Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zelda Chinese Bootleg Games I don't even..?

May 31, 2015 at 1:15:16 AM
Linkmon99 (1)
(Thomas ) < Crack Trooper >
Connecticut
Hey guys, so I've known about this for awhile now however recently youriofwind made a youtube video about one and it renewed my interest, it is an NES port of minish cap, styled in an rpg format..
video: 

Besides this game, there's also a nes port of a link to the past, seen here:

Someone on youtube even claimed to own a copy, and I was wondering if any of you actually know of some legit copies of these and more information about them, I'm kinda interested in it.

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:55:18 PM
greentaper (7)

(K A) < Tourian Tourist >
Indiana
These are Chinese games made for bootleg Famicom systems, which is a pretty common practice. There are also games based on Link's Awakening and Phantom Hourglass, though the latter is just a rebranded version of the Minish Cap game you posted. Most of these Zelda games were made by a company called Waixing, who made a number of games based on existing IPs, including Resident Evil and World of Warcraft off the top of my head. Supposedly they also released a Chinese translation of the original Legend of Zelda, but I've never actually seen this for myself. The packaging for these games is kind of cool, though noticeably cheap/low quality; Genesis style plastic cases, with shiny cover inserts and color manuals. I own a few of them, so there are definitely some "legit" copies floating around.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:10:16 PM
Linkmon99 (1)
(Thomas ) < Crack Trooper >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: greentaper

These are Chinese games made for bootleg Famicom systems, which is a pretty common practice. There are also games based on Link's Awakening and Phantom Hourglass, though the latter is just a rebranded version of the Minish Cap game you posted. Most of these Zelda games were made by a company called Waixing, who made a number of games based on existing IPs, including Resident Evil and World of Warcraft off the top of my head. Supposedly they also released a Chinese translation of the original Legend of Zelda, but I've never actually seen this for myself. The packaging for these games is kind of cool, though noticeably cheap/low quality; Genesis style plastic cases, with shiny cover inserts and color manuals. I own a few of them, so there are definitely some "legit" copies floating around.

Thanks for the information, do you happen to own any of these zelda ones? I'm looking to aquire them possibly.

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:56:45 PM
nesmas12 (33)
(Colour dreams) < Eggplant Wizard >
California
I wouldn't bother with a link to the past. Theres a game killing glitch at the caterpillar boss where the game crashes. SO much for play testing. I own many Waixing titles and they all are a mixed bag with some only working on clone consoles.