Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

ZZ Top they still have "it"

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:45:11 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Saw these guys in concert last night and it was incredible!

Three guys still having fun doing what they love.

-------------------------

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:47:53 AM
LucasWeatherby (42)
(Lucas Weatherby) < El Ripper >
Florida
they are coming to tampa with kid rock this weekend for $20! I am super stoked!

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:52:24 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
You can never go wrong with a ZZ Top show!

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:46:36 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: dra600n

To top it off, it was a pretty intimate venue (the Ferguson Center, if you ever heard of that when you lived down here... it's pretty high end for a college theater - CNU - but not huge for the style of theater that it is).

We had 3rd floor box seats (4 boxes on each side of the theater, with only 4 seats per box)), and it felt pretty swank.

I don't think there was a bad seat in the house, though, since even the nosebleed section of 2nd balcony wasn't actually behind the 1st balcony, it was actually a full floor above it.

Really neat venue design.

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:55:00 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

To top it off, it was a pretty intimate venue (the Ferguson Center, if you ever heard of that when you lived down here... it's pretty high end for a college theater - CNU - but not huge for the style of theater that it is).

We had 3rd floor box seats (4 boxes on each side of the theater, with only 4 seats per box)), and it felt pretty swank.

I don't think there was a bad seat in the house, though, since even the nosebleed section of 2nd balcony wasn't actually behind the 1st balcony, it was actually a full floor above it.

I never heard of that place. The ones I'm familiar with are the NorVA, The Scope, and the VA Beach & Portsmouth Ampetheaters. What town is it in?

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:59:34 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I never heard of that place. The ones I'm familiar with are the NorVA, The Scope, and the VA Beach & Portsmouth Ampetheaters. What town is it in?

It is in Newport News just off of CNU (Christopher Newport University) campus and next to the Mariner's Museum and Peninsual Fine Arts Center (PFAC that they mention on the radio from time to time).

Since you were down in VA Beach I doubt you would have made the tunnel trek to see anything there. (just like it would take a BIG F'N DEAL for me to be willing to blow an evening trying to get down to the NorVA or Scope)

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:08:41 AM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
My favorite band. I've seen them before and I gotta say it was the best concert ever.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:15:57 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

It is in Newport News just off of CNU (Christopher Newport University) campus and next to the Mariner's Museum and Peninsual Fine Arts Center (PFAC that they mention on the radio from time to time).

Since you were down in VA Beach I doubt you would have made the tunnel trek to see anything there. (just like it would take a BIG F'N DEAL for me to be willing to blow an evening trying to get down to the NorVA or Scope)

I lived in Newport News for about 8 months, right off of Jefferson blvd, about a half mile from mercury before I moved to Williamsburg, so the only time I made it down that way was when the band was playing.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:17:37 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I lived in Newport News for about 8 months, right off of Jefferson blvd, about a half mile from mercury before I moved to Williamsburg, so the only time I made it down that way was when the band was playing.

Oh, for some reason I thought you were down in Virginia Beach.

Yeah... you would have been walking distance (though it looks like it was built in 2005, so after your time, i guess)

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:19:24 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

My favorite band. I've seen them before and I gotta say it was the best concert ever.

Yeah, I'm not going to act like I've seen a ton of big-name concerts... but for what I've seen over the years, these guys are by far the best, both in terms of actual musicianship and projecting the vibe that they are genuinely having a good time doing what they do.

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:20:29 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Oh, for some reason I thought you were down in Virginia Beach.

Yeah... you would have been walking distance (though it looks like it was built in 2005, so after your time, i guess)

Yeah, I moved to Williamsburg in 2004, and only went through Newport News anytime after.

Sep 9, 2013 at 12:35:39 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

Originally posted by: nes_pimp

Yeah, I'm not going to act like I've seen a ton of big-name concerts... but for what I've seen over the years, these guys are by far the best, both in terms of actual musicianship and projecting the vibe that they are genuinely having a good time doing what they do.

I have seen tons of big shows AC/DC, Ozzy, Manson, Judas Preist, KISS, Motley Crue,etc. ZZ Top was the best live preformance, they did'nt have any fire works, dragons jumping out of the stage, or platforms hovering over the audience. Just 3 very talented playa's putting on one hell of a show, increadable.

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:38:32 PM
Sneak (37)

(Ryan K) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I remember seeing them a few years back. Spinning guitars and beards were in full effect!! They put on a good show.

I also recall there being many signs at the venue warning (motor) bikers not wear any colours, or patches with their gang on them.

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:00:25 PM
fmdof (77)
(Robert Brimacombe) < Lolo Lord >
United States
isn't it funny that their drummer Frank Beard, is the only one w/o a beard?

Looking for N64 Boxes/manuals:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Looking for Genesis-Master System Boxes/manuals
http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:57:28 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: fmdof

isn't it funny that their drummer Frank Beard, is the only one w/o a beard?

Billy Gibbons slipped that one in when he was doing introductions...

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:46:00 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
I've never seen them but I do really dig them. I'm not big on seeing concerts these days but the two artists I would like to see are ZZ Top, naturally, and Hank 3. With my luck, though, every time either comes around I am either working or have other plans.

I have not heard one bad thing about ZZ Top live, though, so that is definitely a great sign.