Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread. Do you have a problem with Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/etc? Do you wanna vent about it? Heres your thread to do so.

May 4, 2012 at 2:03:30 AM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
HEY HEY status update already. CASE CLOSED!

As of 315pm PST today ebay stuck it to the jerk and didn't even notify them of it up front. I went through paypal as they asked and paypal quickly refunded the $7 to my credit card directly and then ebay opened an automatic case without even asking me to punish the person.

They emailed me after asking if I opened a case. I'm between ignoring it or emailing them back in ebay and telling them about the call, the rule breaking, their recommendation and being surprised how they handled it.

....serves em right. Go ebay.

May 4, 2012 at 8:33:25 AM
Shipsteam (37)
(Mr. Wright) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Hey look at my recent Amazon customer issue. Customer obviously did not read the listing. She received the manual and complained there was no game and the the page was ripped, even though it was stated in the listing.

(Item listing)
Final Fantasy VIII [PlayStation]
Quantity: 1
Merchant SKU: item-28
ASIN: B0000296O5
Listing ID: 0422M5G82WU
Order-Item ID: 33863946685866
Condition: Used - Acceptable
Comments: Manual only. Non-greatest hits. Last page is ripped.

Customer rating 1/5
"They dont let you return things you didnt mean to buy. I wouldnt buy a thing from them I dont believe there honest."

Customer: I recived only the book for the game April 27th (Final Fantasy VIII) I'm very disappointed because I have bought games before from you guys and had no problems at all. I didnt get the game at all. All I got was a book about the game and half of the back was torn off, but thats not what I'm worried about. I would just like to know if you are going to send the game I paid for? Thanks. Please contact me soon.

Me: The listing states that you only get the manual and that the last page is ripped.

Customer: Then I would like my money back! I'll send you your book back. Just give me the information please. Why would someone just buy the book? Does'nt matter just give me my money back and i'll send the book I dont even need back! Thanks

Me: The item I sent you was as described in the listing. I cannot accept a return.

Return Requested

Customer: I dont need the book! It was a mistake order! Why is it not returnable?

Me: The listing clearly stated what you would receive. The item you received is as described. I do not refund mistake orders.

Customer: Thats not right! You should not treat people like that and expect them to like your business. Thanks anyways and God bless you. You will not have to worry about any of my business with you company!

Edited: 05/04/2012 at 08:33 AM by Shipsteam

May 4, 2012 at 10:33:23 PM
YellowGameboyColor (40)
(Paulo G) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
FUCK THE INTERNET

-------------------------

May 5, 2012 at 12:42:09 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
About two years ago I ordered a system. I'm not going to say which system incase the seller is on the site, I doubt it but you can never be to careful. It was system and game only untested as is, but there was a return policy so I went ahead and took the chance. At the time the prices were pretty crazy for this system and the BIN was the best price on the ebay.

When the system came about a week later, I powered it on with a game inside it and a black screen poped on the TV. Then it abruptly shut itself off. I messed around with it and tryed putting other games in it, and eventully it made a popping sound and the system let off a burnt plastic type smell.

I then sent a email to the seller, telling them about what happened with the system. This person had a big ebay store at the time and I'm sure they got on the site a few times a day, but I had to wait a few days to hear anything back from them. When I finally did get a message the seller said "Did you try testing it with other games?" I already told them about the system making the poping sound, and how I tested the system with a few different games. But I told them again about everything, and how I wanted my money back. I then got a response that went something like this "You bought a as is untested system. What did you expect? You arn't making it clear what you want me to do about this" It takes a lot to get me mad, and the person beating around the bush like saying I'm being unclear when I already told them everything, really pissed me off. I responded with this "You have a return policy. I wouldn't have bought it if was broken. Please give me a refund" The seller responded by bragging about getting the system at a yard sell for cheap. This was a long time ago so I'm not 100% but I think this is what the person said "I don't have time to test everything. I bought it at a yard sell, what do you expect when it's at a yard sell for a ridiculously cheap price?"

I then said if you don't give me a refund since you have a return policy I'm going to open a case with ebay. Because that last email made me realize the person was trying to run out the clock so I couldn't ever get my money back. Typing that finally made the person tell me to mail it back to them. I mailed it back and got the refund about three weeks later. Me and the seller are both from the U.S so it shouldn't have taken that long, I'm sure they were going slow refunding the money on purpose. The last I heard from them was the note they typed on Paypal when they transfered the money it said "HERE YOU GO"

Has anyone else ever dealt with a jerk like that on ebay?

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

May 10, 2012 at 11:55:34 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Well if itwas an as is auction that mean u have to hold some of the blame. I wouldnt buy an untested as is system. He can have a return policy for his store but its not unreasonable to have an asis item not qualify

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 16, 2012 at 2:37:28 PM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
I have a story about EB Games (I think they were bought by Gamestop right?)

This was almost 10 years ago when The Wind Waker was still relatively new. I was looking everywhere for the limited edition, and I finally found a copy at Gamestop. I instantly bought it and I was very happy.

When I came home and opened it, I noticed that the manual was missing. The next day I went to the store and they found the manual for me. I thought that everything was great now but to my dismay when I arrived home I noticed that in the "Notes" section of the manual, somebody had been writing the songs that you learn in the games.

At that point it was pretty clear to me that I had just bought a pre-owned game for the price of a brand new game! The game was even on the shelf for brand new games, it was nowhere near the "pre-owned shelves" when I picked it up, making me even more mad because they had led me on to believe this was actually a new game.

So I went back to the store again, and this time demanded a refund. I got my refund and luckily I managed to find another store (a Scandinavian store chain called Elgiganten) which had the limited edition with the official seal.
Ever since that incident, I've always preferred to buy my games with the original seal if I can.

My WTB thread
Buying Zelda CIB NES/SNES/N64 games in mint conditions! (Both NTSC and PAL)

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

May 18, 2012 at 6:57:06 PM
Indigo_Streetlight (48)
(John Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Shipsteam

Hey look at my recent Amazon customer issue. Customer obviously did not read the listing. She received the manual and complained there was no game and the the page was ripped, even though it was stated in the listing.

(Item listing)
Final Fantasy VIII [PlayStation]
Quantity: 1
Merchant SKU: item-28
ASIN: B0000296O5
Listing ID: 0422M5G82WU
Order-Item ID: 33863946685866
Condition: Used - Acceptable
Comments: Manual only. Non-greatest hits. Last page is ripped.

Customer rating 1/5
"They dont let you return things you didnt mean to buy. I wouldnt buy a thing from them I dont believe there honest."

Customer: I recived only the book for the game April 27th (Final Fantasy VIII) I'm very disappointed because I have bought games before from you guys and had no problems at all. I didnt get the game at all. All I got was a book about the game and half of the back was torn off, but thats not what I'm worried about. I would just like to know if you are going to send the game I paid for? Thanks. Please contact me soon.

Me: The listing states that you only get the manual and that the last page is ripped.

Customer: Then I would like my money back! I'll send you your book back. Just give me the information please. Why would someone just buy the book? Does'nt matter just give me my money back and i'll send the book I dont even need back! Thanks

Me: The item I sent you was as described in the listing. I cannot accept a return.

Return Requested

Customer: I dont need the book! It was a mistake order! Why is it not returnable?

Me: The listing clearly stated what you would receive. The item you received is as described. I do not refund mistake orders.

Customer: Thats not right! You should not treat people like that and expect them to like your business. Thanks anyways and God bless you. You will not have to worry about any of my business with you company!

That's your fault there actually; look at the condition criteria in the video game catagory:

• Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Unacceptable: Video games that are not playable or are incomplete, including shareware and freeware versions, are unacceptable, as are games not published by the original manufacturer, including recopied media in any form. Promotional media is prohibited for sale through Amazon Marketplace as well. Additionally, video games in which essential accompanying material is missing (this does not necessarily include the box or instructions) are not permitted.
In other words you aren't supposed to sell parts and pieces that don't include a playable game. Sure you can try, but you set yourself up for a "your condition doesn't match Amazon's condition guidelines" and a subsequent visit to claimtown.

That night the Captain’s granddaughter
Would celebrate her birthday
“I’ve come a long way,” said the Captain,
“From Lost Christabel this night.
Accompanied by my dog familiar,
To blast your rafters with my surprise.
Granddaughter, It’s a foreign mirror
Taken from the jungle by crime!”

~ Blue Oyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

May 19, 2012 at 9:37:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
not a fan of the new search bar on ebay. If you are browsing through someones items you have to go back to the main ebay screen to search through all of ebay again instead of just going ahead and typing in the little box at the top.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/19/2012 at 09:37 PM by quest4nes

May 20, 2012 at 1:01:01 PM
MyNameIsEarl (76)
(Earl ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: quest4nes

not a fan of the new search bar on ebay. If you are browsing through someones items you have to go back to the main ebay screen to search through all of ebay again instead of just going ahead and typing in the little box at the top.
The new search bar really does suck. I wish ebay would stop making these useless changes. The site was fine the way it was.

Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, bad things happen.

May 21, 2012 at 1:26:16 AM
Miss Playstation (2)
(Sheena Blackwell) < Little Mac >
North Carolina
I had top rated seller on Ebay and then around Xmas people raped my feedback/star rating bc they didnt get their item in time. Even though it states my items are handmade and made to order and take 7-10 days BEFORE I ship them. Yeah, there were a lot of people ordering like 2-3 days before Xmas wanting it in time even international buyers. Oh joy, the international buyers were going crazy and blaming me for not getting their items after 2 days of ordering, wtf.

One of the worst parts was that I was getting bad feedback for my Minecraft magnets that I make. People were pissed bc they weren't in official commercial packaging EVEN though I was making them BEFORE they had official magnets for sale. They complained saying it was used and new bc it wasnt in this so called packaging it's so suppose to come in, which mine dont since I make them. I also got yelled at by customers who said my packages weren't fit for gifting, as in they should have been wrapped for them, wtf again?

My "favorite" negative is from a guy who ordered my pokeball nipple rings that I make. He said the protective coating fell off when he cleaned it. I said, no that is impossible. He ended up admitting he has an OCD disorder that makes him peel things, so he peeled it off. Then he threatened me saying if I didnt refund his money bc he was soo mad at me, that he would leave a negative. So I refund the asshole and he leaves a negative. Ebay's response=My fault >_>

Oh, you know where this has got me now? I have all my funds for Ebay held for 3 days AFTER they receive their package. Yeah, fucking Ebay has like $2000-$3000 my money constantly held right now, soooo annoying, not to mention I no longer have top rated seller perks.

May 21, 2012 at 2:08:32 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I have a big problem with damn underhanded sellers on ebay who cave in to people begging them to end the auction early and sell it to them directly. I think in the last 3-4 weeks I've had close to a dozen auctions that were ended early in that fashion. Are there any ebay sellers out there anymore with even a shred of integrity? Almost wish ebay would make it so that once you listed it you couldn't end it early,but I know legit things happen,so not a good idea. This garbage still pisses me off though.

May 21, 2012 at 3:35:43 AM
Miss Playstation (2)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: gutsman004

I have a big problem with damn underhanded sellers on ebay who cave in to people begging them to end the auction early and sell it to them directly. I think in the last 3-4 weeks I've had close to a dozen auctions that were ended early in that fashion. Are there any ebay sellers out there anymore with even a shred of integrity? Almost wish ebay would make it so that once you listed it you couldn't end it early,but I know legit things happen,so not a good idea. This garbage still pisses me off though.

I think the worst thing that I won was Portal 2 cube edition for the PS3 for $45 in an auction and the guy messaged me and said sorry i dont ship to the US even though it said he did. I begged the guy and he refused to do it, I was VERY pissed...the real reason is probably because it went for under $200. >_<

Does anyone else get those sellers that you tell " Please ship in a box so it's not damaged" You get it and it's in a bag all torn up. I also hate when I ask if the seal is damaged in any form and they say no.Then I get the  game and it's torn to shreds, they tell me  they cant do refunds.. Pshhh yeah, when it's the sellers fault and they wont help, it's time for a case. Also, the people that reseal games. Yeah, I'm fucking some shit up, if you did it on purpose LOL. I dont mess around with that kind of underhanded crap.

Edited: 05/21/2012 at 03:35 AM by Miss Playstation

May 21, 2012 at 5:49:23 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
This isn't a rant necessarily, but it seems like there's never a good CraigsList deal in central Illinois...

May 22, 2012 at 6:29:27 AM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: SquirrelRaper

I think the worst thing that I won was Portal 2 cube edition for the PS3 for $45 in an auction and the guy messaged me and said sorry i dont ship to the US even though it said he did. I begged the guy and he refused to do it, I was VERY pissed...the real reason is probably because it went for under $200. >_<

Does anyone else get those sellers that you tell " Please ship in a box so it's not damaged" You get it and it's in a bag all torn up. I also hate when I ask if the seal is damaged in any form and they say no.Then I get the  game and it's torn to shreds, they tell me  they cant do refunds.. Pshhh yeah, when it's the sellers fault and they wont help, it's time for a case. Also, the people that reseal games. Yeah, I'm fucking some shit up, if you did it on purpose LOL. I dont mess around with that kind of underhanded crap.

A lot of the times when I buy sealed games I ask them if they can provide some pictures of the game (granted there aren't any pictures of the game on the item page) just to be sure that the seal is as they say. I've found this helps filtering out the scammers and liars and also those trying to sell a player's choice edition while advertising it as a 1st print...
This is especially helpful on amazon where they rarely provide actual pictures of the game unless you ask them to...

My WTB thread

Also looking for Phantom Hourglass NFR Demo (PAL) and Twilight Princess NFR Demo (PAL)

Edited: 05/22/2012 at 06:30 AM by N64 Gamer

May 22, 2012 at 2:49:48 PM
Starwander (144)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(William Hoskinson) < Meka Chicken >
Colorado
Originally posted by: MyNameIsEarl

Has anyone else ever dealt with a jerk like that on ebay?

Yea they are everywhere. I purchased some Legos from Bricklink a few months back and even sent a message to the seller saying I would pay extra for shipping to have the items packaged safely. Of course they arrived in a used box and the sets were damaged during shipping. I was really nice though and offered to buy a replacement set from then instead of just a refund because I could still use the pieces. All I wanted was a discount on replacment set.

Well they refused to even reply until I filed a non responsive seller form and then only once so they don't get a strike against their account. I filed a Pay-Pal claim and got my money back. I packaged the items up super well with bubble wrap and all and they still gave me a negative feedback for my troubles.

Always buying copies of Crystal Mine. Carts, manuals, boxes, CIB and sealed I want them all.

May 22, 2012 at 3:03:11 PM
TokinAlot (36)
(Mr Bako) < Lolo Lord >
Maine
Originally posted by: Nightowljrm

This isn't a rant necessarily, but it seems like there's never a good CraigsList deal in central Illinois...

Try living in Maine our population is only 1.5 million give or take(pretty sure there is more people than that in just Chicago) and if there is anything on Craigslist you aren't getting it without driving 3 hours which most of the time makes it not worth picking up.

PM me if you have gem mint NES cib's or Club Nintendo codes

Edited: 05/22/2012 at 03:04 PM by TokinAlot

May 22, 2012 at 5:40:46 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Have had 3 non-paying buyers in the last 10 days or so, and I really don't sell a ton on eBay (I don't break the 30 items a month at least). Either pay for your stuff or don't click BIN, yeesh! Guess I will have to switch over to requiring immediate payment.

May 22, 2012 at 5:48:06 PM
GhaleonsDeadMyFriend (137)
(Ghaleon's Dead My Friend) < El Ripper >
United States
^^^ nothing bad about that at all, not sure why anyone would set up an auction otherwise

May 22, 2012 at 5:59:44 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Just edited all of my auctions to requiring immediate payment, guess I am somewhat to blame for not initially doing that. Hadn't really had any problems until this string of non-payments recently.

Edited: 05/22/2012 at 06:00 PM by zeldaboy

May 22, 2012 at 7:35:59 PM
TiKi (16)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
Florida

It's a free market and it's their own private property. Deal with it.

May 24, 2012 at 6:22:36 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
*RANT* So I saw what I thought was a minty black box Cib on eBay last week. I emailed the guy as it was a BIN and asked if he would ship it in a box if I bought it. He said he would for $3 extra + $4 stated shipping. So whatever $7 total fine. Paid it. Well the package arrives today and the shipping box is smashed to hell with liquid stains all over it. Worst part is it had mold growing all over the bottom and side of it (thick hairy white stuff). Now I'm thinking ugh this got wet and my game might be ruined. Turns out that mold had already been there as the inside was bone dry. So my question is who uses a box like this and actually just tapes over MOLD?!?! I mean WTF?! Worst part is the box isn't mint, there's no book, and the cart has so much DIRT (yeah like in your yard dirt) on it that it looks like someone planted it to see if a NES tree would grow? *END RANT* That feels better...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 24, 2012 at 8:55:17 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

*RANT* So I saw what I thought was a minty black box Cib on eBay last week. I emailed the guy as it was a BIN and asked if he would ship it in a box if I bought it. He said he would for $3 extra + $4 stated shipping. So whatever $7 total fine. Paid it. Well the package arrives today and the shipping box is smashed to hell with liquid stains all over it. Worst part is it had mold growing all over the bottom and side of it (thick hairy white stuff). Now I'm thinking ugh this got wet and my game might be ruined. Turns out that mold had already been there as the inside was bone dry. So my question is who uses a box like this and actually just tapes over MOLD?!?! I mean WTF?! Worst part is the box isn't mint, there's no book, and the cart has so much DIRT (yeah like in your yard dirt) on it that it looks like someone planted it to see if a NES tree would grow? *END RANT* That feels better...
Was it from ZOMG!/Manifesto?   The one time I bought games from him I felt the need to shower immediately from the filth on them.

May 25, 2012 at 7:11:53 AM
N64 Gamer (17)
< El Ripper >
Other
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

I hope you left a big fat negative feedback for him.

My WTB thread

May 25, 2012 at 11:25:48 AM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: zeldaboy

Have had 3 non-paying buyers in the last 10 days or so, and I really don't sell a ton on eBay (I don't break the 30 items a month at least). Either pay for your stuff or don't click BIN, yeesh! Guess I will have to switch over to requiring immediate payment.

I had something similar happen. Someone sent me an offer and I accepted. I just got through countering a few others and this one was decent enough. The guy never paid. I had to wait about a week before I could sell it again. Finally put a BIN again (no MO this time) for slightly higher than his offer and it sold immediately. 

May 27, 2012 at 3:58:50 AM
Miss Playstation (2)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: N64 Gamer

Originally posted by: SquirrelRaper

A lot of the times when I buy sealed games I ask them if they can provide some pictures of the game (granted there aren't any pictures of the game on the item page) just to be sure that the seal is as they say. I've found this helps filtering out the scammers and liars and also those trying to sell a player's choice edition while advertising it as a 1st print...
This is especially helpful on amazon where they rarely provide actual pictures of the game unless you ask them to...
Usually the seal just gets damaged in the mail most of time.  Most of time I can assume it's an original seal since I hardly buy anything but PS3 games...I mean why the hell are they wasting their time resealing new gen games... so silly.