Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

​Nintendo NX will launch March 2017 And Zelda will launch for WiiU and NX

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:36:28 AM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland
Nintendo previously announced that it would release more information about its next system, code-named NX, this year. As the first announcement of any NX information, Nintendo confirmed that NX is scheduled to launch in March 2017. NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year. (mynintendonews.com)

The Legend of Zelda: The latest instalment in this classic series is scheduled to launch simultaneously for both Wii U and NX, and both versions of the game have been in development in tandem. Because developers need more time to polish the game, it will launch in 2017, but it will be the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3.(mynintendonews.com)

-------------------------
> Seppatoni's Zockerstübchen

Apr 27, 2016 at 6:36:23 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
I'm disappointed the NX will only launch next year.
I was hoping to buy it this year.
Well, at least my money will yield more.

Also, the fact that Nintendo will only have Zelda on E3 is a bit strange.
I'm afraid they won't have any first party titles for the second semester.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:34:15 AM
Thunderblaze16 (76)
(Piero ) < King Solomon >
Florida

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:35:43 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
So it's confirmed now? Cool.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:41:24 AM
Doc.Stalk (25)
(Carson ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
I love Nintendo's genius social media tactics of a 3 am announcement. Aside from that I don't really care that is one year away, I have enough games to catch up on lol. I think it's a little silly though that they wont be showing the console at E3, even if it isn't as big as it once was they should have at least showed it off, this just makes me think they are really behind schedule; but maybe they have a trick up there sleeve though. I'm still pumped for Zelda but I'm sure some are a little upset of all the delays. I'm mostly worried they aren't going to not have enough games at launch again, I still have faith, lots can happen in a year.

My want list: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:37:07 AM
meta-mark (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
I have mixed feelings about this; I'm disappointed that it's not coming out for another year, but I also only just bought a Wii U last Nivember so I'm happy that I'm still current gen for a while longer

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:40:33 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
This is exactly what I expected with Zelda. I figured it would at least get a multi platform release with the NX (like TP did with GC / Wii), or just move to the NX entirely and get cancelled for Wii U. You want to have a flagship title celebrating the release of the next gen console and the new Zelda would certainly do it.

At this point, just curious for price point and see if they do a Zelda NX bundle. I imagine that would sell well.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 27, 2016 at 8:50:08 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
This will do good for the stock prices. I am pleased with this development.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:10:39 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Definitely smart to launch a new console with a Zelda title. With it being on Wii U however, it may not push as many people to NX as they may think?

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:39:26 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Very excited for E3!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:42:28 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Seppatoni

Nintendo previously announced that it would release more information about its next system, code-named NX, this year. As the first announcement of any NX information, Nintendo confirmed that NX is scheduled to launch in March 2017. NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year. (mynintendonews.com)

Originally posted by: dqualls187

Very excited for E3!
E3 can be exciting, but it won't be because of an NX debut.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:47:26 AM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: Seppatoni

Originally posted by: dqualls187

Very excited for E3!
E3 can be exciting, but it won't be because of an NX debut.

Im excited for all things E3! Excited to hear a little more about River City Tokyo Rumble. Hoping we'll be getting it soon!

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:20:07 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
It's funny because I get emails from bestbuy every month telling me updates about Zelda Wii U....preordered the first day it was available. Oh well it'll be nice not having to pay for it down the road.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:22:43 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
They keep putting out good Wii U games, i'm not in a rush to buy another console. If they want to actually make money off this one, they should be pumping out ads and promoting the hell out of it.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:36:25 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
So any word if its going to be 'backwards' compatible?

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:42:46 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
2016 is going to be a very sad and empty year for Nintendo

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:09:16 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: gunner44

I have mixed feelings about this; I'm disappointed that it's not coming out for another year, but I also only just bought a Wii U last Nivember so I'm happy that I'm still current gen for a while longer

Ha! We are on the same boat. I just hope they put out something awesome...

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:14:40 PM
twiztor (5)
(Mr. Twiztor) < Eggplant Wizard >
Iowa
e3 gets more people talking about video games than anything else that happens all year. to not even show off your system that will debut 9 months later seems asinine. ESPECIALLY since one of the biggest downfalls of the Wii-U's sales was terrible presentation. Most people (including many gamers) didn't understand that it wasn't an upgrade to the Wii system. That's a monumental fail. Seems to me they'd be better off getting the information out there earlier so as to not make the same mistake.
Also, will this be the generation that Nintendo embraces 3rd party developers and actually competes with Microsoft and Sony? the last few systems have been more of a "secondary" system, but with less support every new cycle (and the horrible sales of the Wii-U), i hope they see that this is a continuous downward trend.
i love Nintendo, love the Wii-U, and appreciate that they set their own course through the industry, but i would also like to see them succeed. fingers crossed.

definitely looking forward to seeing some info on LoZ-U tho. i mean, it's only been over two years since we saw a 2 minute video. About time for some details.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:28:16 PM
Majesty ZX (40)
(Ginger ) < Lolo Lord >
Georgia
Originally posted by: twiztor

e3 gets more people talking about video games than anything else that happens all year. to not even show off your system that will debut 9 months later seems asinine. 

E3 is getting smaller and smaller every year. Tons of big names pull out of it every year because interest in E3 is at an all time low. I can't blame any company for not wanting to do anything there anymore as it's really not too awfully great anymore. Nintendo's done very well for themselves with the Directs, I don't really see the need for a huge presence at E3.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:32:33 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:34:45 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: dqualls187

Not if you're a 3ds fan!
Pokemon Sun & Moon will be good as well as Kirby Robobot but beyond that, nothing much else. I'm still very iffy on Metroid Federation Force and I haven't seen anything else for 3DS coming this year that interested me. I still think this year is another drought-ridden year for 3DS. 3DS looks like an oasis compared to Wii U but 3DS's offering this year is still pretty weak IMO.

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:47:15 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Has it been confirmed yet if NX is a handheld or a console? Or (my prediction), a combo of both?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:47:56 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon

Not if you're a 3ds fan!
Pokemon Sun & Moon will be good as well as Kirby Robobot but beyond that, nothing much else. I'm still very iffy on Metroid Federation Force and I haven't seen anything else for 3DS coming this year that interested me. I still think this year is another drought-ridden year for 3DS. 3DS looks like an oasis compared to Wii U but 3DS's offering this year is still pretty weak IMO.

Theres already been a bunch of solid releases this year like Project X-Zone 2, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, and you're forgetting Dragon Quest VII and VIII, im also excited for Corpse Party as well as a couple others like River City Tokyo Rumble! Now i guess if were talking first party theres not a whole lot and im also not interested in Federation Force but i think theres a lot of good 3DS titles dropping this year. Really looking forward to the new Kirby! I really enjoyed Triple Deluxe!

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:48:49 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

2016, the year the Vita basically dies and Nintendo takes total control again of the handheld market. 3DS is killing it now, and with 999 part 3*coming out in 2 months as well as all that's been released so far in 2016, I'm not thinking sad or empty at all.

*the conclusion to the trilogy that began on DS, and one of the best game series of the past generation.

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 12:50 PM by XYZ

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:57:17 PM
D~Funk (81)
Oregon
Originally posted by: XYZ

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

2016, the year the Vita basically dies and Nintendo takes total control again of the handheld market. 3DS is killing it now, and with 999 part 3*coming out in 2 months as well as all that's been released so far in 2016, I'm not thinking sad or empty at all.

*the conclusion to the trilogy that began on DS, and one of the best game series of the past generation.

Everyone raves about that series but i just can't get into it :/ guess its not my style.

Ita kinda like the Persona series and The World Ends With You, everyone raves about em and i've never been able to get into em.

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 12:58 PM by D~Funk