Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Small Scores Thread / Mail Day Arrivals - part 2

Nov 26, 2016 at 3:28:09 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
Originally posted by: empire

Originally posted by: Vectrex280996

Game Boy luck struck again... Hopefully Spud is next!!!

No Bulbasaur in the picture, I call bullshit.

-------------------------
"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 11/26/2016 at 03:29 PM by Vectrex28

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:19:10 PM
sailorneorune (9)
< Crack Trooper >
Kentucky
Oh gosh so many Bulbasaur plushies! :3

Back on topic, I got a nice-looking Mendel Palace cart for $10 today while out still trying to piece together my Secret Santa gift.

HAL Laboratory fangirl * Feed my HAL habit by trading me games!
Please take a look at my trade thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:20:04 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Alright well....I have been put in my place.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:15:39 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Almost didn't bother thrifting after work because of Black Friday, but I'm glad I did. I arrived at my local Savers to be the first to grab the games below off the shelves. I haven't had a real NES/SNES thrift store score in a long while, so it felt great to beat the competition this time. I paid about $80 for the lot, not too shabby IMO.

After finding this score on Friday, I decided to hit that Savers again while doing errands on Saturday. I didn't really think I'd find much, but lo-and-behold behind the jewelery counter:

All four games are CIB. The final retail price wasn't so hot ($34.99 each after discount), but I haven't found CIB NES games in a long while so I scooped them up.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:14:12 PM
Retro808 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Hawaii
^^^ Awesome scores!!! I got very lucky at my local flea market yesterday. Paid $5 for Little Samson!!! She had a box of NES system and games. The rest were just commons I left for someone else to buy with the NES. I'm sure she will enjoy the NES system & games with her family!!!

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:55:13 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I was stoked to finally knock another black color dreams variant off of my list. Now I'm down to only 3 missing for my set! Picked this one up on eBay from a Canadian seller.
screen capture windows 7

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Dec 13, 2016 at 2:01:51 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Had this fun little bundle waiting for me when i got back from my trip!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:09:34 PM
nintendo9649 (11)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
nice display piece. yes, he has the gyros and other pieces in storage. 

Edited: 12/16/2016 at 05:13 PM by nintendo9649

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:33:32 PM
Kickmeister (7)
(Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo Jr.) < Meka Chicken >
Massachusetts
Apologies for the blurry picture. I bought a couple of things off of Ebay after Christmas, including a beat up boxed copy of Battle Blaze and an also boxed, also beat-up copy of Arcana. The former came from a seller in Illinois, the latter from one in North Carolina.

Both were originally from the same video store. *boggle* :-O

That's the same store name in the same handwriting, and they have the same phone number written on them (Arcana's on the back).

Dec 30, 2016 at 8:55:56 PM
Applehead (9)
(Carey Frazier) < Crack Trooper >
South Carolina
Today I made my weekly stop at goodwill and got these for a total of $3.98.

Edited: 12/30/2016 at 08:57 PM by Applehead

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:32:01 AM
GreenKoopa (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Victoria
Straight from Japan

Dec 31, 2016 at 3:14:46 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
getting deals before the new year:

Traded some loose snes + cash for these (about market value)

This ps1/ps2 lot also included 3 wireless guitars and 4 controllers total $50

FINALLY got an ardy lightfoot cib:

Boxing Day @ Nexwave, BOGO 50% off:

And more, I think I went crazy?

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:42:39 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland

Got this locally for 125 bucks from another collector who had this as a dupe. Not too terrible of a deal for this game I'd say

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:41:54 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
got these at a thrift store for 1.91 each which isn't too bad. Not great games but a good GameCube pickup nonetheless. The Wii lens cleaning kit is sealed which is kinda cool.

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:44:24 PM
kamakaze_ekun (5)
< El Ripper >
Michigan

Just found this at our local salvation army.

WHAT AM I SEEKING NOW???
PC Engine with video cable, power supply and controller. Looking to spend $100 to have this console in my collection.

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:50:59 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: kamakaze_ekun

Just found this at our local salvation army.

Niiiice!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:05:38 PM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Picked up a few snes games today to fill empty snes boxes plus added 1 new box to the pile.
Test drive II cart
Lethal weapon cart
American gladiators cart
Super Alfred chicken cart
Simpson's Bart's nightmare cart and box.
Brings me up to 65% total completion for fullset snes, and just under 75% of the boxes.
Hope to hit 500cart this year.

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:24:49 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Got small score at a game store today, got a top loader,a dogbone controller, infiltrator, gyruss, black bass, super spike v ball, and rescue: the embassy mission for $132. I've been waiting a long time for a top loader.

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:40:59 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I just won a Cib copy of pipe dream for $3.50 + shipping on eBay.

Edited: 01/15/2017 at 06:41 PM by NESking80

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:00:58 PM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
I couldn't help but share this one! Still excited!

Late last year (12/27), I used up some Amazon credit that I had and plunked it down on an Atarimax ColecoVision/ADAM 128-in-1 USB flash cart for $99.95. I ordered right between Christmas and New Year's, so I wasn't surprised when it took a few days to get marked as shipped, showing as having gone out as of 1/2. Amazon estimated the delivery as being between 1/4 and 1/20 with no tracking provided--kind of a long window, but plenty of stuff I'd ordered online showed up with that kind of estimate and then showed up in a normal (3-5 business day) turnaround time. Well, as of last Wednesday afternoon (1/11), having not received my cart nor any tracking, I reached out to the seller to see if they could provide any tracking or just advise how they'd shipped the cart so I'd have some idea of when it might arrive (outside of "by 1/20").

Friday afternoon came and went without a response. I figured I'd wait until Monday afternoon, as I had waited until fairly late in the afternoon on Wednesday before first reaching out, and then either reach out to the seller again or directly to Amazon to see if I could get any sort of update. The weekend came and went without contact. Then Monday. I got out of work at 7:00 PM, so I only had a short window to call Amazon to see if I can get them to reach out to the seller and get them to provide any sort of response or update. Cell coverage on the routes between work and home are pretty good but will guaranteed drop when going from tower to tower, so I held off on making the call until I got home. The moment I was through the door, however, my son, excited to see me, had other plans for the rest of our evening.

Skip to this afternoon. I'd mostly lost hope of the cart showing up, given the extensive ETA given, lack of tracking and lack of response when reaching out for an update, figuring that I'd just have to reach out to Amazon on 1/21 to start the process of getting a refund since no product had arrived. I was heading out to lunch and going past my mailbox anyway, so I stopped by for a minute to see if anything had arrived. Surprise! The box was in the mailbox! The initial rush of happiness was somewhat quelled by the details on the outside of the package. It had been shipped via Priority Mail 3-Day shipping and, per the label, sent out on 1/11 (the day I reached out to ask where the package was) and had shipped within the US, from OH to VA, leaving no real reason why delivery should have taken so long (especially after having been reported as shipped on 1/2, 15 days prior). I put the box in the seat next to me, picked up lunch and headed back to work. Deciding to check everything out before sitting down to eat, I went ahead and popped the box open. I blurrily saw the label of the cart through the ESD bag it was packed in and began to scratch my head as to where the software CD was, as the 128-in-1 cart requires Windows software to load up the cartridge. As I turned the ESD bag over to see if the CD had been packed in a paper envelope versus a hard case (as pictured on Amazon and the Atarimax site), I noticed something odd--there was an SD card packed in behind the cart. It took me a few moments to realize what I was looking at. I tore the bag open and...YES! The seller had sent me the Ultimate SD cart instead of the 128-in-1 cart I'd ordered! I'm not sure if I ended up with the better, more expensive cart as an unstated apology for the much delayed handling of my order, but I was (and am) suddenly out of complaints for the wait! Can't wait to get home and pop it in!

Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!

Edited: 01/17/2017 at 06:01 PM by darkchylde28

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:56:09 PM
marvel8797 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
found a loose cart of Donkey Kong Country for SNES for $5 at a pawn shop. been a while since I bought a SNES game, been a long time since I bought a game at a pawn shop, and I've never found a SNES game in pawn shop for cheap.

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:59:36 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
First game hunting finds for 2017:

I came across several Colecovision add-ons mixed in with toys at a local thrift store. This is the first time I've ever come across anything Colecovision in the wild. I scoured the store for the console itself and/or games with no luck. I can only assume someone else got to them first.

Tonight after work, I picked up an N64 console w/2 controllers, expansion pak, and an "unknown" game from the same thrift store for $30. I felt better about paying the $30 once I got a good look at the scrap of label left on the cart.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:08:20 AM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Got this beauty in the mail today.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:26:29 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: DQ187

Big shout out to Quazonk! Definately going to be a centerpiece in my collection! Man, im so pumped!!

Hahahahaha best game ever!

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Jan 28, 2017 at 1:57:06 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Quazonk

Originally posted by: DQ187

Big shout out to Quazonk! Definately going to be a centerpiece in my collection! Man, im so pumped!!

Hahahahaha best game ever!

+1  

Want thread:
Sale thread: