Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2016) Games beaten: 254/303 - Last finished game: Mission: Impossible

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:35:18 AM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
Also, what did the mystery CIB prize end up being? I wasn't really chasing it, but I was curious as to what it was. I won't be mad about not winning unless it was Sculptor's cut.

-------------------------
Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Jan 2, 2016 at 10:15:12 AM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: link463

Also, what did the mystery CIB prize end up being? I wasn't really chasing it, but I was curious as to what it was. I won't be mad about not winning unless it was Sculptor's cut.
I sent you a message (it is still secret).

Originally posted by: link463

Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Mario Kart is pissing me off what is the requirement for beating it?
Getting gold for every cup, whatever the CCs.

Not trying to be a buzz kill or anything, but the requirement was always gold on 150cc, because that's the only way to get the credits. Also, yay new N64 thread!

Oh, my bad... Toxie, do you think you'd be able to do it ?

Edited: 01/02/2016 at 10:17 AM by RetroMichel

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:01:15 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Not trying to be a buzz kill or anything, but the requirement was always gold on 150cc, because that's the only way to get the credits. Also, yay new N64 thread!

Of course man 150cc on Mushroom cup has already been done so will just have to do the other 3...just reserve it for me

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:17:50 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Of course man 150cc on Mushroom cup has already been done so will just have to do the other 3...just reserve it for me

Perfect !

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:33:18 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Clay Fighter 63 1/3 is completed. It's a game I like a lot due to the characters and the interaction in the levels. For example, if you get your enemy out of the stage, it goes to another place. I used Blob, like always. Also, there is humor, which isn't bad at all.

Good game !

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:57:34 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Working on Quest 64 should be able to finish today. First time playing suprsingly and I am really enjoying it.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:19:45 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Carmageddon 64 is done. It is an OK game with many flaws. I'll explain the game a little. You have a certain number of races in which you can whether:

1. Destroy everybody (that's what I do all the time).
2. Actually do the race.
3. Kill all the zombies in the map.

When you win three consecutive races, you have a mission. There is a total of ten missions and these are the only thing that brings something new. Yeah, the game is VERY repetitive. The controls can be awful at moments, because you always "jump" from hitting walls, bumps, etc.

It doesn't deserve the 1.3/10 rating of IGN, but it doesn't deserve anything higher than 6 as well.

Pretty bad game, but definitely not the worst by Titus.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:23:43 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Hey Michel what is the requirements for Mario Party 1?

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 01/02/2016 at 07:23 PM by Uncle Meat

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:46:56 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

I think I know how. By looking at this video,

I guess that you need to do every map in the Warp Pipe, then you'll unlock the Eternal Star (final level). Don't forget that this is a guess and I never completed the first Mario Party. link463 is the true expert, he should know what you need to do.

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:13:03 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
I need a break from Quest 64 that game is longer than I thought l.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 2, 2016 at 8:34:23 PM
Italia64 (1)
(Gabriele Atzori) < Eggplant Wizard >
Italy
Hi guys!
I doubt that I'll manage to win the contest this year too. In fact in 2015 I beaten 67 N64 games (it's been a fantastic year of N64 gaming and I'll remember it for my whole life I suppose haha), and I don't think I'll replay these games in 2016.
Mostly of my other games are new so I can't play them. The only solution in order to be competitive would be buying an Everdrive 64.

Another fact, this year I want to work in some world records in some N64 racing games like F-1 RC, WDC, Wipeout 64 and Ridge Racer 64.
I don't know what are my chances by the way.
So I won't play many other games, unless I change idea about the records.

I will surely play Body Harvest by the way.

So far I made the records in all the F-1 RC 16 tracks, you'll find all my times on cyberscore.uk soon.

If somebody wants battle with me please join this:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo...

As the F-1 RC cart is on the slot, today I beaten the game in the Pick Up & Play mode.
In this modality you start all the races by the 22th place and you have to arrive at least 6th in the first 4 races, 3th in other four races, 2nd in other four and 1st in the last four (Master mode).
I won all the 16 races on the first attempt and here is my score.

I don't like the game on Arcade mode, I prefer it on Simulation mode. But I wanted to beat the Pick Up & Play mode, which is available on Arcade only.

I have to work in Bucharest for four months since March, so I don't know if I'll have the time to play there, I really hope to have it.

Happy new year to everybody. Good luck with the games and many thanks to hour host RetroMichel who decided to work for the contest this year too. After the great work made last year. Many thanks man!

Edited: 01/02/2016 at 08:38 PM by Italia64

Jan 2, 2016 at 9:09:50 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Okay went back and did the 150cc races as promised....here are the credits.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Edited: 01/02/2016 at 09:10 PM by Uncle Meat

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:15:34 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers is done. I've done it in 2014, in 2015 and now in 2016. What a fun game, but unfortunately, it is very short. I find the graphics to be very good as well as the gameplay. Simple, but effective. I recommend it.

Good game !

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:30:27 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Fighters Destiny is beaten. I honestly think it is the best 3D fighter on the console. Last year, I unlocked all the characters but one (the Joker), and it was a real challenge. If you get all the characters in this game, you're really a beast at it. Very challenging title. I played as Leon, my favorite fighter.

Very good game.

Jan 3, 2016 at 5:00:30 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Man I am trying to beat all the long games I am an idiot haha.

Banjo Kazooie is probably half done.
Quest 64 a bit over half done.

I guess nobody else will have to beat them though.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 3, 2016 at 6:29:39 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas

You have to play all the boards (including Magma Mountain,) get 100 stars, and then just play Eternal Star. It doesn't matter if you win it or not. Playing long enough to get 100 stars by yourself can get really time consuming (and boring.) Therefore, I recommend turning all the CPU players into regular players at the end of the game so you can get their stars, too. If you still don't have the 100 after you've played all the boards, let the computer control all four characters, set them to hard, and switch them back to player before the game ends so you can get the stars. It will take a while, and it might seem cheap to do it this way, but unless you have friends who are up for the challenge or you REALLY like Mario Party, this is the best way to do it.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Edited: 01/03/2016 at 06:30 PM by link463

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:06:20 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I completed Batman Beyond in a previous thread and now in this thread. This is an easy point. Just pick the Defensive suit and mash the special attack button through all 5 levels. You will beat the game on your first try and it only takes half an hour. It might've been worth a $2 rental back in the day but I would've been very disappointed had I bought this for $50 when it came out.

Edited: 01/03/2016 at 08:09 PM by cheaterdragon1

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:59:47 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
I'm very close to finishing Mario 64. I'll probably finish it later tonight. If someone finished before me, no worries.

Edit: Done!

Edited: 01/03/2016 at 11:02 PM by laddersandcakes

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:02:13 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario

You have to play all the boards (including Magma Mountain,) get 100 stars, and then just play Eternal Star. It doesn't matter if you win it or not. Playing long enough to get 100 stars by yourself can get really time consuming (and boring.) Therefore, I recommend turning all the CPU players into regular players at the end of the game so you can get their stars, too. If you still don't have the 100 after you've played all the boards, let the computer control all four characters, set them to hard, and switch them back to player before the game ends so you can get the stars. It will take a while, and it might seem cheap to do it this way, but unless you have friends who are up for the challenge or you REALLY like Mario Party, this is the best way to do it.

Alright thanks man I just started playing with the girlfriend tonight, will just have to do it overtime.

Got like 5 games on the go.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:13:54 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
I guess I need to actually contribute to this thread, but I have no idea what I want to play...

-

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:20:35 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
I keep grinding out games and then can't going on anymore.....they will get done but it is just a matter of time.

Work starts again tomorrow but I will still be playing a lot in my free time (pretty much all my free time)

In case anyone doesn't want to waste time on games I am playing and am pretty much done all but Mario Party.

Banjo-Kazooie
Shadows of the Empire
Quest 64
Mario Party

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:22:14 AM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Okay, assuming there isn't more to it than winning a game, here's Jeopardy! I picked this up a couple months ago, and tonight was my first time playing it. Actually think it's pretty fun, even though I wish there were more music during the round, or at least more sounds. It's a quiet game. I did like the sound bytes from Alex Trebek and was impressed by the inclusion of a handful of FMV snippets of him responding and introducing parts of the show. Also, the game only seems to allow use of the d-pad, which is a change of pace, for sure. I might have to play this some more, with people next time. I played the Wii Jeopardy a bunch with my dad. Good times. My family is a huge fan of the show; makes me miss living at home, watching with them every night.

Oh, also, fun to see the old monetary increments and Alex's mustache. He should grow it back!

Edited: 01/04/2016 at 12:28 AM by laddersandcakes

Jan 4, 2016 at 2:31:55 AM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Mario Tennis is done! Last one for tonight, ha.

Not gonna lie; it wasn't a cakewalk. I got hung up on at least three opponents, but after numerous rematches, prevailed. I never played any of the Mario sports games till recently. My roommate and I have been obsessed with Mario Tennis, but tonight was my first time playing against the computer. Some of those peeps play for keeps. Really satisfying to finish. Yoshi for life.

Edit: I lied about never playing a Mario sports game till recently, but only halfway. I played a small bit of Mario Golf on the Game Boy Color when I was younger. Memories! Why am I still awake? 

Edited: 01/04/2016 at 02:45 AM by laddersandcakes

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:20:21 AM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Heh, laddersandcakes, you just picked off the next two N64 games I planned to do. No worries, though -- congrats on the victories!

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:32:54 AM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
I wonder if I could beat both Zeldas in a day? I'd have to wait until Saturday to find out, and I bet someone does them before then.

-