Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Did I get Duped? What is this worth? Think I got a Fake here but is it worth anything?

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:18:24 PM
Johnny5alive (2)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Are you going to post the eBay sellers id? I don't understand how you don't feel completely violated and you're fine with wasting $200. ? Last time I took my girlfriend to a fancy dinner for $200 I felt violated. And it was a decent meal!

-------------------------
NES - 120
N64 - 94
N.A N64 systems. - 7/9
CIB Famicom System & Disk Drive
Daiei Hawks and Jusco 30th Anniversary consoles
Nintower of Power (CIB Radnet N64DD - CIB CD64 - Z64 - Tristar)

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:24:56 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Johnny5alive

Are you going to post the eBay sellers id? I don't understand how you don't feel completely violated and you're fine with wasting $200. ? Last time I took my girlfriend to a fancy dinner for $200 I felt violated. And it was a decent meal!

Imagine how she felt! Badump psh!

I'll be here all evening folks

Remember to tip the wait staff

VideoGameSage.com

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:26:43 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I'm always taking donations if you just want to dump some money in my paypal account send me a pm

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:37:16 PM
wettkatt (27)
(Blair Alexander) < Eggplant Wizard >
Manitoba

The sellers ebay name was NESWORLD.  It appears all the posts he had on are now deleted and his account is no longer valid so I have no way of even contacting the guy.  Maybe someone beat me to the punch and he got removed or something.  But I am gonna try for a refund anyways.  Thanks for all the input guys.

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:46:34 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
You bought it here? Did you use paypal?

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:59:54 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: wettkatt

The sellers ebay name was NESWORLD.  It appears all the posts he had on are now deleted and his account is no longer valid so I have no way of even contacting the guy.  Maybe someone beat me to the punch and he got removed or something.  But I am gonna try for a refund anyways.  Thanks for all the input guys.

you dont need to contact the guy just file a case fake label get your money back and move on

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:09:32 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
You are very nonchalant about losing $200 haha, do you have a lucrative business that you cannot mention for legal reasons?

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:18:49 PM
diddles_mcbean (22)
(Diddles McBean) < El Ripper >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Maertens29

You are very nonchalant about losing $200 haha, do you have a lucrative business that you cannot mention for legal reasons?

Yeah, he buys repros and then sells them for $20.  Not lucrative, but ya know, business.

POLYKILL.COM - Video games, podcasts, videos, etc.

I have a podcast just like the next guy.  Find it here:
Polykill Podcast - iTunes

Complete list of retro game stores

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:49:10 PM
Captn6423 (5)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
Guam

Lol. Yeah....... I personally like to be taken to dinner before I get f$&@ed.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:34:34 PM
XeroShinobi (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Ontario
It was obviously fake from the get go, but who doesn't own the security bits to open old games and consoles?

I open virtually everything I get. It doesn't damage anything in any way unless you literally have the dexterity of a mountain gorilla.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:40:27 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Maertens29

This! 

File a claim and take some action here before it is too late.  What you bought is entirely worthless, get your money back already.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:44:13 PM
cverz2 (21)

(Clint Severs) < Tourian Tourist >
Illinois
Originally posted by: smacku911

Dude ebay will give you the refund . Im telling you i've had people send back games with nothing wrong with them and Ebay made me give a refund. I even sell Nintendo's and stress for them to keep the games clean before putting them in . Had a person send it back prob because they got their fill of playing it and wanted the money back . Well when i get a refund i check all the games and the nintendo for my marks. All Nintendo games where dirty and there for cancelled my guarantee Right ...
Wrong ...Even tho i told them in the listing that only clean games can be put into the system or the guarantee will be void ebay still made me refund the money . I have no problem refunding someone if the reason is right but ebay is hardcore with refunds. and if you dont' refund it they will over draft your bank account or paypal account to refund a buyer ... don't keep that crap . get your money back bro..

this guy is right.  Ebay is hardcore.  the buyer can pretty much say anything and they will get their money back

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:49:20 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
This thread is kinda weird.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:58:04 PM
VGS_captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cverz2

Originally posted by: smacku911

Dude ebay will give you the refund . Im telling you i've had people send back games with nothing wrong with them and Ebay made me give a refund. I even sell Nintendo's and stress for them to keep the games clean before putting them in . Had a person send it back prob because they got their fill of playing it and wanted the money back . Well when i get a refund i check all the games and the nintendo for my marks. All Nintendo games where dirty and there for cancelled my guarantee Right ...
Wrong ...Even tho i told them in the listing that only clean games can be put into the system or the guarantee will be void ebay still made me refund the money . I have no problem refunding someone if the reason is right but ebay is hardcore with refunds. and if you dont' refund it they will over draft your bank account or paypal account to refund a buyer ... don't keep that crap . get your money back bro..

this guy is right.  Ebay is hardcore.  the buyer can pretty much say anything and they will get their money back

There's been a few guys that either almost got boned on their refund or did indeed get boned because the seller claimed they either tampered with or broke the game by opening it.

So definitely file your claim and get your money back, but just emphasize the fake label for the fact that it's a counterfeit.

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:12:04 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
i got boned a few times as as buyer... once because the cib game was damaged from smoke and ebay doesnt cover smells, but it was yellowed from the smoke...

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:21:16 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
Looks completely fake by the label (EDIT: and board.).  Collectors should own the very cheap screwdrivers that open carts locally and they have only themselves to blame when dupped. If its an online purchase that's "too good to be true," yet still expensive, it's a 99% of the time fake.   Sorry about your fake, return it.

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Edited: 01/05/2015 at 11:23 PM by KAMIKAWA

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:24:06 PM
ZombieGuyGeezus (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I'd like to make a request to the OP.

If you are granted the request, could you please work out for 15-20 mins after a work day in the underware you slept in the night before and just let your boys rest on the cart for 35 to 45 mins. Get that grease on there and like the funk let set in. Then when the seller opens the package, the smell will be faint and the grease will be jelled but he'll know. He wont wana know, but he'll know.

VideoGameSage.com

Edited: 01/05/2015 at 11:27 PM by ZombieGuyGeezus

Jan 5, 2015 at 11:24:41 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: KAMIKAWA

Looks completely fake by the label.  Collectors should own the very cheap screwdrivers that open carts locally and they have only themselves to blame when dupped. If its an online purchase that's "too good to be true," yet still expensive, it's a 99% of the time fake.   Sorry about your fake, return it.

Owning a screwdriver or not, pretty sure the scammers are still to blame here.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:11:48 AM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: B.A.

Originally posted by: KAMIKAWA

Looks completely fake by the label.  Collectors should own the very cheap screwdrivers that open carts locally and they have only themselves to blame when dupped. If its an online purchase that's "too good to be true," yet still expensive, it's a 99% of the time fake.   Sorry about your fake, return it.

Owning a screwdriver or not, pretty sure the scammers are still to blame here.

I think collectors can be more proactive making sure they are getting genuine games.  The Horrid scams like this wouldn't be near as common as they are now if collector's would step back, take a breath, put in some good thought, and if purchased locally, use a cheap tool to find out if what they are buying is a fake.  Yes ultimately the scammer is to blame, but I don't view collectors who get scammed on high end items completely blameless.

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Edited: 01/06/2015 at 01:59 AM by KAMIKAWA

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:47:13 AM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Nothing, repros of retail games are not allowed here.
Wrong, that is not true.  There are many times that repros of retail games (i.e. repros of 72 pin games) have been made. 

@OP: Get your money back.  I would say the game would be worth $25 - $40, it is a fun game, the guy used labor and parts to make it, and gameplay is worth something too.  Not worth $200 though.  If he wants to work with you, maybe go for partial refund.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:53:09 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
@tracker go post a FS thread for one of these and see how far you get. just fuck off already.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:00:17 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
1O1...Panic Restaurant is a cursed game!

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:22:03 AM
DrAfrokid (64)
(Mario Caruffo) < Meka Chicken >
Chile
Damm this suck, for high price items you can buy here on NA is a lot more secure than Ebay theses days...

You MUST get your money back, you just can´t allow this happens, we must fight scammers!

Visit my retrogaming blog! http://www.elblogdelafro.com 

My FT/FO Thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:23:50 AM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Lincoln

@tracker go post a FS thread for one of these and see how far you get. just fuck off already.
Sure, I'll do that right behind the "repros" made for Gaiopolis, Crime Busters, and every other retail 72 pin game that has been reproed on here with flying colors!  You guys wanna act like a bunch of hypocrits, feel free to do so, but those that notice are gonna be sure to point it out!

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:41:13 PM
Doc Transit (15)
(Evmaestro ) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

I'd like to make a request to the OP.

If you are granted the request, could you please work out for 15-20 mins after a work day in the underware you slept in the night before and just let your boys rest on the cart for 35 to 45 mins. Get that grease on there and like the funk let set in. Then when the seller opens the package, the smell will be faint and the grease will be jelled but he'll know. He wont wana know, but he'll know.

That is far too decripitive to have been made up... I lol'd

Edited: 01/06/2015 at 12:41 PM by Doc Transit