Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So I completed a Wii set. My story, guide to Wii rares and Pics!

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:27:37 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Ha, the list and information is almost more impressive than the set itself. Great work gathering all that data and making a complete list for such a large library of games, many of which are extremely hard to find. I feel like we're already going up the other side of the valley. Most of the stores around here are picked clean of 'good' Wii titles and have been for some time. Also a lot of rares going up in price quite rapidly. Congrats on the set!

-------------------------
Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Edited: 01/25/2017 at 09:28 PM by Andy_Bogomil

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:29:43 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Dag, yo! What a journey! Congrats on this awesome milestone!

I responded and subbed to your video. Great video! Very well put together (Must have taken forever to do!)

I actually laughed a bit at the way you pronounced "Lucha" from Lucha Libre. Yew fellers from the North West are so silly when it comes to the Spanish language.   lol

Ha, I should have asked my six year old daughter as she is in a spanish emersion school. She could teach me a thing or two. 😂

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:31:33 PM
thewalrusisal (42)
(Minister Pumpkin) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Atta boy!

NintendoID:  TheWalrus
3DS Friend Code:  3093-8213-0883
PSN: TheWalrusIsAl

I buy and collect the game, but if you guys can give me any insight on the game I like game to game game game game? - Blastocystosis

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:31:53 PM
linkloz (138)
(Geoff P) < El Ripper >
Ontario
I love how you have the coloured wiis up at the top! They look very cool. No surprise that you've got a really gorgeous looking setup, what with how excellent your previous game collection was setup. Congrats dude.  

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:36:03 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: bootload

I took a photo of this as a joke not knowing it was rare. I went back to the store 2 months later and it was still there, is it worth $30?

Its been awhile since I checked, but I recall it being more of a $15 game.

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:10:39 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Awesome man, congrats.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:22:42 PM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Way to go! Been looking forward to this post for a while now! I'm still chugging along... gonna update my thread soon, I swear!

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:35:19 PM
8-bit_boice (49)
(Josh Boice) < Meka Chicken >
Kansas
Congrats dude! Looks sweet!

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:49:51 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Those shelves are gorgeous. Where did you get them from? I've been thinking about making my own for my own setup, but those already look perfect.

Let's Go Penguins!

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:58:26 PM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Meant to ask... How do you display games that came in a sleeve? Print custom art and put everything in a regular case? Currently I just have the sleeves slipped between other cases but that's not exactly ideal.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:02:32 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
congrads on completing a monumental goal...but holy crap the Wii had SOOOOO MUCH shovelware...still a sight to see though  

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:07:15 PM
The Questyen (9)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
You did an awesome job with this thread NintendoTwizer. You went way in depth and that was a great video! I'm glad I was of help to you in completing your collection including being the one who you got the rarest game from. I only ever saw that one copy and I found it at a Gamestop where they had it mistagged as just one of the single titles since it wasn't in their system. It was pretty early on in my Wii collecting before I realized it was hard to find.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:10:43 PM
xMaGuSx (60)
< Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Congrats man, this couldn't have been easy.

gamevaluenow

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:13:37 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Awesome!
Ive seen and even have some of those games. I had no idea they were rare. Ill have to keep an eye out for the others.

Playas Guide Logo

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:23:49 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Congrats. I've been looking forward to this write up and the pictures, and you did not disappoint.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:32:26 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Awesome awesome collection! I don't even have any in the top 50 and I thought I had a couple rarer titles. What are some of your favorite wii games? Maybe some more obscure ones you like? We all know about the marios, xenoblade, zelda, etc.

My WTB thread

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54:31 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Dag, yo! What a journey! Congrats on this awesome milestone!

I responded and subbed to your video. Great video! Very well put together (Must have taken forever to do!)

I actually laughed a bit at the way you pronounced "Lucha" from Lucha Libre. Yew fellers from the North West are so silly when it comes to the Spanish language.   lol

Ha, I should have asked my six year old daughter as she is in a spanish emersion school. She could teach me a thing or two. 😂
Hahaha Well, that or you could grab the My Spanish Coach game for Wii, however I think that one might be a European exclusive.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:55:39 PM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Surprised Oregon Trail wasn't mentioned....

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:04:21 AM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
What an awesome thread. Thank you for your research and for sharing.

My question is what about the situation of a listing being for multiple copies. For example, there are 4 listings for Burger Bot on eBay, but one of them is Deal Tavern with 71 new copies. Did that factor into your perceived rarity? If we're talking about availability as a prime consideration, that game will be available for quite awhile   Curious about your thoughts on this.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:24:43 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Amazing!!! Thanks for such a detailed write-up. Following your thread has been a treat. I think it woke up a lot of people to the fact that there really are more than a handful of great games on the Wii.

Instagram
Wishlist

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:40:45 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Very cool! Love the way you have it displayed! Congrats!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:43:46 AM
NintendoTwizer (172)
Wyoming
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

What an awesome thread. Thank you for your research and for sharing.

My question is what about the situation of a listing being for multiple copies. For example, there are 4 listings for Burger Bot on eBay, but one of them is Deal Tavern with 71 new copies. Did that factor into your perceived rarity? If we're talking about availability as a prime consideration, that game will be available for quite awhile   Curious about your thoughts on this.
Ah, yep... that Deal Tavern.  You got me there, just an oversight on my part.  Had I saw the 71 copies it would have dropped off the list.  

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:01:41 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Once again your collection makes me speechless.

So when you said unique games, did you mean Wii exclusives? I'm trying to go for exclusives for nearly every system but if there's 1,262 exclusive games...I think I might just pick up the "good" exclusives lol.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:06:42 AM
jkenned5 (131)
(Jordan Kennedy) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Originally posted by: dr.robbie

Congrats buddy, been waiting for this thread  

I like your rarity list. I haven't been looking for Wii games for a bit, but it seems to line up pretty close to what I was considering. Curious as to why you left Disney Violetta out of the ranking?

Thats a really hard one to place. Its really an odd duck. Seems like only one seller has copies (Deal Tavern) and I'm unsure if he has 5 copies or 500.

He has 735 copies. Congrats on the post but the majority of it is just going to breed wrothless speculator shits. I have seen the majority of your "rares" in bins up North where its harder to even find wii games. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:14:58 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Ha, the list and information is almost more impressive than the set itself. Great work gathering all that data and making a complete list for such a large library of games, many of which are extremely hard to find. I feel like we're already going up the other side of the valley. Most of the stores around here are picked clean of 'good' Wii titles and have been for some time. Also a lot of rares going up in price quite rapidly. Congrats on the set!
Yeah I disagree about this being a prime time to get into Wii. Still a "good" time perhaps, but when Mensa has gone from $30 to $300, the market is ripe with speculators and people willing to key on the "next big thing".  I think the best time to get into Wii was probably 2014-2015, though doing it now is still going to be better than 5 years from now.

Also, I'd expect Mensa to be topped out at these levels with little room for growth.  The high price tag will bring out more copies and people will try to sit on those copies thinking that it is worth it based on past sales.  The BINs will stagnate and as auctioned copies start bringing less, it will gradually cool.  Then people will pile into the next big thing (Maximum?) and those prices will get higher before stalling as well.  This is the normal speculative cycle of when a system is collected though... this already happened with Fritz Chess.  It was "the rare game" for a little while there (2013ish?), but it's value has done nothing but stagnate ever since.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=