1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: MrNESGuy

Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Heh. Pretty fun eBay postings.

Super Brite RARE
Pokemon with no label RARE
Perfect Dark RARE (well... Ok. Technically correct..)

What, no blue Chip holy grails?

Seriously though, cool signs, glws.

Seriously, I don't like to come into a thread to smash the OP, but the fact that you put "RARE" on literally every single one of your 100+ listings is quite maddening to me.  You make eBay worthless to shop with that keyword because sellers like you use it for everything in the hopes of getting extra eyeballs.  Unfortunately, the overuse means people like me just stop using it as a search term.  To paraphrase Syndrome from The Incredibles "If everything is rare, then nothing is."

I am one of the people that "break the rules" and put rare in all my titles.  If somehow, magically, I was the only one putting "rare" in titles that didn't call for it, I would defiantly stop.  Yet, if it gets more hits on my auctions, resulting in more sales, I'm all for it.  I also fill up the entire title so I can have as many key words as possible, and I would say rare is a pretty big one.

Sorry to be part of the problem for you guys, but it's not going to stop just because people whine about it.

-------------------------
Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:47:03 AM
GreenKoopa (0)
< Crack Trooper >
Victoria
My only comment is that I hope that the map location isn't centred around your house. You don't want a gang of homies dressed as the koopalings kicking down doors looking for your treasure hoard

Also, your advertisement has been flagged for removal by someone.

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:06:28 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: MrNESGuy

You make eBay worthless to shop with that keyword because sellers like you use it for everything in the hopes of getting extra eyeballs.

What year is it?  

eBay has been worthless to shop with the keyword "rare" for at least 15 years.

Quite possibly worthless to shop with that keyward since the inception of eBay, entirely.  

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:11:49 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I thought the same thing, who uses the word "rare" to search on eBay? Lol

Edited: 08/16/2018 at 09:12 AM by MrWunderful

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:28:01 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

No one, that's what makes it's use in titles pointless and annoying.

Aug 16, 2018 at 10:12:56 AM
GCrites80s (0)
(G Crites) < El Ripper >
Ohio
An old roommate of mine used to do that. I called him out for it, too. "Dude, why would you add 'rare' to your search? Look how many SMB/DHs you are getting!" He still had a better collection than me though... well, partially fueled by working at my first store.

Aug 16, 2018 at 2:33:29 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York

Yeah, I wanted to say I gave this guy a bit of a shit last year.  Its really dumb, and no one is gonna take you seriously.  BUT, hopefully we wont have to see it for very long.  

Peace.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:44:02 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: guitarzombie

Yeah, I wanted to say I gave this guy a bit of a shit last year.  Its really dumb, and no one is gonna take you seriously.  BUT, hopefully we wont have to see it for very long.  

Peace.

I think Corey was more getting at people that actually type in "rare" to search for stuff.  
I understand that I am the source of the problem if people truly don't type in "rare" that much to the ebay search, though I bet there are still some people who just type in "rare video game" and see what pops up... I also do understand that my method taints these searches.  Again, though... I'm not the only one so it's not like the issue is going away.

Guitar, you must keep a little bit-... black book of all the people you're crappy to.  You're easily one of the most negative keyboard warriors here.
As for you not having to see my "rare" for very long... don't count on it.  I am, at the moment, a collector and reseller, but once my collection is gone I'm going to be primarily a reseller (as I don't plan on stopping just because my collection is gone).  If anything, that means you'll have to see more "rare" listings as I won't be keeping anything.  Plus, I don't think you can say nobody takes my listing seriously, because they do in fact sell.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Edited: 08/16/2018 at 04:48 PM by 1337bcc1991

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:55:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

Again, though... I'm not the only one so it's not like the issue is going away.

That's a really crappy justification to do something.  I could elaborate, but I don't think anything more really needs to be said.

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:03:06 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: B.A.

That's a really crappy justification to do something.  I could elaborate, but I don't think anything more really needs to be said.

I understand, but I am a realist.  For real, if I was the only one/one of few to put it in the title when it does not call for it, I would stop as to keep the pool clean.  Yet, the ebay search pool has been, and will continue to be, pooped in... so if I'm swimming/selling with the others, I may as well get dirty.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:03:08 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

In the long list of possible transgressions against your fellow man, abusing the term "rare" on eBay ranks somewhere below loading a toilet paper roll backwards, so I don't think his justification matters all that much in this case  

Aug 16, 2018 at 5:37:57 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Peace.

I think Corey was more getting at people that actually type in "rare" to search for stuff.  
I understand that I am the source of the problem if people truly don't type in "rare" that much to the ebay search, though I bet there are still some people who just type in "rare video game" and see what pops up... I also do understand that my method taints these searches.  Again, though... I'm not the only one so it's not like the issue is going away.

Guitar, you must keep a little bit-... black book of all the people you're crappy to.  You're easily one of the most negative keyboard warriors here.
As for you not having to see my "rare" for very long... don't count on it.  I am, at the moment, a collector and reseller, but once my collection is gone I'm going to be primarily a reseller (as I don't plan on stopping just because my collection is gone).  If anything, that means you'll have to see more "rare" listings as I won't be keeping anything.  Plus, I don't think you can say nobody takes my listing seriously, because they do in fact sell.

You were correct. I think searching for the term “rare” is far more ridiculous than listing with the word. 

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:18:55 PM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York

Peace.

My black book is about one page with about 3 names on it.  People buy your stuff because its something they want with the price they want to pay, not cuz it says rare on it.  I just find it dumb and disingenuous, as do other people on here.

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:33:09 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
As long as you don't use "LQQK" in your title.

I flat out refuse to buy from those people.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:38:11 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
Minnesota
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Don't worry, he uses L@@K

Edited: 08/16/2018 at 06:38 PM by B.A.

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:41:13 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan

Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Don't worry, he uses L@@K

... not often, but yeah when I don't fill up the title bar with the max characters, yes I put the ridiculous stuff such as "L@@K, WOW, FUN, etc."

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:05:40 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
With my luck, the 2600 Skiing variant I needed would probably have "LQQK RAREZ GRAIL" in the title.

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:08:10 PM
TroubleWithTribbles (0)

< Cherub >
If you're going to be parting this out, are you going to update your for sale thread on here?

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:57:53 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
bump with big update, beginning to part everything out

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Sep 17, 2018 at 1:54:06 AM
YOURTURN (0)
(Philip N.) < Little Mac >
California
LQQK... I can only wonder if we would have had any fun discussions if I joined sooner. Like last year when I was trying to justify not borrowing an additional $20 to get the label I wanted on my then owned VGA graded copy of Dragon Quest XI (3DS). Because L@@King back I am wondering you are the person who got that uncirculated copy of Friday the 13th from your friend. Even not, stuff like that gives me hope with the means of rebuilding my VGA related goals.  

Either way... Good luck on selling the rest of the stuff. And always remember that happiness is a journey, not a destination.  

Edited: 09/17/2018 at 01:54 AM by YOURTURN

Sep 17, 2018 at 10:25:21 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Glws if you happen to start delivering on the east coast again let me know 

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:14:51 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
Michigan
Originally posted by: romiked2689

Glws if you happen to start delivering on the east coast again let me know 

PM me with what you'd be interested in haha... not delivering the cases/kiosks, but everything else is fair game I think.  I wouldn't mind a trip to VA so that would give me a reason to go to the ocean, and I could stop thru on the way there.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Edited: 09/17/2018 at 12:15 PM by 1337bcc1991

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:12:57 PM
acidjaguar (668)
(Lloyd Christmas) < Bowser >
Montana
Everything moved to his selling thread here for reference:

Locking this one up....

For sale thread located here: click
Wanted to buy: click

Top wants currently: 
Old NES / SNES era newsletters and mailings
Original GB Chinese games (CHN coding on label)