Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New-in-box Conker's Bad Fur Day PAL / EUR Seriously? Must be rare.

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:02:28 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

(Karl Olsson) < Little Mac >
Sweden
Greetins, fellow collectors.

I got a PAL Conker's Bad Fur Day (also the European version) the other week from a collector
who got it from an old store. It's new in box and there's not a sign of box-damage where it supposedly could've been opened.

Pics:

And the final question should be: What would you estimate the value to be? 

-------------------------
I'm 12, what is this?

Edited: 03/04/2012 at 09:06 AM by Ok64ismine

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:30:16 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
I would say to get that bad boy graded along with the other one and the value might be a lot higher!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:40:48 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
How do you mean? Along with the other one? You propose I should do a VGA grading on the game, or what?

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:47:44 PM
Dark Highlander (0)
(The Dark Highlander) < Little Mac >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: gwyndion

I would say to get that bad boy graded along with the other one and the value might be a lot higher!
I would say don't get it graded. I know some of us are mostly into the collecting aspect of gaming but lets not forget that these games are meant to be played.
I see a bleak future where practically every retro game on Ebay will be unplayable cause of this hard plastic casing wrapped around each one of them with a number attached to them that they call a grade. Yes you could rip out the casing, but then that was the reason you had to pay so much for it in the first place....

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:56:03 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
It is new-in-box tho, so it's not gonna get played at all! Got a gaming copy of the game, and that's it!

So can anyone give me a good price estimation on this bad boy? I've seen them sell fairly high on Ebay, but none of them have been NIB, and I must say this one is close to perfect in condition.

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:59:34 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I can't say that I know for certain, but I'd say it's worth a fair bit of money, for sure. I'm pretty sure this didn't sell very well in Europe. If I had to take a stab at placing a number on it, maybe $400-$500?

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:33:10 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Sounds like a fair price, really. Anyone else wanna have a go on it? It's not going to be for sale in a while, but it feels good having a fixed value on it so I can put it down on paper along with the documentation of my collection!

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:26:38 AM
Cabanon (53)
(Louis Duquet) < Lolo Lord >
Quebec
400, really ? sealed maybe, but I wouldnt pay more for a NIB than an opened copy. it doesnt look like its been opened, but who knows. you could open it with a knife and you wouldnt see a sign that's its been opened. so i dont know.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:36:31 AM
acomicbookguyc (350)
(Cristian Romero ) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Cabanon

400, really ? sealed maybe, but I wouldnt pay more for a NIB than an opened copy. it doesnt look like its been opened, but who knows. you could open it with a knife and you wouldnt see a sign that's its been opened. so i dont know.
He got it from a local collector so the OP probably trusts the guy.

Also did this game come sealed in cellophane or did the Pal version not come sealed?

Help me complete my N64 set!
225/296 Carts - 228/296 Manuals - 236/296 Boxes
http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:12:34 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden

Well, 400 ~ 2800 SEK at this time. Carts have gone for like 100 USD ~ 700 SEK from time to time, and complete copies in various condition can go for as much as 200 USD, now talking about the EUR version in Sweden. The box is very stiff in the hinges, so to speak, and haven't got any sign of thumbs opening it. And from what I've learned about determining if a box has been opened or not this seams to be unharmed in every kind of way.
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

Also did this game come sealed in cellophane or did the Pal version not come sealed?
The guy has been a collector mate who sold his Nintendo 64 collection to me a couple of weeks ago. The story that follows that he goes to a flee market (or whatever you wanna call it) nearby where a reseller usually is having a table (yeah, that's how swedes does it). The reseller had gotten hold of a larger quantity of new-in-box games from an old shop, and believe me, the guy is pretty terrible with prices so my friend picked this very Conker BFD up for around 70 USD ~ 500 SEK which is a real steal.

What have come to my knowledge is that the Conker's Bad Fur Day never came sealed. I can ask a few of my swedish collector pals who bought loads of them when they were soldout back in the days!

And if my english is messed up, just ignore it (or correct me)!

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:32:31 AM
gumgum14 (3)

(Ben S) < Eggplant Wizard >
New South Wales
That thing is nice! very rare do you see PAL sealed N64 games.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:11:04 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Thinking about doing an Ebay-listing just to see what people will bid, with a minimum sale price ofcourse.

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:34:50 AM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
The telltale of the white strip on the bottom, left from the important warning on the bakcbox ( thus being opened ) is there right?

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:48:36 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
It must be the scanner that gives that light - can't be visible "in real life" so to speak. Can take some pictures when I come home from school if you still doubt it.

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:55:19 AM
Cabanon (53)
Quebec
Originally posted by: acomicbookguyc

im pretty sure that as of last week, i saw a sealed copy on ebay. but for some reason i cant find the link. PAL came sealed, but i dont know if they were ALL sold sealed.

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:33:29 AM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
The Aussie Pal ones didn't come sealed. I have one somewhere brand new straight from the store. I think it has the security seals from the store on it though. Also have some US sealed ones with the plastic wrap.
I don't remember any 64 game here coming sealed with wrap. But it was a long time ago. Best $19 I ever spent.

PS: nice pubes

Edited: 03/06/2012 at 09:35 AM by skylersz

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:00:45 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Thing is I've barely seen any games that were sold in Sweden with seal. I've come across several new copies of games, but none of them have been sealed. I'll investigate further in this case when I come home and I'll have a closer look at the box and the "hinges". Anymore tips to make sure it haven't been opened except for the word of my pal?

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 2:52:15 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Alright, making a double post, but when I've had a closer look at the box there's no sign at all on damage where it has been opened. Where Dennis stated it might have gone "white" it's just reflections from the scanner, and the box is very stiff in the area!

Shall I mark it down then for $450 in my document? Less? More?

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 6, 2012 at 8:06:52 PM
Dark Highlander (0)
United Kingdom
CIB UK released version usually go between £40-£100 depending on condition.

I've got many SNES games that are in mint condition and even some that are extremely rare. With a decent amount of care i can actually take the games out without so much as bending or stressing any part of the packaging.
So you will have a hard time convincing folk this hasn't been opened without the cellophane or any other kind of seal regardless if it originally came with one or not.

Edited: 03/06/2012 at 08:52 PM by Dark Highlander

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:28:27 AM
Cabanon (53)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Dark Highlander

So you will have a hard time convincing folk this hasn't been opened without the cellophane or any other kind of seal regardless if it originally came with one or not.

this and check on the 2nd pic, on the right side, there's a spot the size of a finger that might indicated that it has been already opened. not that we dont trust you, but NIB or CIB is the same. sealed and CIB is another story.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:12:38 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
Oh well, the Swedish NES games didn't come sealed - therefore none of them can be sold as new in box? I actually trust the guy who I bought it from, and I'll consider it as new anyway. I know I can probably never sell it as new, but it'll stick around in my collection for a longer period of time. And £40-100? You can get £60 for just the cart in Sweden, so I'll probably base my value on that.

And now for the final question: What if it IS new-in-box, with no-one opening it? Would you still consider it as a CIB in very good condition?

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:41:34 AM
cyan_phoenix (15)

(Cyan Phoenix) < Meka Chicken >
New South Wales
I dunno - it is risky selling an unsealed PAL n64 game stating that it has never been opened, because you simply don't know if this is true. Your friend got it from someone else and this other person could have opened it (at least just to check the contents) some time in the past. It is extremely easy to open an n64 box without leaving any marks, so I would not rely on assuming it has never been opened just because it looks good (My copy of Conkers looks perfect but has been opened plenty of times). I'm also not sure how you can be so confident from the photos that it has never been opened - it might be just my eyes, but the sides are a little bent (and even if they were perfect - it doesn't say much). Unless you got it directly from the distributor you should not state that it has never been opened.

I would even go as far as to say that you should actually check the contents of the Conkers game to verify that everything is there before selling it. Otherwise you are leaving yourself open to claims (the buyer could claim the contents were not all there, or, more likely, that the contents inside showed evidence of being used - and you would never know if the person is actually telling the truth or not). If you sell it, you can just state that it is like new and you have checked the contents - I think you will get more people interested than you selling it and never having looked at the contents.

Edited: 03/07/2012 at 04:44 AM by cyan_phoenix

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:42:38 AM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
I'll leave the content unchecked until the day I'm going to sell it. Have paid about $170 ~ €130 ~ 1200 SEK for it so even it's not brand new I will get my money back. Well, marking it down for the max price of an extraordinary CIB then, thanks for your help guys!

I'm 12, what is this?

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:46:04 PM
Dark Highlander (0)
United Kingdom
I just saw on Ebay last night that a copy in similar condition to yours went for £87 which is around $140 just for your information

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:53:08 PM
Ok64ismine (1)

Sweden
They go for much higher in Sweden, as stated in previous comments .

I'm 12, what is this?