Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2014 Weekly Contest Presents: P.O.W. Prisoners of War Contest ends Sunday, 11/16/14 at 11 PM NA time

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:02:29 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
The contests usually slow down a bit at this time of year due largely to the holidays. Things will pick back up when the 2015 contests start.

-------------------------

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:03:34 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: guillavoie

Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Leaderboard updated and sent to Guillavoie.

I'm surprised we didn't have a bigger turn out this week.
Not even a holiday week, yet

I missed Czar5 early score in the leaderboard, I fixed it the results, could you resend me the updates?

The contest has been slowing down lately, especially with less popular games.

Update sent!

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:04:33 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: bimmy_lee

The contests usually slow down a bit at this time of year due largely to the holidays. Things will pick back up when the 2015 contests start.
Yeah, I guess I just didn't realize this wasn't a popular game

I mean, it's not as prolific as Double Dragon, but I expected a bigger turn out.

(then again, as a kid, I only knew one kid who owned the game... so I guess it wasn't widely known)

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:13:05 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan

I mean, it's not as prolific as Double Dragon, but I expected a bigger turn out.

(then again, as a kid, I only knew one kid who owned the game... so I guess it wasn't widely known)

I had a feeling this game would have a low turnout since it isn't a very popular game.  I've found that people either really like this game (which isn't many ) or they really hate this game (which is the usual consensus).  I'm one of the few who like this game and find it to be much better than games like Renegade or Target: Renegade.  The Beat 'Em Up genre is the hardest one to pick out games for year in and year out because there aren't that many quality ones with a point system.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:16:05 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I had a feeling this game would have a low turnout since it isn't a very popular game.  I've found that people either really like this game (which isn't many ) or they really hate this game (which is the usual consensus).  I'm one of the few who like this game and find it to be much better than games like Renegade or Target: Renegade.  The Beat 'Em Up genre is the hardest one to pick out games for year in and year out because there aren't that many quality ones with a point system.

Yeah, I was surprised by the negative reaction.

I only played the game a handful of times at a friends house when we were kids (probably 2nd or 3rd grade), and to my recollection I never made it past the first boss, if we even made it that far.

But I always sort of had a nagging desire to play it again, despite never picking it up back when I was buying for the collection.

And either I had a bad ROM dump, or the wrong mapper, on the PowerPak for the longest time, meaning I couldn't play it then, either.

I've got a new ROM set now, and the latest mappers, and was happily surprised that it all came together and worked.

I actually really liked this one (though part of that was seeing how within reach the world record would be )