Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread. Do you have a problem with Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/etc? Do you wanna vent about it? Heres your thread to do so.

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:05:32 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Okay, this is a new one for me. I saw an item I wanted to purchase on eBay (a book) but the seller said that he did not offer international shipping. I wanted to contact them to see if there would be any way of making an acception, since I am American but now living in Taiwan, etc. When I tried to contact them, however, I went to a page that stated that the seller was not answering questions!!! I didn't know you could block questions on eBay. What great customer service!

-------------------------
-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:01:16 AM
GameBoyScotty (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Don Keyballs) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
I like when I throw game crap on CL really cheap, and some ass hat will email me and offer 1/2 or less. When I reply with a counter offer of $1,000,000, just to tell them no in a way that is funny to me, I get death threats and really long venting emails about how dumb I am.

I would sooner burn shit, than hand it off to some turd like that.

I will also make "Fake" CL posts from time to time, to get the cheaper, shifty resellers to email me. Then I have the email addy, and block them. Good way to sort out the clowns from regular folk. If ya list a Earthbound with no price, you'd be surprised how many $10-$20 offers you'll get.

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:09:13 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: tracker465

Okay, this is a new one for me. I saw an item I wanted to purchase on eBay (a book) but the seller said that he did not offer international shipping. I wanted to contact them to see if there would be any way of making an acception, since I am American but now living in Taiwan, etc. When I tried to contact them, however, I went to a page that stated that the seller was not answering questions!!! I didn't know you could block questions on eBay. What great customer service!
Yeah this is annoying.  I actually saw it the other day on maybe a goodwill eBay auction?  It had some CIBs with only one picture so I just wanted to ask if they had any creases / tears / damages on the back or sides.  Couldn't ask the question so I didn't bid.  A bit frustrating.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:03:47 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: tracker465

Yeah this is annoying.  I actually saw it the other day on maybe a goodwill eBay auction?  It had some CIBs with only one picture so I just wanted to ask if they had any creases / tears / damages on the back or sides.  Couldn't ask the question so I didn't bid.  A bit frustrating.

I didn't know you could do this until I read your message. What the heck?! That's ridiculous...

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:42:13 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
SOB!
I sooo want to beat the #@!$ outta a buyer right now on amazon.

I sell a game, actually got it cleaned before listing it
sells on the 7th, shipped on the 8th
last night at 10pm I get a message saying it's not working and that it's all scratched up.
I reply with, what type of system do you have - making sure its NTSC
this guy confirmed with me that he tried it with 3 systems and nothing..
so I say sorry and just return the game back to me and I will refund the amount due.
and like an hr later (just now) I get a AtoZ claim from this SOB...

ugh, sucky part is that amazon support number office hours are 5-6pm pst (they just closed..)
So now I'm just PO'd, like seriously what kind of a douche is this guy making a claim when I saying I'll refund you just send the item back.

TJ$#Q@TB$#T VUJGQVT@$J!!!!!

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 03/11/2012 at 09:43 PM by punkr13

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:05:43 AM
Warped (12)
(Ken O) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Do I place this here? I don't know, but this really made me go ... REALLY??!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zelda-2-I...

Please note it says "PVG Plus - 100% Collector Quality. 100% Satisfied"

Sigh ... yeah, that's 100% collector quality alright. My only guess is that he is referring to his online business or something instead of this one.

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 01:06 AM by Warped

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:55:08 AM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
that pvg is just the logo they use
but if you read the rest of the listing it goes like this:

Condition:

The box is in POOR condition. There is obvious wear visible in photos. (Refer to photos)
The game is in GOOD condition. Has been cleaned and tested. Works great! Still has gold shine. (Refer to photos)

Also includes the NES white styrofoam insert at the bottom of the box. (Not pictured)

Any questions? Please ask.

--------
So don't just go by the logo but the actual description of the item

That's the thing that annoys me the most selling online, that theirs people that don't even read descriptions and they think that good = mint

When I put in the condition i actually lower the grade so that they don't comeback with anything stupid about it.

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 01:55 AM by punkr13

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:18:18 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: GameBoyScotty

I like when I throw game crap on CL really cheap, and some ass hat will email me and offer 1/2 or less. When I reply with a counter offer of $1,000,000, just to tell them no in a way that is funny to me, I get death threats and really long venting emails about how dumb I am.

I would sooner burn shit, than hand it off to some turd like that.

I will also make "Fake" CL posts from time to time, to get the cheaper, shifty resellers to email me. Then I have the email addy, and block them. Good way to sort out the clowns from regular folk. If ya list a Earthbound with no price, you'd be surprised how many $10-$20 offers you'll get.

If you are listing things like this, you have no right to be offended by any offers you get. This could be a reseller, or it could be someone who is interested but honestly does not know what the game is worth, or you have the knowledgeble collector who wants the game for themself. If you are that last guy, what are you going to do- offer 75% to tip off a potentially in the dark seller and screw yourself out of a good find?

This is actually one of my major grievances with CL right now, people who list things and it's like pulling fucking teeth to get a number out of them. There's a guy that posted he has some rare snes games (an listed like 4 of them, which is another issue) saying to make an offer. I've contacted him with 2 different emails to get info and made reasonable starting offers and he just doesn't respond after that. I'm happy to up my offer but you have to fucking talk to me.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 02:19 AM by Lincoln

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:22:35 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
punk: That claim thing, ebay advises people to use it in all cases with something going to be returned, because if you do not file the claim then you run the risk of the seller pulling some junk and being stuck (or in reverse.) I had someone pull crap a couple months back and called ebay and they explained that one to me. Had I just did the return w/out using the claim I'd have no protection from seller shenanigans as I wasn't planning on making a claim either.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:59:33 AM
Indigo_Streetlight (48)
(John Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: punkr13

SOB!
I sooo want to beat the #@!$ outta a buyer right now on amazon.

I sell a game, actually got it cleaned before listing it
sells on the 7th, shipped on the 8th
last night at 10pm I get a message saying it's not working and that it's all scratched up.
I reply with, what type of system do you have - making sure its NTSC
this guy confirmed with me that he tried it with 3 systems and nothing..
so I say sorry and just return the game back to me and I will refund the amount due.
and like an hr later (just now) I get a AtoZ claim from this SOB...

ugh, sucky part is that amazon support number office hours are 5-6pm pst (they just closed..)
So now I'm just PO'd, like seriously what kind of a douche is this guy making a claim when I saying I'll refund you just send the item back.

TJ$#Q@TB$#T VUJGQVT@$J!!!!!
Actually you might be good on that, just say on your side of the claim that you offered to take the game back and give the guy a refund (attempted to work with buyer, buyer is not cooperating). It makes the A-Z look more trumped up & unnecessary...I was surprised, but Amazon actually denied a claim against me because it was flimsy and I offered to take the return. o_O

That night the Captain’s granddaughter
Would celebrate her birthday
“I’ve come a long way,” said the Captain,
“From Lost Christabel this night.
Accompanied by my dog familiar,
To blast your rafters with my surprise.
Granddaughter, It’s a foreign mirror
Taken from the jungle by crime!”

~ Blue Oyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:17:59 AM
Retroscribe81 (241)
(Bill H) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Sorry I was on vacation and didn't follow the forums, but I wanted to say a couple things:

1) This whole new Top-Rated Seller thing is kinda dumb, but I'm going along with it. And, I also think it will very possible to get away with just printing your label the next day, and maybe shipping it the following day, after a discussion with an eBay customer service rep.

2) I don't think I've ever once had an issue with someone using me for a "rental" - though I have certainly worried about it. There are easier ways to play a game for free these days.

3) Don't ever gift a payment to someone. I finally got fucked.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:33:05 AM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Just saw this one pop up on CL. Entire body of the ad:

I have a sega (maybe 2) controllers and about 20 games in original boxes. Give offer.

wtf do they expect people to respond to that. so aggravating.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Mar 13, 2012 at 3:37:53 PM
Retroscribe81 (241)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Lincoln

Just saw this one pop up on CL. Entire body of the ad:

I have a sega (maybe 2) controllers and about 20 games in original boxes. Give offer.

wtf do they expect people to respond to that. so aggravating.

That's one of the best ways to get stuff.  Most people have that same aggravation and don't even respond.  I email or call/text them and nicely ask for the game list, and I've found some great stuff that way.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:20:55 PM
MarioMania (10)
(Danny Scalero) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: Korn Cakes

Bought Sky Kid CIB from Amazon last week in "very good" condition. When I got it in the mail today, it was in a FUCKING bubble mailer, the hang tab is ripped almost all the way off, the box looks like shit, and the manual is bent all over the place.

I suppose I took a risk by buying from Amazon, but nobody in the world would look at this and say that it's "very good."

That's why I e-mail first, even on ebay..if I don't get a respones...I don't get the item

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:53:52 AM
webb8514 (11)
(Vesuvius Charleston) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: linktothepastgaming

Sorry I was on vacation and didn't follow the forums, but I wanted to say a couple things:

1) This whole new Top-Rated Seller thing is kinda dumb, but I'm going along with it. And, I also think it will very possible to get away with just printing your label the next day, and maybe shipping it the following day, after a discussion with an eBay customer service rep.

2) I don't think I've ever once had an issue with someone using me for a "rental" - though I have certainly worried about it. There are easier ways to play a game for free these days.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your gift payment debacle? I've known people and heard on NA that it can be sketchy (sorry to hear about your loss).

My NES cartridge collection:  208/768 (27.08%)

Just got a 3DS - looking to start a DS/3DS collection. If you have any games you'd like to part with (preferably with case), PM me.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:01:09 AM
Retroscribe81 (241)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: webb8514

Originally posted by: linktothepastgaming

If you don't mind me asking, what was your gift payment debacle? I've known people and heard on NA that it can be sketchy (sorry to hear about your loss).

Eh, well, it might be getting worked out.  Basically I bought a Neo Geo CD system and some games from a guy on another forum for a couple hundred dollars.  Been 2 weeks, no items, no response to PM.  He finally claims they were shipped and should be here tomorrow.  Still no tracking.

We'll see.

It's sketchy if you haven't dealt with the person before.  Anyone can go rogue.  Ask some of the long-standing members here.  They'll tell you horror stories about once-well-respected guys.

I don't mind gifting if I have dealt with the person before, but still a risk.

Mar 16, 2012 at 2:52:39 AM
Super Slash (0)
(Jesse Winstead) < Lolo Lord >
Louisiana
I'll c/p my Gamestop/UPS rant here:

I pre-ordered Tales of Graces f on...the 6th, I believe. Everything was going well; I got my pre-order code on the 13th, and the game's last stop was in Mississippi, in a city about 2 or so hours away from me. It's been there since Tuesday. It was originally scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, then was pushed back to Thursday. It still hasn't arrived, and now there's no arrival date whatsoever. Apparently the people in Jackson, MS (where the package is at now) are going to try resolving this, but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. This is ridiculous. =/

Next time I pre-order anything, it will be in-store.

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:50:04 AM
Khyron (0)
(Goncalo 8-Bit) < Crack Trooper >
United States
This one is out there.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE...

Should I call you for breakfast or will you like cook it for me? MTV B&B

Mar 18, 2012 at 3:46:03 PM
KingYoshi (66)
(William Reed) < Meka Chicken >
Virginia
SEALED GAMES DON"T BELONG IN BUBBLE MAILERS EBAY GUY!!! that is all...

Check out my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...
PLEASE contact me immediately if you have any of the following orphans for sale....Rule of Rose (PS2) manual only, Kuon (PS2) case and manual only, Haunting Ground (PS2) case and manual only.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:12:34 PM
NintendoTwizer (172)
(Aaron N) < King Solomon >
Wyoming
Here's one for everyone:

Some ebay sellers are just dumb scammers... Judge Judy tells it like it is.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:31:22 PM
rokushadows (111)
(J M) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: NintendoTwizer

Here's one for everyone:

Some ebay sellers are just dumb scammers... Judge Judy tells it like it is.

That was so great. I wish we could take all of our eBay cases to her.

Get instant notifications for new eBay listings - http://www.auctionalert.io/...

PM me for a free forever account with full site access.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:11:31 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I finally put one of these "Wanted, Old Video Games" ads on Craigslist a few days ago. I got a response I wanted to share with you, here is goes.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T
Ok. So here are what I have
1. Super. Nintendo. W 3 games. 3std controllers
Games are s m bro, street fighter II andmortal combat
2. Nintendo64. W 2controllers and 5 games
Games are Pokemon snap x2 pokemon stadium star wars and Tarzan
3.sega. gennisis. W 2 controllers. No games
4. Sony playstation w 7 games 1std controller. And one wireless
games are need f speed high stakes r4 ridge racer type 4 motor racer nascar 98 hardcore 4x4 and jeramy mg supercross 98
And their are other controllers. Old school rd switch dreamcast remote. Couple joystick for Origanal. Nintendo bunch of wires all kinds of stuff.
well what u think quit the collection. Of stuff ion tried of looking at. Call me XXXXXX

I send him this. (All of this is dirty and beat to hell just FYI)

Hi XXXXXX. I looked through your list of games and I could offer you $45 for everything. The old PS1 systems are hard to even give away and the Genesis is almost the same way. Let me know what you can do, thanks!

I get this brilliant response back.

Yeah! I don't Belive I will do that hell I should get $45 for digging that junk out ands putting the email togather so I thought was a collector not reselling them. If you come up with a better number theirs more I just haven't dug it all out that was the older stuff

Apparently I need to give him $45 for just digging this stuff out. I guess sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying.

Those SNES STD controllers might be interesting....   

Damn, that wasn't much of a rant. Fuck all of you Craigslist flakes that think your junk is worth more than gold!! There, is that better?

Edited: 03/21/2012 at 06:15 PM by Laserman

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:11:39 PM
Indigo_Streetlight (48)
(John Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Maryland
Originally posted by: laserman81

I finally put one of these "Wanted, Old Video Games" ads on Craigslist a few days ago. I got a response I wanted to share with you, here is goes.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT&T
Ok. So here are what I have
1. Super. Nintendo. W 3 games. 3std controllers
Games are s m bro, street fighter II andmortal combat
2. Nintendo64. W 2controllers and 5 games
Games are Pokemon snap x2 pokemon stadium star wars and Tarzan
3.sega. gennisis. W 2 controllers. No games
4. Sony playstation w 7 games 1std controller. And one wireless
games are need f speed high stakes r4 ridge racer type 4 motor racer nascar 98 hardcore 4x4 and jeramy mg supercross 98
And their are other controllers. Old school rd switch dreamcast remote. Couple joystick for Origanal. Nintendo bunch of wires all kinds of stuff.
well what u think quit the collection. Of stuff ion tried of looking at. Call me XXXXXX
$45 is kinda generous for diseased stuff, I might've offered $20

That night the Captain’s granddaughter
Would celebrate her birthday
“I’ve come a long way,” said the Captain,
“From Lost Christabel this night.
Accompanied by my dog familiar,
To blast your rafters with my surprise.
Granddaughter, It’s a foreign mirror
Taken from the jungle by crime!”

~ Blue Oyster Cult - Magna of Illusion

Edited: 03/22/2012 at 06:12 PM by Indigo_Streetlight

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:45:46 PM
koolaidman (2)
(P.J. ------) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
I found this notice an an auction while scouring ebay today:

"FREE Shipping if you use the Buy It Now. Otherwise shipping will be $3.00. This is for USA only. Thanks!"

The kicker? Starting bid is $22, buy it now is $25. Why would you even bid?

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:50:51 AM
mlbfan10 (100)
(Jason Trogdon) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Bought four games from Amazon and they arrived just in a box with just the games inside. All the game received corner pokes and tears in the seal because of it. Refund time, ugh.