< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: dqualls187

Originally posted by: XYZ

Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

2016 is going to be a very sad and empty year for Nintendo

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

2016, the year the Vita basically dies and Nintendo takes total control again of the handheld market. 3DS is killing it now, and with 999 part 3*coming out in 2 months as well as all that's been released so far in 2016, I'm not thinking sad or empty at all.

*the conclusion to the trilogy that began on DS, and one of the best game series of the past generation.

Everyone raves about that series but i just can't get into it :/ guess its not my style. Ita kinda like the Persona series and The World Ends With You, everyone raves about em and i've never been able to get into em.

It is a masterpiece of a genre that includes graphic adventures like Broken Sword series or even stuff like Shadowgate. I guess you gotta be a fan of reading and point and click to get into it, which I totally get that some people don't dig that genre - but for those who do like a visual novel / graphic adventure, this series is by far the best of the last 2 gens.

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:03:13 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

2016, the year the Vita basically dies and Nintendo takes total control again of the handheld market. 3DS is killing it now, and with 999 part 3*coming out in 2 months as well as all that's been released so far in 2016, I'm not thinking sad or empty at all.

*the conclusion to the trilogy that began on DS, and one of the best game series of the past generation.

Everyone raves about that series but i just can't get into it :/ guess its not my style. Ita kinda like the Persona series and The World Ends With You, everyone raves about em and i've never been able to get into em.
999 was fantastic and I actually just bought Virtue's Last Reward last week so I'm looking forward to trying it. Forgot they were making a third game in the series, yeah that's one more I will be buying. I still think 3DS's 2016 offerings pale in comparison to past years. But 2016 is certainly a sad time for Wii U owners or people that were looking forward to NX. Wii U has nothing to get excited about. It's pretty much dead.

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:04:34 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Yeah, i think thats what it is, im not into those kinda games, i tried both 999 and Zero Escape and wasn't into em. Sold my copies actually around the same time i sold all my Persona games and the World Ends With You! i hung onto Persona 4 as i do want to try and get into it again some day.

-------------------------
"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:14:11 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

Not if you're a 3ds fan!

999 was fantastic and I actually just bought Virtue's Last Reward last week so I'm looking forward to trying it. Forgot they were making a third game in the series, yeah that's one more I will be buying. I still think 3DS's 2016 offerings pale in comparison to past years. But 2016 is certainly a sad time for Wii U owners or people that were looking forward to NX. Wii U has nothing to get excited about. It's pretty much dead.

I agree about Wii U. I still don't own one myself. Nintendo is a weird company and sometimes their decisions make no sense to Westerners but probably make all the sense in the world to their Japanese board of directors. I personally don't get why they continue to market their system/games/entire company as a kid's friendly kinda thing. If Nintendo created a few IP's of franchises with adults in mind, it could go a long way because we all know they know quality like no other. 999 is one of the only M rated series and it's by a third party (Aksys) but is also on Vita. They had Eternal Darkness and dropped it. They had Fatal Frame IV and failed to do a NTSC release. And where the hell is a new F-Zero or Metroid or Punch Out or numerous other titles. They did good with Kid Icarus and tried but failed with both Chibi Robo and now Star Fox, but I won't lie, I am so sick of new Mario and Zelda games only because they keep flushing them out while leaving other kick ass franchises to collect dust. I would love to hear how they justify that decision.

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 01:16 PM by XYZ

Apr 27, 2016 at 1:32:45 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Well, Twilight Princess was released both on the GC and as the Wii lanuch title (that Wii Sports game doesn't count)...you guys happen to remember which one I liked better and why? Perhaps this time also this Zelda game was really made for the WiiU and the NX one is just an afterthought with eh, weird controls and maybe a teensy bit better graphics. That's just my guess.

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 01:33 PM by Estil

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:02:16 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York

I agree about Wii U. I still don't own one myself. Nintendo is a weird company and sometimes their decisions make no sense to Westerners but probably make all the sense in the world to their Japanese board of directors. I personally don't get why they continue to market their system/games/entire company as a kid's friendly kinda thing. If Nintendo created a few IP's of franchises with adults in mind, it could go a long way because we all know they know quality like no other. 999 is one of the only M rated series and it's by a third party (Aksys) but is also on Vita. They had Eternal Darkness and dropped it. They had Fatal Frame IV and failed to do a NTSC release. And where the hell is a new F-Zero or Metroid or Punch Out or numerous other titles. They did good with Kid Icarus and tried but failed with both Chibi Robo and now Star Fox, but I won't lie, I am so sick of new Mario and Zelda games only because they keep flushing them out while leaving other kick ass franchises to collect dust. I would love to hear how they justify that decision.
Yeah Nintendo of today is a far cry of Nintendo of the 80s and 90s. I tried to fall in love with the Wii U, or at least enjoy it, but it just never happened. I loved Pikmin 3, Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Kart 8 but 3 games don't make a console as far as I'm concerned. Speaking of leaving fans of other franchises out to dry, they barely delivered on ANY of their franchises. Mario was pretty much the only one well represented. Zelda got two ports and a button masher spinoff. Animal Crossing got a really lame excuse for a board game, Star Fox's game was good but nothing special, F-Zero was completely absent, and Metroid got nothing as well. Even on 3DS Metroid is getting a spinoff and Chibi-Robo was boring and forgettable. Kid Icarus is a great game but it could've been MUCH better if they released it on Wii U. The decisions they make are questionable at best. And it's sad to say but I am constantly losing interest in anything new they put out.

Apr 27, 2016 at 2:18:42 PM
AutisAwsome (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
England
I'm OK with the E3 and NX. I wasn't ready for another console yet as I am still gaining money from the last consoles I bought lol. X3 Wii U and ps4 have very good games which will last me a good while anyways but I am disapinted the new Zelda title wont be released soon. The 3DS is still going strong for titles though so I can get my Nintendo on :3

Sanity is boring and over-rated. Join the madhouse! X3

Why not check out my youtube channel? It has lets plays and reviews :3
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChpaorS55Z_NmfIA3OuItqQ

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:47:09 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
There are so many different trade shows for the NX to show up at that I think it will be fine. With the ps4k and VR coming out pushing it out to March is a good idea. Let people get through the holidays and have the spring be clear for Nintendo.

I really hope they do it right with a strong system with architecture that 3rd party developers will use. Then start spitting out all their franchises. The new starfox is fun but for every game like that there are a few bad titles and another Mario/Zelda. Bring back first party variety to the home console.

Either way this is a planned day one purchase for me. My girlfriend will not be happy if she doesn't have zelda.

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 05:47 PM by zeppelin03

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:33:14 PM
GreatGadon (3)
(Robert ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
Works for me, I should have enough money next year to pick it up. This year has not been kind.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:01:47 AM
BilltownSparty (87)
(Ben ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I have so much to catch up on gamewise this is actually kind of a relief! I hope they just take their time and make sure when they launch people know what it is and they do a good job of marketing. I havent disliked a nintendo console yet so this will be a day 1 buy for me!

Currently Playing mario sunshine, Lost vikings and paper mario color splash hd

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:28:12 AM
Zilch (8)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
I think it's a good thing give a lot more time to play the games I missed on the wii u. My biggest hope is that this generation offers a lot more I felt the xbone,PS4, and Wii u have not been the best-supported consoles all of them didn't have great extensive libraries like the last generation. I'm especially disappointed in the Wii u since they offered a really unique console set up with the Wii pad and they really didn't do that much with it or at least use it to it's potential. I'm actually curious if they're going to keep that controller or drop it for the NX.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:40:22 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Zilch

I think it's a good thing give a lot more time to play the games I missed on the wii u. My biggest hope is that this generation offers a lot more I felt the xbone,PS4, and Wii u have not been the best-supported consoles all of them didn't have great extensive libraries like the last generation. I'm especially disappointed in the Wii u since they offered a really unique console set up with the Wii pad and they really didn't do that much with it or at least use it to it's potential. I'm actually curious if they're going to keep that controller or drop it for the NX.

If they decide to drop the bullshit gimmicks (like the Wii mote, Wii Pad, etc), then I think they'll sell a lot more units. If the NX gets released with a reasonably designed controller, I will certainly buy one. Most of my friends feel the same way.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:44:04 PM
mmxforever (9)
(Dan S) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
Sweet just in time for my birthday .

Only downer is the E3 news but really with EA and Activision skipping it this year and Nintendo releasing Directs every few months, E3 doesn't have the same luster it used to.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:58:02 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Welp, now I have to buy this damn thing. I can't stand my wiiU so bad and I am so disapointed in it Im thinking of selling it for cheap (and I NEVER sell consoles)

Please Nintendo just make a solid console up to par with Current gen with nothing gimicky. With a decent online service. Or if it is gimicky, make sure it works well.

Super stoked about zelda. I might take the day off to pick up the NX and zelda (assuming it launches with the system)

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:41:34 AM
Dangoo87 (1)
< Meka Chicken >
England
I think they are doing the right thing by releasing zelda with the release of the nx. the one thing the wii u lacked was a big first party game on release. all it had was mario and 15 other 3rd party re-releases.

Currently Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Recently Completed: Shovel Knight

May 5, 2016 at 9:29:38 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

May 5, 2016 at 9:48:56 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Welp, now I have to buy this damn thing. I can't stand my wiiU so bad and I am so disapointed in it Im thinking of selling it for cheap (and I NEVER sell consoles)

Please Nintendo just make a solid console up to par with Current gen with nothing gimicky. With a decent online service. Or if it is gimicky, make sure it works well.

Super stoked about zelda. I might take the day off to pick up the NX and zelda (assuming it launches with the system)
Yeah I feel the same about Wii U. I wasn't a big fan of Wii but Wii U disappointed me even more in most respects. It had a handful of quality titles, sure, all Nintendo systems did, but my system collected a ton of dust over the 3 1/2 years I've had it and I rarely felt motivated to really play it a lot. For a while I thought I was losing interest in Nintendo or losing interest in video games in general, but I never had a problem getting into and playing 3DS which is modern Nintendo, and lately I've playing PS4 primarily and getting into that. So it's not that I'm losing interest in Nintendo or games, the Wii U just did not click with me at all. I am waiting til I find out more about the NX before I judge it and say I will or won't get it, but I'm very much on the fence at this point, I might not get it at all. I too almost sold my Wii U, but I decided to keep it for a few reasons: Pikmin 4, Yoshi's Woolly World, and the new Zelda since I'll be getting it for Wii U rather than NX since I don't even know if I will be getting an NX at all.

May 5, 2016 at 11:52:52 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: empire

They keep putting out good Wii U games.

They do?

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

May 5, 2016 at 12:19:10 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Just saw that Nintendo is doing a trehouse event for e3 over a Nintendo Direct. They are really trying to minimize their presence this year. Hopefully this doesn't bite them in the ass.

May 6, 2016 at 1:03:05 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I haven't bought a new console since the Wii came out. I simply don't want to have to go out and buy a new console every 3-4 years.

And what I just said is one reason why mobile gaming is becoming more attractive to Nintendo...people are getting less and less inclined to buy a new console after a few years but ironically many have no problems spending the same kind of coin on a cell phone every 3-4 years.

May 6, 2016 at 2:40:26 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I literally play my wii u almost daily. Dont get the collecting dust hate. As long as the NX is physical media im in. Wont buy it day 1. Will wait for the first nice bundle. Feels like all systems at launch eff up. Friends wii u got the blinking red light power failure which turned out to be a massive common problem with launch wii u's. I bought mine in a bundle a year later with no problems so far

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 05/06/2016 at 02:41 PM by quest4nes

May 6, 2016 at 5:59:58 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: quest4nes

I literally play my wii u almost daily. Dont get the collecting dust hate. As long as the NX is physical media im in. Wont buy it day 1. Will wait for the first nice bundle. Feels like all systems at launch eff up. Friends wii u got the blinking red light power failure which turned out to be a massive common problem with launch wii u's. I bought mine in a bundle a year later with no problems so far

I know my launch PS4 gave me troubles.  The hdmi output would not work on startup about 10% of the time.  Thankfully with warranties it gets fixed but it is still dissapointing.  Hopefully Nintendo has better luck but I wouldn't hold my breath.

May 6, 2016 at 7:31:40 PM
Rooster (113)
(Michael Speakman) < Ridley Wrangler >
Japan
Originally posted by: zeppelin03

I know my launch PS4 gave me troubles.  The hdmi output would not work on startup about 10% of the time.  Thankfully with warranties it gets fixed but it is still dissapointing.  Hopefully Nintendo has better luck but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I've never had any issues with the PS4.  My Wii-U loves to freeze though.

May 6, 2016 at 9:12:52 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Rooster

ps4 had a bunch of launch consoles having the hdmi problem. The wii u's big problem with launch consoles was the blinking red light and not powering on.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

May 6, 2016 at 9:22:12 PM
zeppelin03 (62)
< El Ripper >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Rooster

ps4 had a bunch of launch consoles having the hdmi problem. The wii u's big problem with launch consoles was the blinking red light and not powering on.

That's the cost of being an early adopter. I just get excited and want to check out the newest stuff. Not much reason to really when it is only a minor improvements for the first year of two.