but generally good production(seemed mostly at home with other prime stuff). More watchable than that race for the full set one that came out a while back, and some pretty great interviews, nice work!

Yeah, Im a bit ramble-y I guess. Thanks a ton. Yes, a lot of the work and filming was done at home and a friends studio.Very low-budget for me...It wasn't easy trying to encapsulate an intangible like nostalgia. Honestly, I could've made a film just about Joe. Thanks for the support. Its my first feature.

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:35:24 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I watched it while I was in a hotel room on a business trip this past week and I really enjoyed it. I'm a little curious if any of the collectors interviewed were members here that I talk to on a regular basis. Obviously I recognized Dain and all of the YouTube personalities, but for some of the other collectors, I don't know many people's personal names, so I wasn't sure.

Great work.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jun 19, 2018 at 9:15:55 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Just watched this and really enjoyed it! Great job and congrats!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:22:38 PM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Glad everyone is enjoying it!  

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Jun 22, 2018 at 12:39:51 PM
Meteor_of_War (21)
< El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Just watched it last night, enjoyed it.

Jun 23, 2018 at 1:18:17 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Is there any way for us in Canada to watch this? I have Prime but apparently it's simply not available to me at all.

Jun 23, 2018 at 9:21:53 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
In the middle of it right now. No shit, the best documentary I've seen so far about the hobby.

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:36:35 AM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Gloves

Is there any way for us in Canada to watch this? I have Prime but apparently it's simply not available to me at all.

Hmmm. Thats weird. Im unsure about this but I have heard the other users and viewers from Canada have the same issue. Let me get back to you on this!

Jun 30, 2018 at 10:37:51 AM
Captain Maroney (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

In the middle of it right now. No shit, the best documentary I've seen so far about the hobby.

Thanks! Be sure to give it a quick review and/ or star rating! It would be greatly appreciated!

Jul 16, 2018 at 9:59:38 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Captain Maroney

Originally posted by: Gloves

Hmmm. Thats weird. Im unsure about this but I have heard the other users and viewers from Canada have the same issue. Let me get back to you on this!

Seems to have regional restrictions. Can't watch The New 8 Bit Hero's here either.

Playas Guide Logo

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:30:44 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: TDIRunner
I'm a little curious if any of the collectors interviewed were members here that I talk to on a regular basis. Obviously I recognized Dain and all of the YouTube personalities, but for some of the other collectors, I don't know many people's personal names, so I wasn't sure.

I was wearing my NA hat.    

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:09:29 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I'm a little curious if any of the collectors interviewed were members here that I talk to on a regular basis. Obviously I recognized Dain and all of the YouTube personalities, but for some of the other collectors, I don't know many people's personal names, so I wasn't sure.

I was wearing my NA hat.    

Of course now it's not fresh enough in my head to remember who that was.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jul 17, 2018 at 3:10:54 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I was wearing my NA hat.    

Of course now it's not fresh enough in my head to remember who that was.  

I bitch about Stadium Events, if that helps.