Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Yellow cart Mario/duck hunt Picked it up in a lot of games purchased.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:40:05 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
i wouldnt have given the original seller jack shit! if you sell something, find out it was a terrible sale, and then change your mind and want to reverse the deal, too bad. thats why you research BEFORE you sell something.

-------------------------

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:46:58 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: themaxvoltage

How are all these people related to the original sale all of a sudden registering and posting? How is this thread, on this board, about an obscure 1 off NES cart on a Craigslist ad bringing in not only the OG seller, but his wife, and now a another interested party?

Does anyone else find this amusing/odd?
When this story broke originally, if you googled "yellow mario duck nintendo", this thread was in the top 3 results.  Like Last Sunday.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:55:09 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: srh201

i wouldnt have given the original seller jack shit! if you sell something, find out it was a terrible sale, and then change your mind and want to reverse the deal, too bad. thats why you research BEFORE you sell something.

Bingo!

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:57:18 PM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana

The man, THE man more famously known for causing the everlasting degrading, omnipotent, savory Joel thread comes back for redemption. I love you.

Anyways, with this thread:
In before lock* Surprised it isn't already

The OP got screwed by the original seller. He should have held onto the game and told them to suck a dick, but instead was a true gentlemen and a good man. It's unfortunate how this happens to the best of us, but "karma" will catch them, and they will eventually be burned, or their house will be. 

Stay Classy NintendoAge

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:06:02 AM
srh201 (114)
United States
haha i got some PMs saying that i had been quoted in a thread... not sure when that started but it is pretty cool. is the joel thread still going strong? all i remember is posting a picture of me in a bikini bottom (let me correct that... a SEXY picture of me in a very small bikini bottom) and somehow scaring him away... then after that, and after a million posts, it probably became the longest thread in the history of NA! haha

actually, as i was reading this thread on the first page, i was surprised that it hadnt been locked already. by the time i press reply here, maybe it will have been locked... here goes nothing...

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:07:50 AM
Rongolian (46)
(Clark Seal) < Meka Chicken >
United States

haha i got some PMs saying that i had been quoted in a thread... not sure when that started but it is pretty cool. is the joel thread still going strong? all i remember is posting a picture of me in a bikini bottom (let me correct that... a SEXY picture of me in a very small bikini bottom) and somehow scaring him away... then after that, and after a million posts, it probably became the longest thread in the history of NA! haha

actually, as i was reading this thread on the first page, i was surprised that it hadnt been locked already. by the time i press reply here, maybe it will have been locked... here goes nothing...

I was thinking we should do a Joel-thread reunion. A "Where Are They Now" sort of thing, would be very interesting

Edited: 08/30/2013 at 12:08 AM by Rongolian

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:09:56 AM
srh201 (114)
United States
even better, lets track down joel... fuck it, better yet, lets track down that piece of ass that was in his avatar!!! mmmmmmm

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:11:30 AM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana

even better, lets track down joel... fuck it, better yet, lets track down that piece of ass that was in his avatar!!! mmmmmmm

It's already been done.
Tracking down Joel that is. He has been contacted by others on the forum in the past. 
x2 with that piece of ass though!

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:15:56 AM
srh201 (114)
United States
talking about piece of ass and the joel thread, let me check my photobucket to see if i can fix the broken link in that thread!

Aug 30, 2013 at 10:49:54 AM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States
Originally posted by: pats1717

Bingo!

I dunno guys......

I have to say I'm proud that we do have members who care about others over and above a personal collection or selling price. Now I'm pissed he was taken advantage of but it is nice to hear these things. I'd give this guy the benefit in any trade/sale we ever had together and I would hope many here would do the same. 

He deserves a heart icon for doing the right thing.

The seller deserves to be put into the HOS.  

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:02:18 AM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
I missed Hootie.

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:26:16 PM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: buyatari2

Originally posted by: pats1717

Bingo!

I dunno guys......

I have to say I'm proud that we do have members who care about others over and above a personal collection or selling price. Now I'm pissed he was taken advantage of but it is nice to hear these things. I'd give this guy the benefit in any trade/sale we ever had together and I would hope many here would do the same. 

He deserves a heart icon for doing the right thing.

The seller deserves to be put into the HOS.  
This.  The buyer seems like a great guy, someone who is honest to a fault and one who will do the right thing, no matter what the cost to him.  Definitely a great guy, someone I would like to deal with sometime.

As for the sellers, ugh.  If they were hard up on the money, just be honest about it.  I've found over the years that being honest about intentions and the like helps a lot.  Who knows, maybe the buyer still would have sold it back if they were honest about the whole situation.  But using their kid as a sob story, not cool at all.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:46:18 PM
srh201 (114)
United States

ok, i dont come around too often anymore, but this was a fun read...

and when robin said "you know what they say, karma's a bitch", he should win quote of the year for that!

these people seem like they are probably telling the truth on some of the shit, but overall, they found out they screwed up and decided to take advantage of the most trustworthy, kind person who has ever bought anything on craigslist before! it was a TOTAL dick move, but people are dicks in this world, soooooo shit happens, move on!

now, what happens to the game next will be interesting.

guys, i totally agree with you. see the highlighted section of my first post in this thread. this guy seems like an awesome guy who is a genuinely good person. the original seller, who was obviously just a total dickhead, only cared about the money. this is a totally f'd up story. at the very least, the seller should split the money with the buyer, because if it werent for the kindness of him, the seller wouldnt have anything at all at this point.

the seller thought... i will give this guy $80 and a mega man 5 and i will get $500+ back in return. no shit, that is an easy decision!!! take advantage of someone's kindness for your own personal gain.

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:51:20 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

I missed Hootie.

and i missed that right nut... i also miss the left nut too. where the hell is vito these days?

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:24:34 PM
buyatari2 (30)

< Master Higgins >
United States

Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

I missed Hootie.

and i missed that right nut... i also miss the left nut too. where the hell is vito these days?

Who is Vito and does he fall between the left and the right nuts?

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:37:51 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Vito = Mario's Left Nut

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:06:44 PM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
I cringed so hard that TC gave back the test cart.

Nothing is more foolish.

Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:29:29 PM
mattyjmania (179)
(matty j) < El Ripper >
Pennsylvania
did we ever get any more info on this?
did it get appraised?

Sep 15, 2013 at 3:36:20 AM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Karma123456

Hello all! I'm the wife of "the guy" and I just wanted to give you all the story. (however, all this drama is better than my high school days) Anyhow, my son was invited to go to the fair on Sunday with one of his friends. We had absolutely no money until payday. We were desperate. My husband was at home and I told him to grab our sons Nintendo stuff, but save a few games that I had in the Nintendo organizer thingy. My husband posted it online and my husband received multiple offers. I also told my husband to put my "special" games aside such as the ones that were my favorite as a kid, and the ones that were my sons favorites, and my unique ones. My husband wasn't supposed to get rid of the yellow game, and actually a couple of the other games that we liked but I was lucky enough to find them on sale anyway on Ebay. My husband informed me that he found a buyer and that he was going to run and meet him. Just in time for me to get the money to my son so he could go to the fair in the morning. Parents do those kinds of things. Anyway, we did find out that we could probably have gotten almost 500 for the yellow game and that it's a cool collector piece amongst the gamer geeks. Soooo, that brings us to today. We are very interested in finding out how much it's worth. We may keep it and we may sell it. We honestly have no idea what we're going to do. It depends on how much it's worth I guess. If it's not worth a lot, then we'll just frame it and put it on the wall and print out this forum thread so we can have a good laugh and quite the conversation piece. As for our friend Matt, I'm sorry this happened this way, but he still got a kick-ass deal AND my son was able to enjoy himself at the fair! Also, we want Matt to know that we have your contact information and we hope to keep in touch!!!

Oh, and to all of the negative, people out there, try being more like Matt!! It was honestly nice meeting someone like him, what a kind genuine person he is. We're good people too and have had our share of people doing negative things to us. We're lucky that it fell in his hands and not someone else. I find peace in knowing that without a doubt we would have done the same thing as well.

Hopefully you get the bad karma you deserve for taking advantage of a generous person because your fuck-up.  It's people like you who sully the great community.  

Edited: 09/15/2013 at 03:38 AM by Pale Horse

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:20:42 PM
Deal Donkey (103)
(Lady Bug) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Get it authenticated by VGA. They spent a lot of time authenticating my gyromite and even told me before hand that it might not get authenticated due to lack of evidence.

Follow me on Twitter to see underpriced video games

or PM your want list

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:19:43 AM
rhetoric614 (51)
(rhetoric 614) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:31:26 AM
Shinju (53)
(Nintendo Collector) < Ridley Wrangler >
Washington
Interesting, someone bought it and is going to cash in for more.

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:21:28 AM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Could still be the original owner, I don't know if their name(s) were disclosed.

I'm still going to bid on it, I just won't enjoy doing it.

Sep 18, 2013 at 7:05:45 AM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

Could still be the original owner, I don't know if their name(s) were disclosed.

I'm still going to bid on it, I just won't enjoy doing it.

Good luck.  It was so importnt to the kid that the seller has a reserve on it.

Puke.  Hope it sells for nothing.  Having made the initial $500 offer I have no intentions of bidding and giving these people money.

Sep 18, 2013 at 8:59:54 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
I think enough people know "the history" of this cart now. Honestly I don't think it will make the reserve because a lot of people who would of bid on it (and maybe spent more than it is worth in an auction setting) are not going to bid.
I know we will be watching with lots of interest, but not bidding. No matter how bad I want a yellow test cart.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!