Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Post Your Collection Pics 2.0 the bragging continues...

Feb 27 at 11:51:38 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

My basement flooded this weekend; luckily, there were no casualties. I'm experimenting with a fixture I bought from Sears for $15. I like that I can easily move the games. What do you think? I will put the rest of my games on there if I like it. I have a matching piece with shelves for my consoles.

Edit: Dumb, noob question - Why is my pic sideways? I tried to flip it in my phone, but it was to no avail.
because of the pictures orientation. When you have a vertical oriented picture when uploading, click the rotate 90° option. Just some glitch or somethin.

-------------------------
Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Feb 27 at 11:51:47 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

Looks great man! Those shelves custom or are they old rental shelves?

Thanks.  The white shelves are former rental shelves.  I want to make some matching shelves down the road, but for now the other smaller shelves on the left will do.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Edited: 02/27/2019 at 02:06 PM by TDIRunner

Feb 27 at 11:53:41 AM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Gloves

That one shelf is very colorful lol.

The Sega shelf?  Yeah, those cases are pretty colorful.  As long as I'm making custom cases, I like to use a uniform spine and format.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Mar 03 at 7:54:05 AM
yojc (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Just a notice that this post will not contain anything noteworthy, especially compared to some of the really awesome collections you have been posting in this thread before.   Retro gaming has been a part of my life since ever. My Family had a famiclone since I can remember, it was pretty much the first console I've played. However, years have passed, the games were all given away at some point, and also the famiclone itself broke. Probably my last time playing old games on real hardware was in the very early 2000s. The famiclone was my only console growing up - no SNES, no N64, etc. Nintendo wasn't even selling those over here. Believe it or not, I've never even seen a Game Boy until I've bought one myself recently...

However, in the past time I've become more financially stable, and about half a year ago I've decided to start a retro collection of my own, pretty much from scratch... I still have the said famiclone and I've even got it repaired, but it's not ideal for gaming. Thankfully at least I've got the old TV I've used back in the day, it definitely makes playing games more nostalgic.

So, this is my setup for now:

I wanted to keep it simple. I'm looking for a more suitable TV cabinet, but this one does the job for now... and it looks properly retro. And awful. It just fits the whole aesthetics.   The consoles are as follows:
  • AV Famicom + Everdrive N8
  • NES (PAL)
  • Super Famicom + Super Game Boy 2 + SD2SNES
  • Sega Mega Drive (NTSC-J) + Mega Everdrive X7
  • Sony PS2 (NTSC-U)
Also, standing near the TV:

• N64 (NTSC-J) - no Everdrive yet, but I'll get one eventually
  • Game Boy Light + Everdrive-GB X7
Also, just for the lulz, an old VCR and a DVD player. Just for the show, neither of those is working properly, though I'd want to get the VCR operational someday hopefully. It's also the one I had and used growing up, so it adds to the nostalgia. I also have quite a lot of the VHS tapes from back in the day laying around.

When I've started this collection (my first purchase was the AV Famicom, back in July 2018 I believe), I've decided that it was most sensible to think of myself as a gamer first, collector second. That's why I've got flashcarts for (nearly) all of my systems, and the game collection itself is a bit lacklustre to say the least. About half of the games I own were bought together with the consoles themselves and I don't care much about most of those.

Collecting retro games is definitely an expensive hobby (especially when living in a place you can't really get anything you want locally), and going for the Everdrive route was a much cheaper option, even though not as authentic. I do plan to expand the game collection, but I'm in no rush to do so at the moment, I'll probably get some of the games I'm most nostalgic for, and that's it. I just want to relieve some of my childhood and I think it's what matters the most, right? Although I've gotta say, the whole experience is a bit... bitter-sweet. I'm glad that I've finally got all of the retro stuff, but I really wish I had a few years earlier... but I was in no position to do so at that moment. Eh, it is what it is.

There are also a few accessories to go along with the consoles...

And yes, that is an R-Zone. Possibly the best thing in the entire collection. j/k  

Edited: 03/03/2019 at 12:04 PM by yojc

Mar 03 at 8:08:35 AM
Shookie (8)
(Shooks ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Norway
Been a good while since I posted on NA, so I thought I'd post again now, and I thought I'd display what's left of my small Street Fighter-collection that I've been collecting non-actively since the 90's. Do note that it hasn't been easy collecting SF when one lives beyond the wall aka north of Norway. SF was never a game that got too much hype up here. Only a hand full exclusive releases (guides, posters and such alike). Cannot even be compared to countries such as USA, GER and UK. Anyways, as you can see, I am missing a LOAD of merchandises, figures and especially game releases. And it's getting worse since I am still selling pretty much everything I have. So yeah, here's a couple of pics of what I still have left of it:

A classic old-school retro vintage gamer..

Collecting PAL CIB NES and SNES-games that got a connection to me from the good ol' days!

Edited: 03/03/2019 at 08:30 AM by Shookie

Mar 08 at 11:33:14 PM
Stooperzero (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

this weeks haul.

My motha's on crack 

Edited: 03/08/2019 at 11:39 PM by Stooperzero

Mar 08 at 11:38:59 PM
Stooperzero (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
meh technical difficulties...

this weeks haul.

My motha's on crack 

Mar 09 at 3:55:12 PM
Ray Bot (82)
(Ray Bot) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
havent posted in a very long time. April will make 5 years since i moved into this house, and in that timespan ive gotten 3 out of my 4 bookcases built in my living room. this coming week i will be building the 4th one. to motivate myself, im posting a panoramic photo of the room from last year when me and my homie were watching the Pelicans in the NBA playoffs.

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis, when i was dead broke man i couldn't picture this.

Edited: 03/09/2019 at 03:58 PM by Ray Bot

Mar 09 at 9:38:15 PM
Brink (1)
< Little Mac >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Ray Bot

havent posted in a very long time. April will make 5 years since i moved into this house, and in that timespan ive gotten 3 out of my 4 bookcases built in my living room. this coming week i will be building the 4th one. to motivate myself, im posting a panoramic photo of the room from last year when me and my homie were watching the Pelicans in the NBA playoffs.

This makes me happy.  Looks like this is in your main living area so you cannot help but viewing the amazingness in your periphery while watching old reruns of Forensic Files or while trying to ignor your homie.

Mar 10 at 1:39:45 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Brink

This makes me happy.  Looks like this is in your main living area so you cannot help but viewing the amazingness in your periphery while watching old reruns of Forensic Files or while trying to ignor your homie.

Man I love that show

SW-6786-5095-2210

Mar 12 at 5:53:51 PM
Hessu (0)

(Hessu ) < Little Mac >
Finland
My little collection in a little room   Just finished this project yesterday. Video is in finnish, but you can see what I have. There is little over 1000 games. Everything is mostly PAL-stuff. Some USA-NES games and consoles. 1st model Genesis, RGB-modded AV-Famicom and SNES mini and JPN N64. Rest of the consoles are PAL. Here's the video:

Enjoy!

Mar 12 at 6:28:50 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Wow, compact!

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Mar 12 at 9:09:04 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
NES Homebrews/HacksMy turn, so after 15 years of waiting in bins and a few months into my first house my Billys are now all installed and loaded with my collection. A few pics for you guys to enjoy! Gotta say i am pretty happy to finally display my collection.

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Edited: 03/12/2019 at 09:22 PM by LifeGame

Mar 12 at 9:26:49 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Ill take this post as well  

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

Edited: 03/12/2019 at 09:35 PM by LifeGame

Mar 12 at 9:42:51 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
It's gorgeous.

Try grouping them by publisher, they present much nicer that way.

At the very least group up Blackboxes, Konami, Capcom, Ultra, and LJN.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Mar 12 at 9:44:37 PM
johnnyboy113 (352)
(John ) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: LifeGame

Ill take this post as well  

Nice stuff dude! Now that's some black box love right there ;-)

Pizza will be delivered to all in May! ;-)

Mar 12 at 10:12:33 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

It's gorgeous.

Try grouping them by publisher, they present much nicer that way.

At the very least group up Blackboxes, Konami, Capcom, Ultra, and LJN.

Thanks, haha sorry but alphabetical is the only way for me  

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

Mar 24 at 9:17:33 AM
Stooperzero (6)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
closing in on 600 ............

My motha's on crack 

Edited: 03/24/2019 at 09:20 AM by Stooperzero

Mar 25 at 9:39:23 AM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota

good to see you pop in once and a while ray

May the force be with you.

Mar 26 at 6:40:56 AM
SnowGaming (0)

(Snow King) < Little Mac >
New South Wales
Been a while since i posted but have been reading quietly for quite a while, but just finished building my gameboy cabinet to house my DMG set and Color Set, now deciding which sets i will target next   

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1...

Edited: 03/26/2019 at 06:54 AM by SnowGaming

Apr 15 at 7:18:31 PM
Retro-Rob (3)
< Tourian Tourist >
Nevada
Here is my Collection shelves, I have a new glass case that im putting all my boxed and random fun stuff into, once that's complete I will post that here as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kjz4WxK...

Click for my WTB List

Apr 16 at 9:29:46 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Retro-Rob

Here is my Collection shelves, I have a new glass case that im putting all my boxed and random fun stuff into, once that's complete I will post that here as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kjz4WxKNsb2kKq458

Nice stuff there dude, only the good stuff. Dont forget to pick up mario party 5  

KDDK Player  

Apr 18 at 7:44:04 PM
8bithustler (51)
(Brandon Rose) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Ok,

So this one goes out to Mr. Saturn since im guessing he is as big of a Earthbound fan as I.

Book and guide used by Nintando employees and testers straight from the Nintendo headquarters themselves. I also took pictures with the other Earthbound items to get the Earthbound owner icon.

Note the sticker on the book itself even says Nintendo Game Guide #0004. This has to be the most valuable item i now own, and will never part with.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result - Albert Einstein

Apr 20 at 12:17:06 AM
Lambda (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
A Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Showin' some Mega Man love with my new X2/X3 combo cart. 

I know I’m about 4 years late to this post, but that megaman setup is bada$$ man! Some of my favorite games as a kid. Thanks for sharing!!

whoami:iamroot

Apr 25 at 8:10:06 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Set up some Billy bookcases in the living room this week! Finally able to display the movie collection. The upper section with the games and stuff isn't finished. Ran out of individual shelves so i need to hit ikea to get some more. That will be filled up with the girlfrieds games and more decorative pictures and things. Should look nice when its finished, just wanted to share cuz its nice to see the movies again. Took quite a while to get them organized. Also got some new chairs and coffee table for the game room.

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."