Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Philips Videopac G7000 questions Removable controllers, power button?

Mar 27 at 4:11:57 AM
Last1Up (2)
(Daan Lagerwaard) < Crack Trooper >
Netherlands
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a Philips Videopac G7000, also known as the Magnavox Oddesey 2. It came with the power cable, 9 games and is in great condition. However, I have some questions. In the back of the console there are some pieces of plastic that stick out from the rest. Was this ever used as a port for controllers or something? I have read things about ealry versions of the Oddesy 2 having removable controllers, so does the Videopac had this too? Another question I have is regarding the power. There isn't a power button on the system, but is it always turned on is the power cord is connected or only is llf there is a cartridge inserted? Thanks in advance Last1Up

Edited: 03/27/2019 at 04:12 AM by Last1Up

Mar 27 at 6:37:25 AM
tordur (2)

(Tórður Debes) < Crack Trooper >
Faeroe Islands
Deleted - Read the question wrong. Sorry

-------------------------
"The problem with the world today is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Edited: 03/27/2019 at 06:38 AM by tordur

Mar 27 at 10:43:58 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
I don't know about removable controllers, every O2 I've seen has them hardwired in, but it's funny that the Videopac doesn't have a power button. According to the manual you just jam the cartridges in and the system is always on. I assume it saved them approximately $0.25 per unit. Just like the Odyssey 1.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 03/27/2019 at 10:45 AM by DefaultGen

Mar 27 at 9:51:34 PM
VGS_OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

I don't know about removable controllers, every O2 I've seen has them hardwired in, but it's funny that the Videopac doesn't have a power button. According to the manual you just jam the cartridges in and the system is always on. I assume it saved them approximately $0.25 per unit. Just like the Odyssey 1.

To be fair, 25 cents in 1978 is worth approximately four thousand dollars in today's money...

www.videogamesage.com...