Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

For those of you that sell on eBay often

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:11:14 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Do games sell better if they have a sleeve with them, or would you make more money selling the games alone and then a big load of sleeves?

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:05:51 PM
Baseman (2)
(Brian ) < Crack Trooper >
Louisiana
Personally, Ive never seen a lot of sleeves go for very much.

-------------------------
NES Tecmo Super Bowl Indianapolis Colts Undefeated Season....try it!

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:06:34 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Personally I think it's classier to sell games with sleeves, especially CIB games with sleeve and styrfoam inserts. I think there is more respect for the seller when they have them in there. Especially when larger sellers do, I can understand the guy selling one or two games or something not having them no biggie.

What I really hate is when I see someone selling a bunch of games as a lot or as onsies and then I check their other items and they are selling the matching books seperately and then a lot of dust sleeves, and then a lot of styro's. I've heard of buying bulk and then selling in smaller lots but that is stretching it and to me always just makes the seller look cheap, which makes me wonder about them trust wise.

Just my 2 pennies worth or 3 pennies if your from O Canada worth!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:09:32 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Loose carts I sell without sleeves usually.
Carts + Manuals I always be sure to include a sleeve.
CIB I always include a sleeve and styrofoam.

That's what I do.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:13:00 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I follow Nick's rule of thumb also. Has always worked for me.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:49:40 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I don't sell on eBay at all really, but if I sell/trade a game, I usually don't include sleeves or styros, as I don't usually have enough for my own collection, never mind the dupes. The exception is if the game is mint, or in the case of a couple former sealed games that are in my trade box, 100% complete. That said, if I had enough to spare for my own games, I would include them in with my doubles just for the sake of making the other party happy. I seem to have a surplus of Nintendo-brand sleeves at the moment though, if anyone needs any...I'll trade them straight up for plain black sleeves, provided there's something else in the deal to make it worth the shipping costs

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:49:19 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Sounds like a good way to do it. I think I'll be doing that on my next lot of games I list. The only thing on there that I didn't do was include sleeves with the cart+manual auctions.

May 1, 2007 at 3:53:54 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Depends on the item there are a lot of good selling nes games that go well complete but there are a few hundred games that just dont sell for much even complete so those I sell everything seperate....Im into the 64 stuff at the moment. it seems the box, manual and inserts dont mean squat to 95 percent of the people buying 64 games. So ive just been selling the carts loose than the manuals and boxes seperate...The hardest thing to find in n64 is the trays they seem to be few in supply

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.