Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gauntlet 4 Quest mode Have you played it?

May 19, 2016 at 11:02:50 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I bought gauntlet 4 last month and have never played the sega genesis port, after i decided it was time to clean the game i took a look through the manual and found out about quest mode. Gauntlet 4 has a leveling up system and you can use items, i am so surpised with how much fun this mode is. I recommend everyone to check out some gameplay footage for this fun game mode, iam so excited that very soon i will have my HD retro vision cables so i can get better picture out of my genesis to enjoy this game even more. As soon as i get those i will call up my buddy and we will have to do a full coop play through of Questmode, i figured i should share this here for anyone else who loves gauntlet and would like to see that before gauntlet legends we had a game with rpg elements and a nice leveling system with stats.

Questmode has four towers you have to go through and you get to buy weapons and items between the towers at town before going into each tower.
Questmode has a password save feature as well and is up to 4 players coop, you also have a few other nice modes like, arcademode,battlemode and record mode. Battle mode is basicly vs mode but you can also use saves from quest mode to bring leveled characters to do battle, this mode is 1 vs 1. Lastly is record mode is just like a speed run mode.
Edit: I forgot to say the music is fantastic.

Edited: 05/19/2016 at 11:26 PM by zredgemz

May 20, 2016 at 5:38:04 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
I know this is a sega game but no love for gauntlet 4 here?

May 20, 2016 at 6:40:42 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
I've played it. It's pretty cool, but not quite as good as Dungeon Explorer. It would be a lot better if I had someone to play it with.

May 20, 2016 at 6:45:47 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I grew up loving Demon Stalkers by Electronic Arts. I didn't realize for years it was a Gauntlet ripoff, but I've always thought it was the superior game, though only supports 2 players. I have the Midway Arcade Collection for Xbox 360 which included arcade Gauntlet I & II but I've never come across a copy of Gauntley 4.

May 20, 2016 at 10:43:53 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Originally posted by: Trj22487

I grew up loving Demon Stalkers by Electronic Arts. I didn't realize for years it was a Gauntlet ripoff, but I've always thought it was the superior game, though only supports 2 players. I have the Midway Arcade Collection for Xbox 360 which included arcade Gauntlet I & II but I've never come across a copy of Gauntley 4.
I just looked this game up and it looks really interesting, i need to get dosbox setup and give it a go.

Edited: 05/20/2016 at 10:44 PM by zredgemz

May 21, 2016 at 9:55:57 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
I'll definitely have to check out Demon Stalkers also.

May 21, 2016 at 10:01:50 AM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I grew up with the C64 version of Demon Stalkers, I consider it to be THEE version. The DOS version is a totally different game altogether (totally different levels and pace) and isn't the game I recommend (but it still looks enjoyable)

The C64 version I think is incredible and genius. You need this password puzzle wheel to progress through the game, but I have seen it available online through a txt. document. It's one of my favorite games of all time, 101 levels of greatness with a true storyline and ending, epic final boss that legit gave me nightmares as a kid (Calvrak), with sprites and textures in the 100th level that are found nowhere else in the game, and has a SICK level editor for endless replay. Definitely check it out if you like Gauntlet. Seriously, nobody knows about this game but it was my favorite as a kid. We played it more than anything at my house. I still have my childhood copy and manual, plus a separate CIB copy with the wheel that I bought on eBay.

Funny enough, we owned Gauntlet for the C64 too, but it was our only floppy disc that would never boot up, I never recall playing it, yet even have a photo of myself from 1993 where Gauntlet is the disc in front of all our games

Edited: 05/21/2016 at 10:31 AM by Trj22487

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:01:21 PM
zredgemz (1)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Sorry had to bump this to see if anyone else has played quest mode in this game.

Here is a link to the Fantastic soundtrack for Gauntlet 4

Definitely a solid soundtrack that i did not expect.