Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda not For resale gray version Mask! Could not find any pictures of a legit board

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:06:45 PM
mason2595 (21)
(nes seller and collector) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Hello,

I really need some help. I bought this zelda not for resale gray version and I didnt know people were creating fakes. I paid alot of money for this and thought it was legit but now I have doubts because the rom chip has not writing on it. I can not find any pictures of the board anywhere to compare it too.

-------------------------
  Check My Selling Pages

Aug 15, 2017 at 5:44:04 PM
theonering84 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
I'm not sure about the board, but I do know that there was recently (within the past 2 months) an ebay seller that made "reproductions" of this cart/demo and selling them for 50 bucks a piece. I actually vented about how angry it made me when I first learned about it, and then I was contemplating buying one myself, but I didn't. Needless to say, I wouldnt be surprised if someone bought one of those repros and tried to sell them for the price of a legit cart. I'd try to get your money back. Does it play like the demo does?

Aug 15, 2017 at 7:57:32 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
it looks like a legit board so as long as it plays the game you expect you should be fine. oem n64 boards don't use standard rom chips and afaik there's no way to repro a n64 game using an oem board and a drop in chip.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:44:57 PM
mason2595 (21)
(nes seller and collector) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Okay thanks!

It made me nervous as this zelda has lettering on the ROM

://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Zel...

Check My Selling Pages