Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What's On Your Want List Already Released Hombrews

Aug 01 at 9:18:55 PM
Indo (4)
(Chris ) < Crack Trooper >
New Jersey
My want list of games I missed out on or haven't pickup yet: - Larry LLFLL - Cowlitz Gamers 2nd Adventure - Blade Buster - Spook 'o Tron

-------------------------
Deadeye.bit        Twitter       Instagram

Aug 01 at 11:22:15 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
I have never played or collected homebrews, but I am damn curious what's on those Christmas carts after years of seeing NA people all about them.

Aug 02 at 5:36:52 AM
Zezzler (1)
(Jesse Sesler) < Little Mac >
Korea, Republic of
I have most of the ones I've wanted to get my hands on, but a couple that I missed out on were Star Keeper (basically impossible without dropping loads of cash 🙄) and LLFLL as well... Or at least those are the only two off the top of my head!

@Zezzler   JammingGames    Zezzler   NES Collection

Aug 02 at 7:20:35 AM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I'm missing a few of the 8 bit Xmas titles and I would like to pick up the Haunted Halloweens!

Aug 02 at 8:03:15 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I'd like to own a copy of Garage Cart one day, purely for historical reasons, but other than that I think I'm pretty set. I do still need to buy a copy of Twin Dragons.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Aug 02 at 8:30:30 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Collecting-wise, lots! Mostly ones that are way too expensive to ever be feasible at this point, but crazier things have happened..

In terms of gaming, though, I'm excited for What Remains to ship. Battle Kid: Dangerous Trap is up there too. The few times that I've gone to Play Asia to order one of their limited Switch releases I can't help but feel that I should be picking it up instead. Wyvern Tales for the Lynx is very high on my list, but at like $100 I had to pass for the time being. I thought of two more last night, but now they've slipped my mind!

There are quite a few games that I backed, or wanted to back, that are just a waiting game at this point. Orange Island might be the new Lizard on my gaming horizon.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 08/02/2019 at 08:33 AM by SoleGooseProductions

Aug 02 at 10:16:13 AM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Indo

My want list of games - Spook 'o Tron

Me too man, me too  

My big want from the past now that I've knocked out most of the heavier hitters is the Glider LE.

I also want that damn Anamanaguchi Endless Fantasy Kickstarter exclusive chiptune cart. Still kick myself for missing out on that one.

Aug 02 at 10:28:48 AM
dougeff (13)
< Eggplant Wizard >
At some point, I'm going to get the Lizard game. And Micro Mages.

nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES

Aug 02 at 11:02:59 AM
Scrobins09 (8)
(Sean ) < Eggplant Wizard >
District of Columbia
I've knocked out most of my wish list or at least pre-ordered what's on the way, but I am still looking for a few hard to find Hagen's Alley games like Miles Con 2016 and Commie Killer, K3VBOT’s Hangman, Shmup Speed, Joe's Troll Burner demo game, and the YM2017 chiptune on the Genesis.

Now I'm just trying to box some of what I do have like Enigmacore and Kevin Power in Concert Carnage.

Edited: 09/23/2019 at 11:26 PM by Scrobins09

Aug 02 at 12:37:12 PM
Indo (4)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: dougeff

At some point, I'm going to get the Lizard game. And Micro Mages.

Both are great. Highly recommend not passing them up.

Aug 02 at 12:38:26 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Battle Kid 2
Khan's 4-in-1
Larry

I'm cheap. And as for Battle Kid 2, I really should finish the first one. I got really stuck about halfway in :\

Aug 02 at 1:17:31 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: Scrobins09

I've knocked out most of my wish list or at least pre-ordered what's on the way, but I am still looking for a few hard to find Hagen's Alley games like Miles Con 2016 and Commie Killer, as well as Joe's Troll Burner demo game, and the YM2017 chiptune on the Genesis.

Now I'm just trying to box some of what I do have like Enigmacore and Kevin Power in Concert Carnage.

Enigmacore! Haven't thought about that game in forever. Was that actually released at some point?

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Aug 02 at 1:29:56 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
I want that brawler from Watermelon Game Factory (?) that we paid for like 5 years ago  

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Aug 02 at 1:59:51 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Originally posted by: Scrobins09

I've knocked out most of my wish list or at least pre-ordered what's on the way, but I am still looking for a few hard to find Hagen's Alley games like Miles Con 2016 and Commie Killer, as well as Joe's Troll Burner demo game, and the YM2017 chiptune on the Genesis.

Enigmacore! Haven't thought about that game in forever. Was that actually released at some point?
I don’t know if it was formally released, I just messaged Kevin and he sold me some of what he still had on hand. I love Enigmacore though: the thrill of closing in on the right sequence, the agony of realizing you completely forgot about one of the colors too late.

Aug 02 at 2:30:40 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
There was an LE auction Enigmacore here on NA ( http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo... ), and K3v has sold a regular version at shows ever since.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 08/02/2019 at 02:32 PM by SoleGooseProductions

Aug 02 at 2:47:48 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Dragon Feet and Battle Kid 2 LE are two I'd like, but I'm probably not paying crazy prices for them. I'm also curious about the TWCT cart sold at PRGE last year because I don't actually know what it is and the Retrotainment people did a terrible job selling it   They told me it was just a list of scrolling names then tried to hype up how fast it was going to sell out (R@RE!), but I think there's actually something else on the cart!

I've scratched the really "high end" stuff off my want list and resigned that I'll never have it all. If I was going to ever have a truly collectible homebrew, Garage Cart would be the one and I'll never have that!

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 08/02/2019 at 02:48 PM by DefaultGen

Aug 02 at 2:51:35 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: NESfiend

I have never played or collected homebrews, but I am damn curious what's on those Christmas carts after years of seeing NA people all about them.

All those ROMs are freely available FWIW, and the multicart of the first 9 games has been available since 2017. 2013 is where it's at though  

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 02 at 3:26:26 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

All those ROMs are freely available FWIW, and the multicart of the first 9 games has been available since 2017. 2013 is where it's at though  

You spelled 2012 wrong!

Aug 02 at 3:26:57 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Dragon Feet and Battle Kid 2 LE are two I'd like, but I'm probably not paying crazy prices for them. I'm also curious about the TWCT cart sold at PRGE last year because I don't actually know what it is and the Retrotainment people did a terrible job selling it   They told me it was just a list of scrolling names then tried to hype up how fast it was going to sell out (R@RE!), but I think there's actually something else on the cart!

I've scratched the really "high end" stuff off my want list and resigned that I'll never have it all. If I was going to ever have a truly collectible homebrew, Garage Cart would be the one and I'll never have that!
I was curious about the TWCT cart as well. I was talking to Tim at PRGE last year when someone handed him a stack of those carts and he asked if I wanted one because they’ll sell out soon. I remember thinking that from his description it didn’t sound as interesting and I wanted to save my money for a few games I was on the prowl for. I still wonder if I let something special slip through my fingers.

Aug 02 at 3:50:34 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
CTWC 2018: The Archives is not a game. It is a commemorative token of an event, the Classic Tetris World Championships. It gives some history about the CTWC, past results, and then has a couple of screens of falling blocks that reveal the names of the prior year's rankings. Copies were given to last year's participants (white packaging), and there were some for sale (yellow packaging). Sales and marketing were handled by the CTWC, although some made their way to the Retrotainment booth before show's end. In 2017 a similar item was for sale, but there was nothing in the shell, so the thought was to give them something that people could pop into their system instead of just an empty shell. Not a game (and there isn't one hidden in there either), so if you're looking for something to play you're not missing anything.

Our second collaborative event-based project, "The 6502 Collective's Convention Quest at the Let's Play Gaming Expo Irving, TX August 9-11, 2019" is a game, don't worry  .

SoleGooseProductions.com

Aug 02 at 3:55:57 PM
Scrobins09 (8)
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

CTWC 2018: The Archives is not a game. It is a commemorative token of an event, the Classic Tetris World Championships. It gives some history about the CTWC, past results, and then has a couple of screens of falling blocks that reveal the names of the prior year's rankings. Copies were given to last year's participants (white packaging), and there were some for sale (yellow packaging). Sales and marketing were handled by the CTWC, although some made their way to the Retrotainment booth before show's end. In 2017 a similar item was for sale, but there was nothing in the shell, so the thought was to give them something that people could pop into their system instead of just an empty shell. Not a game (and there isn't one hidden in there either), so if you're looking for something to play you're not missing anything.

Our second collaborative event-based project, "The 6502 Collective's Convention Quest at the Let's Play Gaming Expo Irving, TX August 9-11, 2019" is a game, don't worry  .
Thanks for the clarification!

Aug 02 at 6:06:59 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I forgot to add too that it is designed to auto-play. All of the screens are on timers, and the menu options advance through a loop. Perfect for display at an expo, or having on in the background at one of those wild Tetris parties.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Aug 02 at 6:40:03 PM
Indo (4)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: NESfiend

This past year's was very good. It was an isometric downhill skiing / snow boarding game. Like ski free. You can get the rom off retrousb for free and assembly line podcast did an episode about it. Listen to e16: 8-Bit XMAS 2018 by The Assembly Line on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/nesassembl...

Aug 02 at 9:42:22 PM
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
2013 FTW! Or 2020!!!

SoleGooseProductions.com

Aug 02 at 11:54:34 PM
Indo (4)
New Jersey
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

2013 FTW! Or 2020!!!

what is 2020 going to be? Do you have the inside scoop?