Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Yard Sale Find finally it happened to me

Jul 15 at 1:10:27 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
I saw a facebook post for a fundraising swapmeet last Saturday and took the kids shopping. After I paid mere coins for the TMNT toys I saw a table where a teen was selling a boxed 3DS for $40 CAD and I only had $32 left so he agreed to sell me the console at that price, which is pretty sweet. We were just chatting about gaming when his mom appeared and I asked her if, by chance, she also had any old videogames she wasn't playing anymore.

Well she did. They weren't even displayed. She was nervous about it because she didn't manage to test everything, but she has brought "an old nintendo" . You can imagine I was becoming happy with our conversation. Turns out it was a great looking SNES, no yellowing and she had a bunch of games. Amongst which, if you can't see it on the pic, there was Super Turrican 2. $20 CAD WELL SPENT.

So yeah, total spent on the picture was $65CAD.

Jul 15 at 1:12:40 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Damn very nice.

-------------------------

Jul 15 at 1:13:38 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Congrats!!!

Jul 15 at 1:15:11 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
So wait.... you told the kid all you had left was $32 when in fact you had another $20 for the SNES stuff? 😜
Good score either way. Congrats.

Jul 15 at 1:37:09 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Wow! Very nice!

Jul 15 at 1:43:54 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Richardhead

So wait.... you told the kid all you had left was $32 when in fact you had another $20 for the SNES stuff? 😜

His mom agreed to an interac transfer. Which is good, I didn't want to risk going to an atm to get cash and having someone else buy the damn thing now that it was in sight.

Jul 15 at 1:47:46 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: WhyNotZoidberg

His mom agreed to an interac transfer. Which is good, I didn't want to risk going to an atm to get cash and having someone else buy the damn thing now that it was in sight.

Literally one of my worries is not to have cash on me at a garage sale. I play the odds sometimes though and will stop with no money knowing damn well I am going to come up empty handed. lol

Jul 15 at 1:51:03 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Originally posted by: WhyNotZoidberg

Literally one of my worries is not to have cash on me at a garage sale. I play the odds sometimes though and will stop with no money knowing damn well I am going to come up empty handed. lol

Yeah I had cash, but it was spent already. I probably would have left the 3DS there or ask that they put it aside while I went to get money to secure the SNES lot since it was from the same table.

(edit was a typo)

Edited: 07/15/2019 at 01:51 PM by WhyNotZoidberg

Jul 15 at 1:51:12 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Nice!!!

Jul 15 at 1:53:19 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Seeing TMNT, a Casio SA-46, and a SNES with games all in one pic hits me in the nostalgia feels. lol Great score!

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Jul 15 at 1:55:02 PM
Strikezone1 (1)
(Steve ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Michigan
Wow helluva nice score! Super Turrican 2 alone makes this a great deal.

Jul 15 at 2:32:35 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: BouncekDeLemos

Seeing TMNT, a Casio SA-46, and a SNES with games all in one pic hits me in the nostalgia feels. lol Great score!

Right? It's like walking into 11yr old me's bedroom.

Jul 15 at 3:44:18 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Wow, I would have definitely gone back to give her more money.

Jul 15 at 3:54:44 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: bootload

Why? Because one of the games is more valuable?

Without Super Turrican 2, I'm still looking at 25% of the retail value for the SNES lot and maybe 30% of the retail value for the CIB 3DS.

Jul 15 at 4:03:14 PM
dougmanct (2)

< Tourian Tourist >

Silly rabbit. The correct protocol is to talk her down as low as possible, then brag on every internet forum possible about how you caught her slipping.

also, wait 24 hours, then post the most expensive game for sale at full retail price.

thats how this works.

Jul 15 at 4:25:43 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

I had somebody talk me down to $10 on something because "that was all they had left".   Dude pulled out his wallet to get that last $10 and had to move a couple fifties out of the way.

I was tempted to tell him that I had change for a $50, but I would have taken $10 regardless so I didn't want to be a dick.

Jul 15 at 4:25:56 PM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
Quebec
Originally posted by: dougmanct

Silly rabbit. The correct protocol is to talk her down as low as possible, then brag on every internet forum possible about how you caught her slipping.

also, wait 24 hours, then post the most expensive game for sale at full retail price.

thats how this works.

No no no. You catch fellow hunters slippin', or maybe you catch an actual store slippin', but this is an honest purchase.

And the first order is to make this baby shine by removing the unsightly stickers, glue and marker residues.

I cleaned the contacts last night and tested everything. I played Super Turrican for about 2 hours straight and it's great.

Now I'm not a SNES guy so I'll definitely sell this off, but at a fair-for-all price in my local circle. Then I'll use the coins from that on older Nintender tapes. Or 3DO.

Edited: 07/15/2019 at 04:26 PM by WhyNotZoidberg

Jul 15 at 5:50:26 PM
Katchii (23)
< Meka Chicken >
Florida
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I had somebody talk me down to $10 on something because "that was all they had left".   Dude pulled out his wallet to get that last $10 and had to move a couple fifties out of the way.

I was tempted to tell him that I had change for a $50, but I would have taken $10 regardless so I didn't want to be a dick.

Buyers are liars!

Jul 15 at 6:07:32 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois

You’re much kinder than me. I would not have accepted that BS. I am ok with being talked down, but I hate deceit like that.

Jul 15 at 6:41:52 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

You’re much kinder than me. I would not have accepted that BS. I am ok with being talked down, but I hate deceit like that.

It's not like he talked me down to the point of charity; he could have just said "would you take $10?" and I would have accepted anyway.

The tactic that will get you $0 off- "But you have two of them!"    My response to that is "yes, and I started the day with five".

Jul 15 at 7:20:40 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

It's not like he talked me down to the point of charity; he could have just said "would you take $10?" and I would have accepted anyway.

The tactic that will get you $0 off- "But you have two of them!"    My response to that is "yes, and I started the day with five".

I always put different bills in every pocket I have. I don’t lie. I just simply ask “would you take x amount”. Then I don’t have to shuffle around other bills and know which pockets to pick from to get x amount. 

But as a a seller I either accept an offer or not despite if the buyer could be lying or not. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 15 at 7:22:55 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I always put different bills in every pocket I have. I don’t lie. I just simply ask “would you take x amount”. Then I don’t have to shuffle around other bills and know which pockets to pick from to get x amount. 

But as a a seller I either accept an offer or not despite if the buyer could be lying or not. 

You got that Festers Quest or what? I won’t talk ya down 😜

Jul 15 at 7:45:09 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

You got that Festers Quest or what? I won’t talk ya down 😜
Quote train derail! Lol

you know I got you Richie! Gonna send you a pic because I got a little lot you might be interested in. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Jul 15 at 11:05:28 PM
LutherDestroysTheGond (85)
(Grumble Grumble) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
The real find was your time machine that took you back to 2008 for this lot

WTB:
Mega Man X2 box & manual
Mega Man X3 manual
Zelda 2 Trash Can

Jul 18 at 9:57:27 AM
matchbook (36)
(Marcus ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Nice score!

WTB Thread:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Trade Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...