Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Random Castlevania: Bloodlines Question

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:13:15 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan

Hello all,

Just a quick question here:

I'm playing through Castlevania: Bloodlines for the first time and I noticed something odd regarding the number of continues that are given. For some reason, it seems that after I was playing and used two of the two continues that I had, beat a level, then quit, the next time I used to the password I was given to start up my game, I had no continues left when I used up all of my lives. Is this normal?

After just finishing Castlevania IV recently, this just seemed a little odd to save the amount of continues that you have under your save password.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:14:17 AM
rdrunner (35)
(Tom Votava) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
It's been a long time, but I think that's normal. Unusual for sure though.

I think Ironsword for NES does the same thing, saving not only continues but even lives remaining.

-------------------------

Tom Votava
http://rdrunner0077.blogspot.com/

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:42:23 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Jeeze.

Really frustrating have zero continues the next time I load up my save...

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:26:36 PM
ruudos (1)
(Rad Gravity) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands
The password actually saves your ammount of lives and continues.

I actually appreciate that. Otherwise it would be kind of useless to have limited continues.

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:09:12 AM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: zombi

Jeeze.

Just practice more? Bloodlines is one of the easier Castlevania games out there. You will eventually not need any continues nor a password save function. It only takes 30 - 40 minutes to complete the game straight through.

| gameplay and talk |

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:37:59 AM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Castlevania Bloodlines is hardcore.

There is actually a code to give yourself more lives and continues but I don't remember it off hand.

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:32:42 AM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Austin

Jeeze.

Just practice more? Bloodlines is one of the easier Castlevania games out there. You will eventually not need any continues nor a password save function. It only takes 30 - 40 minutes to complete the game straight through.

Obviously I could spend the time to master a game so that I wouldn't need to save or anything. I guess being a dad, my time is somewhat limited as to when I can play. More often than not, I can play in increments here and there. It would just be nice if it had a system like C IV where you had unlimited continues for the way that I'm forced to play. 

Ah well.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:31:29 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Originally posted by: Austin

Jeeze.

Obviously I could spend the time to master a game so that I wouldn't need to save or anything. I guess being a dad, my time is somewhat limited as to when I can play. More often than not, I can play in increments here and there. It would just be nice if it had a system like C IV where you had unlimited continues for the way that I'm forced to play. 

Ah well.

While I'm against emulating, it might not be a bad idea to consider playing this on emulator so you can use a save state due to your time constraints. It's understandable that you have limited time, so if you're not opposed to the idea, it might be a viable solutions for the time being.

Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:42:26 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Gentlegamer

Castlevania Bloodlines is hardcore.

There is actually a code to give yourself more lives and continues but I don't remember it off hand.

You can just crank those up in the options menu, although I don't even remember what the game over screen looks like in Bloodlines... it's a pretty easy game, especially with Eric Lecarde.

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 06/18/2015 at 09:42 AM by NickTLG

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:11:40 PM
zombi (43)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Emulators are a no-no for me.

Jun 19, 2015 at 5:56:51 AM
Firebrandx (7)
(Wolff Morrow) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: rdrunner

It's been a long time, but I think that's normal. Unusual for sure though.

I think Ironsword for NES does the same thing, saving not only continues but even lives remaining.

Speaking of Ironsword, my dad and I both hated that game and suffured through completing it. So we challenge my brother to man-up and take the game on, and he blasts through the thing in something like 12 minutes from start to finish. My dad and I both felt ripped off we didn't get to enjoy him raging at how frustrating the game is. It's somehow easier if you speed-run it, while it becomes a pain in the ass if you want to just casually play through it.

Edited: 06/19/2015 at 05:57 AM by Firebrandx