Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda's Adventure CDI NFR's Bunch of these are showing up FAKES!!!

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:01:05 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Can you put up a scan or pic so I can verify against yours? Maybe I'm being too optimistic here, but maybe there's an original among all the fakes and one of us will get lucky.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:21:33 PM
Blue Ember (59)
(Jesse Thorn) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Sure man, my camera is not too great though, but trust me when I say these are all fakes, you can even still smell the inkjet ink smell on the disc (smells kinda like maple syrup) when you open the case like these were just recently done. I already sent the guy a message asking for a refund. Give me a couple minutes and I'll post pics. And somebody add this dude to the hall of shame ebay ID shelbynshera

-------------------------

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:48:19 PM
Blue Ember (59)
Washington
Here are the pictures, I have taken close up pics to show the color bleeding spots which are very typical of inkjet printers especially when printing small letters. Also all pictures were taken with the flash to emphasize the fact that the disc has a non shiny surface and instead an inkjet printable surface. So Here are the pics.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:31:31 PM
Muthafodder (4)
(Mojo Man) < Meka Chicken >
United States
It took me two seconds to see that this was a fake when I opened mine.

All I can say is Kharma...bitch.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:35:47 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California
I still haven't received mind, but I'm sure mine will be no different. Anybody talk to the seller yet or put in a claim?

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:40:44 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
I emailed and stated I expect a return of my funds in 24 hours and a reply by days' end...failure to do either will result in a claim filed.

Mar 17, 2012 at 6:58:15 PM
icarwngs55 (67)
(Michael D) < El Ripper >
United States
The douche is saying I can keep it for a "partial refund" of $35 or refund full if I return it.

FULL PLEASE!!

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:03:16 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California
According to eBay, the seller's policy says that the seller will pay for return shipping.

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:19:47 PM
icarwngs55 (67)
United States
I got a full refund. He is saying keep it because he doesn't want to have to pay return shipping. I am destroying the bitch. JUST SAY NO TO FAKE GAMES!

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:23:02 PM
WolfAlmighty (3)
(Wolfgang Abenteuer) < Lolo Lord >
Washington
Originally posted by: icarwngs55

I got a full refund. He is saying keep it because he doesn't want to have to pay return shipping. I am destroying the bitch. JUST SAY NO TO FAKE GAMES!

LOL, so he's not even trying to claim they're legit anymore?  I guess that's something at least.

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:27:56 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Yeah he stated I could return it or keep it for $35 refund...after asking for a full refund.

I opened a case with this info:
"Seller represented this item as authentic. It is in fact fake / bootleg media. Seller wanted it returned...it should be destroyed. I refuse to pay return shipping for a counterfeit. Would like eBay's involvement."

Within two minutes of opening a case the full $50 was returned.

At least he's responding...

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:33:42 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Now, depending on how this plays out with others, I'll decide about feedback.

What irks me is that some of those buyer aren't members and / or won't be able to tell that these are fakes.

I'd like the Seller to be take it upon themselves to refund all transactions...and tell the buyers' these are fakes...so these don't exist.

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:44:42 PM
icarwngs55 (67)
United States
Muthafodder I think you took it a bit far too fast. Though I can't say for sure if this guy made them himself or bought them and was lied to. He did recognize there was a problem, made an offer of a full or partial, I took the full, I got a FULL refund within minutes. This was without opening a case.

Once I told him it was fake and I wanted return shipping he said I could either return it if it made me feel better or just destroy it and obviously no return shipping was needed. So I am destroying it.

Just saying. Nothing personal. And this ordeal was quickly resolved. ON TO THE NEXT GAMING ADVENTURE!!

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:57:42 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
I don't.

I asked for a full refund initially.

Was responded with a partial with returning it for a full refund.

I feel the guy was calling my bluff. Maybe you didn't have a headache with your return, because he'd already tried giving me one. I don't think he was as willing until I opened a claim and notifying eBay it was a counterfeit.

I don't feel the slightest bit of sorrow for this guy. Anyone could tell this was a fake....especially a "Vintage Video Game Guy."

Just saying.

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:02:52 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
I've decided that if I see one positive feedback from a buyer about these and exclaiming joy in receiving this item, I'm leaving negative.

That would lead me to assume he didn't refund everyone's transaction and is only doing so for those that complain.

Hopefully those that haven't received theirs yet, get a full refund before getting it in the mail.

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:19:50 PM
Blue Ember (59)
Washington
Well I asked for my refund and got it almost immediately, although he did try the partial thing first, but then within minutes of that he just gave me the full $50. He may not have really known these were fake as he also stated this in his email to me "Sorry for the issues the guy I got them from on here eBay dorwena777 said these were authentic and he was a tech from the 90's". So this definitely wasn't a great transaction cause I really wanted a Zelda's Adventure Demo, but the member was at least quick to respond and correct the situation. As far as how he handlles it with the individuals who don't realize these are fake, I guess that will be up to him and his conscience.

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:30:04 PM
spoonman (66)
(Matt - The Obsessed Gamer) < Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Yep... report this seller ASAP.
File an eBay/Paypal claim and hopefully you'll get your money back and he'll be banned.

I see the NES guy had his auction has been removed. eBay does listen sometimes.

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:35:26 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Since someone asked:

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 219,900
Size: 450,355,200 bytes
Time: 48:54:00 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1... (LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> Track 01 (Mode 2, Form 2, LBA: 0 / 00:02:00)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 219900 / 48:54:00)

ATIP Information:
Disc ID: 97m15s05f
Manufacturer: TDK Corp.
Start Time of LeadIn: 97m15s05f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s74f

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:35:52 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Anyone know of a way to determine the date of the disc image?

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:42:55 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Blue Ember

Well I asked for my refund and got it almost immediately, although he did try the partial thing first, but then within minutes of that he just gave me the full $50. He may not have really known these were fake as he also stated this in his email to me "Sorry for the issues the guy I got them from on here eBay dorwena777 said these were authentic and he was a tech from the 90's". So this definitely wasn't a great transaction cause I really wanted a Zelda's Adventure Demo, but the member was at least quick to respond and correct the situation. As far as how he handlles it with the individuals who don't realize these are fake, I guess that will be up to him and his conscience.

So he claims to have bought several of these from the (Dorwena777), AKA the guy who sells the obvious Mario's Wacky Worlds CD-i copies?
Seems far fetched to me.

If he bought them from him on eBay he didn't leave OR receive FB from  dorwena777....
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&...

I'd send dorwena777 a message and see what he has to say about shelbynshera throwing him under the bus!

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:45:32 PM
spoonman (66)
New York
Originally posted by: Muthafodder

Anyone know of a way to determine the date of the disc image?

Try right clicking on it in Windows and checking the Properties.
Or open the disc files and check the dates under detailed list.

If it's a "CD-Ready" disc (IE: like The Apprentice for the CD-i) it may not display anything in Windows.
You'd have to use Disc Juggler or something similar to view the files and details.

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:48:53 PM
Muthafodder (4)
United States
Originally posted by: spoonman

Originally posted by: Blue Ember

So he claims to have bought several of these from the (Dorwena777), AKA the guy who sells the obvious Mario's Wacky Worlds CD-i copies?
Seems far fetched to me.

If he bought them from him on eBay he didn't leave OR receive FB from  dorwena777....
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&...

I'd send dorwena777 a message and see what he has to say about shelbynshera throwing him under the bus!

I looked for feedback too

This could get interesting...

Edited: 03/17/2012 at 10:52 PM by Muthafodder

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:15:57 PM
theguy1962 (193)
California
I still haven't messaged the seller since I haven't received mine, but I did receive a message from him.

"One of the other buyers informed me that they thought these were fake if you have any problems let me know I will make it right"

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:42:34 PM
Blue Ember (59)
Washington
Originally posted by: theguy1962

I still haven't messaged the seller since I haven't received mine, but I did receive a message from him.

"One of the other buyers informed me that they thought these were fake if you have any problems let me know I will make it right"

Well thats good to hear at least he is trying to own up to this and will as he said "make it right" if you are not satisfied (which you won't be). I am really unsure of what to do at this point since the seller promptly refunded my money, i've honestly had to deal with much worse crap on ebay and it's really hard at this point to determine all the facts.

Edited: 03/17/2012 at 11:44 PM by Blue Ember

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:20:48 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Dang that sucks guys, but hopefully this guy does the honest thing and let the ppl who bought them know they are fake. Because if he doesn't, he's basically stealing from the others who don't know.

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...