Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Pokemon Blue - Legit H-SEAM ? Also Storage Question Pokemon Blue version gameboy sealed

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:07:13 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
I recently got my hand on a sealed POKEMON BLUE VERSION Gameboy game. It is in fairly good condition exept for the tiny hole in the wrap on the front (see the 4th pic)

I had a few q's from experienced collectors:

1) Is this seal  legit?

2) How should i store it so it maintains its condition?

3) Does the small tear in the wrap de-value this item at all? How can I make sure the tear doesnt grow ?

4) Is it worth getting it VGA Graded?  I've heard mixed reviews on the validity of this service

Thanks!

Edited: 02/05/2014 at 04:11 PM by 0verhyped

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:44:33 PM
Logo1285 (14)
(Christopher Loggia) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
1. Looks legit to me but I am not a sealed games professional. Definitely want to get more opinions.

2. I stored most of my boxed/valuable/sealed stuff in acrylic cases. Seems to do the job for me.

3. Not sure about that little tear decreasing a ton of value. maybe a few bucks if you are trying to sell it and they are looking for "minty mint" items. I would just store it in a case and not touch it again to keep it from tearing more lol

4. No clue there. I'm not a big fan of getting stuff graded but for people who are, it may be worth a grade. I don't even have the slightest clue of what a possible grade could be.

Sorry if this post doesn't help in any way.

-------------------------

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:51:33 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
3). It looks like a vent hole and not a tear (it's supposed to be there).

I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:15:51 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
Oh good, if its a vent hole then im a lot happier!

Are vent holes always located in this region for pokemon gameboy games?

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:21:32 PM
pujolsfan (116)
< King Solomon >
Missouri
Not sure if that's a vent hole or not. If there aren't any more holes, then it's probably a little tear. Vent holes are machine made in a straight line...more than one hole, but I'm not sure how many.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:36:29 PM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Looks legit. That looks like a vent hole to me. Even if it wasn't a vent hole, it wouldn't damage the value much at all IMO. This thing is beautiful. Pokemon Blue was one of my first game boy games. *cries*

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:17:56 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
Yea there's only one hole in it and ,as you said , I thought vent holes came in a line....I'm OCD with stuff like that though ,collection wise.

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:03:59 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
That box is way too nice for it to be a re-seal.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Feb 5, 2014 at 11:27:41 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
Thanks for everyone for the help and advice, any other comments feel free to post!

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:36:19 AM
Kelp (22)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Arizona
1. Seal looks legit, the box looks fantastic. If you show us more pictures of where the openings are on the box it might help a bit more.

2. Most people I think go for the box protectors. I got my protectors for N64 stuff from http://www.videogameboxprotectors.com and I'm really happy with them. Obviously if you have it graded it will be well protected.

3. As others have mentioned, my first guess was that it is a vent hole. I wouldn't worry about it honestly. Obviously don't put stress on the hole, but it should be fine.

4. Totally up to you. Figure the price of shipping and the specific grading you are going after, then see if it's worth it to keep it in its current condition. If you have other games graded then it might be good just to have a collection going. If this is your first sealed game you are considering getting graded, maybe collect a few more and see if this route is something you want to follow.

Congrats on the find, it looks really nice!

N64 Guide for Paper Inserts and Items

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:15:53 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
Thanks Kelp, I was looking into those box protectors earlier, cheap price but hopefully decent quality....and the more I look into the hole /tear I think its a vent hole , I'd still like the opinion of someone who collects/ sells sealed pokemon gameboy games

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:15:29 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
How much did you pay for it?

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:55:19 PM
0verhyped (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: GirlGamer55

I got a fairly reasonable deal for it, thats not the point of this thread though =P

Edited: 02/07/2014 at 07:03 PM by 0verhyped

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:08:10 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: 0verhyped

Originally posted by: GirlGamer55

I got a fairly reasonable deal for it, thats not the point of this thread though =P

Yeah, so? It's a valid question...i'm just wondering if you payed ebay prices or got it for like 10 bucks.

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)