Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So uh...this walks into the store Stadium Events CIB

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:05:35 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Exactly right

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:16:10 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Like some collector wouldn't "sell" that game or give it to his/her heirs to "sell" and get the most money for later in life.

Jeez.

Oh, at one time the Bandai pamphlet was taken out of this, there is a poster missing....game is still complete but someone took something out of it.

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:16:46 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee

who cares about donkey kong jr math or any number of other titles then?  Have you tried playing black box baseball?  Its putrid.    Doesn't mean I don't love my copy though.

I LOVE Nintendo BASEBALL!  =D

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:20:50 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
so do I, its called Baseball Stars

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:26:40 PM
Redivivus (11)
< King Solomon >
Utah
Originally posted by: Bronty

so do I, its called RBI 3.

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:32:18 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan

Originally posted by: Ladybug-pug

Originally posted by: Ladybug-pug

Originally posted by: p33jay

I think he means this would have been a heartwarming tale if a collector stumbled upon this in a shop, someone who would treasure it instead of considering it treasure?

Who cares about stadium events anyway? As a game not as a collector peice. It's not any fun. Real "treasureing" is like treasuring super mario world for memories of opening the game on Xmas or fond memories of cool levels. I dont know anyone who treasures athletic world. It's all about having a game that others dont. BFD. It's a cool story but comes down only to rarity, worth, and money in any scenario. 

who cares about donkey kong jr math or any number of other titles then?  Have you tried playing black box baseball?  Its putrid.    Doesn't mean I don't love my copy though.

I know. But people are phrasing this situation like there are those who deserve games and those who dont. It would be sad if a collector who only had interest in owning a copy for nostalgea and playing couldnt get it but when it comes to SE it has nothing to do with playing and everything to do with value in which case it's just a posession that has extreme value, not a priceless childhood heirloom 

Oh I see what you were saying now.    Right.   I just don't even go down that road because I just stop right at the concept of "deserving games" at affordable prices and my brain explodes.   Its amazing how many communists there are in collecting.

amazing how many communists there are in collecting

This.

Phone doesn't give me the option to bold the statement haha

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:52:52 PM
ColdStatic (19)
(Alex Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: bosskismyhero

I dont want to be a grump ***hole... but.. wait yes i do want to be. This is easily the most upsetting story ive ever read pertaining to collecting. Other stadium events, or NWC's etc.. its one thing when someone just realizes its sitting around in their house and they put 2 and 2 together and realize they have thousands on their hands. This, however was sitting peacefully in a thrift shop just waiting for a collector to stumble upon it and have the achievement of his/her lifetime. Instead some stupid girl presumably goes to goodwill to buy some pots and pans and NBA 2004 for her and her significant others "significant ps2 collection" gets to find it. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!HHH!H!H!HH. Rage out.

Are you old enough to have student loans? Because I find it very hard to believe that you are and you couldn't be happy for someone who gets to pay them off in one fell swoop at no real cost to them. They can honestly almost be life ruiners if you're in bad enough.

Edit: Also keep in mind that if ANY collector besides the most die-hard of NES guys stumbled upon this, the EXACT SAME RESULT would have happened. There are very, very few people around who would rather have Stadium Events than the $20,000 it will probably go for, collectors included.

Going for a complete US retail PS1 collection!
Always interested in PS1 stuff, commons included. Feel free to PM me any time!

Edited: 04/20/2013 at 04:56 PM by ColdStatic

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:07:35 PM
BossK (47)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
haha, i cant believe the stir my views have caused. hilarious stuff. jealousy, umm no, have to say whoever said that is 100% off base. someone actually nailed it, then retracted their statement siding with the masses hopping all over my "wrong" opinions. Not that i care what anyone here says or thinks, but i personally find it different if a collector sales something as opposed to a random plebeian who happens to stumble upon it. And yes, i have plenty of student loans.

Stephen - Destroyer of rare game boxes

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:17:07 PM
Arkturus (80)
(Brian Koo) < Lolo Lord >
California
Why do you post here if you don't care what others say or think? Your reading our responses and responding yourself because you do care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here.

Playing Clash of Clans Hardcore - If your in-game and looking for a clan we're recruiting - PM me with details

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:25:31 PM
BossK (47)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Arkturus

Why do you post here if you don't care what others say or think? Your reading our responses and responding yourself because you do care. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here.

why eat pizza when you can eat berries and leaves? YMB? 

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:30:28 PM
BossK (47)
< Meka Chicken >
Kentucky

Stephen - Destroyer of rare boxes

Apr 20, 2013 at 5:40:10 PM
rondy_ (91)
< El Ripper >
United States
there is a small tear on the SE box flap

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:06:42 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan

Trolololol?

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:55:08 PM
Fahrenheit (36)
< Lolo Lord >
United States

Suure..

Make a video, it'll have more of an impact.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:00:14 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Do it, bozo.

Part of me wants to bid on the SE, I doubt I will though.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:33:10 PM
GameGavel (5)
(Mike Kennedy) < Meka Chicken >
California
No reserve! And reasonable starting bid based on the one that just sold. Highest bidder wins, no guessing what the reserve might be

So Cal Mike

http://www.GameGavel.com, Auctions For Gamers

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:16:07 PM
SavePointVG (351)
(Wilder Hamm) < El Ripper >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: GameGavel

No reserve! And reasonable starting bid based on the one that just sold. Highest bidder wins, no guessing what the reserve might be

Im very excited to see how this ends for her! Good luck everyone.

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:35:33 PM
DreamStar (17)
(Bryan Sensei) < King Solomon >
United States
The only thing I regret is I didn't find that Stadium Events!

Do unto other's as you have them do unto you: Matthew 7:12

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:34:35 AM
Dreadmoc (18)
(Iron Worker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Colorado
I know I'm jealous. I don't think there is anything wrong with being jealous in this case. I know I'd love to just stumble upon SE, practically mint, in a freaking thrift store for $8. Wow!

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:56:56 AM
Zing (23)
(Daniel Corban) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: N64 Lover

Just looked at all the photos on the Game Gavel Auction. Heaps of photos and not one of the board, not saying it is fake at all, I would however, if bidding, to see some photos of the board to see if there is any damage or to confirm it is real.

Why? Does Game Gavel not have buyer protection? Hell, I'd be using an escrow service if I were wasting spending this amount of money on an NES game.

Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay...

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:00:27 AM
Parpunk (172)
(Mark ) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Originally posted by: Remedylane

You certainly are entitled to you opinion.  Regardless, it is still gonna end up in the hands of a collector.  The people that can afford this game buy it, the people that can't afford it don't buy it.   And sorry, but the true collectors that cannot afford this game would likely sell it as well if they found it for 8 bucks.     Even if they sold it an then bought just an SE cart.    That is the reality no matter whether or not most of you will admit it or not.  
A lot of truth here. Trust me i love Nintendo collectibles just as much, if not more then anyone on this site. Been collecting for a decade, have owned SE before loose, have many high dollar games. But.......

If i found SE CIB i would probably have to sell it. I would of course buy a loose copy with the money, but 17K for the box and manual, c mon, there are very few "financially set" collectors who could sit on that for a long time. Its awesome when a collector finds a loose game for nothing that they want and its worth 2-3 hundred bucks. But a 20K game, thats life changing for many people.

Shop Retro Video Games, Vinyl, Toys, Comics, and more at https://www.backtothemedia.com/ 
Visit our store in Winchester Virginia! http://www.facebook.com/backtothemedia
NES Games beaten in 2013 - http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&am...
Me getting my first Nintendo in 1990 (for real) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjhKPNV2PbM

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:47:42 PM
Globalizedmerchandis (4)

< Eggplant Wizard >
I think she should open the bid at $20,000 if shes reading this

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:53:54 PM
DreamStar (17)
(Bryan Sensei) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Parpunk

Originally posted by: Remedylane

You certainly are entitled to you opinion.  Regardless, it is still gonna end up in the hands of a collector.  The people that can afford this game buy it, the people that can't afford it don't buy it.   And sorry, but the true collectors that cannot afford this game would likely sell it as well if they found it for 8 bucks.     Even if they sold it an then bought just an SE cart.    That is the reality no matter whether or not most of you will admit it or not.  
A lot of truth here. Trust me i love Nintendo collectibles just as much, if not more then anyone on this site. Been collecting for a decade, have owned SE before loose, have many high dollar games. But.......

If i found SE CIB i would probably have to sell it. I would of course buy a loose copy with the money, but 17K for the box and manual, c mon, there are very few "financially set" collectors who could sit on that for a long time. Its awesome when a collector finds a loose game for nothing that they want and its worth 2-3 hundred bucks. But a 20K game, thats life changing for many people.

If anyone found a CIB Stadium Events ,NWC gold/grey or even a "loose" copy of Stadium Events in the wild for pennys on the dollar but couldn't afford not to sell it would be smart to auction it and get the highest price possible!And yes I do believe it will endup in another collecter's collection.

Do unto other's as you have them do unto you: Matthew 7:12

Edited: 04/22/2013 at 02:03 PM by DreamStar

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:03:03 PM
Globalizedmerchandis (4)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Id probably keep it if I found it for awhile I would sell it to complete my box collection then just try to find another one probably hard to tell what I would do u cant say till its in ur possession.

Edited: 04/22/2013 at 02:03 PM by Globalizedmerchandis

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10:48 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

OK I *thought* you were a tool before, now I KNOW you're a tool.     You're SOOOOO cool holding a lighter to that box.

Either 
a) you're pretending, which makes you a tool, or
b) you're going to do it, which makes you a tool.

Either way, you're officially a tool.

Edited: 04/22/2013 at 03:13 PM by Bronty