Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2019-2020 Season Thread

Sep 20 at 6:21:53 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
I read that his contract includes language that his signing bonus would be voided if he performs conduct detrimental to the respect and public image of the team. Posting pictures of the poor girl's kids is really god damn low and pitiful. Never mind all the other dumb twitter and Instagram nonsense he's posted in the week and a half he has been with the team. Knowing how the pats are run, he was warned, committed the same social media infraction, and was subsequently released. When you are on the pats, if you don't get in line, you are out. Doesn't matter who you are. Moss was traded when he got some attitude. Collins was dealt for freelancing in the prime of his career, Hayneswoth, Ocho, etc. If you act above the team, you will be out!

Kiss the remainder of that signing bonus goodbye! I think it was 5 mil due to be paid this Monday!

Damn shame. He did it to himself

-------------------------
FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 20 at 6:27:34 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Originally posted by: MrMark0673

You don't need to do anything criminal to have a character that is completely indefensible.

Ignore this last text message exchange.
Ignore the sexual assault allegations.
Ignore anything that he did since he signed with the Pats.

He's a self righteous piece of dog shit. Shot his way out of town in Pittsburgh. Shot his way out of town in Oakland. Found the only team both dumb enough to sign him AND with a history of righting sinking ships, and he couldn't keep his nose clean.

He'll be on a reality D list tv show in two years and on a TMZ down and out bit 2 years later.

See ya.
14-2

sounds like this pile on was all started in motion prior to the signing though. I think he just wanted to play , but all this stuff just came out of the woodworks. It was shear quantity at this point. Media and opportunists blew this waaaaaaaaaaay up to the point where the patriots probably were sick of all the attention.

I dont really see what else he could have done with the patriots. He probably was fine once signed. All thse people coming to collect theirs now. His name is already worthless now. People acting like this is some greg hardy level stuff and its kinda silly to me. No charges filed. No criminal case. Just people wanting money. 

Im not saying hes a good person, just the fact that of the stuff Ive heard and seen I dont see whats so different at this second than a week ago, besides the fact now he lost his job.

It was said on local sports radio the deadline to sign the settlement on the sexial assault suit was Midnight on the say he was signed. He neglected to inform the Patriots about pending litigation against him. Could have just paid the girl off, and no one hears about any of this. Then he just moonwalks to a Lombardi and canton. His ego can't handle feeling like he lost this one.

He would still be a shitty human being. Just not a foolish one at that.

Sep 20 at 6:28:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: kguillemette

I read that his contract includes language that his signing bonus would be voided if he performs conduct detrimental to the respect and public image of the team. Posting pictures of the poor girl's kids is really god damn low and pitiful. Never mind all the other dumb twitter and Instagram nonsense he's posted in the week and a half he has been with the team. Knowing how the pats are run, he was warned, committed the same social media infraction, and was subsequently released. When you are on the pats, if you don't get in line, you are out. Doesn't matter who you are. Moss was traded when he got some attitude. Collins was dealt for freelancing in the prime of his career, Hayneswoth, Ocho, etc. If you act above the team, you will be out!

Kiss the remainder of that signing bonus goodbye! I think it was 5 mil due to be paid this Monday!

Did he post a picture of her kids. I thought that was a private text that was leaked. When reading it , it read as if he was like " Yeah thats her and her kids, we need to look into this girl  because she is broke and making things up"

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 20 at 6:33:27 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Did he post a picture of her kids. I thought that was a private text that was leaked. When reading it , it read as if he was like " Yeah thats her and her kids, we need to look into this girl  because she is broke and making things up"

I haven't seen the picture, but the context I have heard is that he posted the text message chain that include said photo to Instagram with the caption "How broke is this bitch". OMF (local sports radio show) was all over this.

Sep 21 at 10:01:27 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa

Pretty funny coming from the franchise with arguably the most unethical behavior of them all.  How many "gates" are there named after Patriots incidents lol.  Glad AB got released, I am BEYOND sick of hearing his name from every single analyst, blogger, media outlet - hell I think he was pictured on the side of my milk carton.

Sep 21 at 12:08:27 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Pretty funny coming from the franchise with arguably the most unethical behavior of them all.  How many "gates" are there named after Patriots incidents lol.  Glad AB got released, I am BEYOND sick of hearing his name from every single analyst, blogger, media outlet - hell I think he was pictured on the side of my milk carton.

The bottom line is he is to stupid to be a Patriot. Its no loss, really. It's fun to think about "what could have been," but he would have gotten himself suspended or exempted sooner or later. If would only be painful to the team if he were be around long enough to be in the playbook.

NE doesn't need him.NE already has a driveway full of Lexuses. It would be nice to add another one, but we'll live. For example. Prior to his release, we were -24.5 vs the Jets this Sunday. Now we are merely -22. Oh no, gonna be a nail biter, now!

Sep 22 at 6:06:55 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Missed the whole game, except the 4th quarter of the Patriots due to being on call at work in Boston today. Still a win, especially with the Pats defense tearing it up. I'll have to catch the highlights tonight or tomorrow morning at the gym.

Sep 22 at 7:26:04 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Wow Bucs. That was terrible.

Sep 22 at 8:12:47 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Through 3 games, NE Defense has given up a total of 3 points. They have scored more points than they have given up. I know it was against the Jets and Phins, but still!

Sep 22 at 8:16:59 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Well on the bright side, Boston won't get a baseball title this year. God forbid they only average one a season

Some people don't know how spoiled they are with things falling in their laps  

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Sep 22 at 8:23:18 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Yes, I know we NE fans are spoiled. I've said it before and I'll say it again: When the Brady/Belichick era ends, I will not be mad if the Pats never win again. They have been dominate about half my life, which is insane to think about.

Sep 22 at 8:27:03 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Damn niners had what 5 turnovers today and the steelers could only get away with 2 FGs? Woof.

3-0!

Sep 22 at 8:45:37 PM
kguillemette (13)

New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Well on the bright side, Boston won't get a baseball title this year. God forbid they only average one a season

Some people don't know how spoiled they are with things falling in their laps  

Believe me, I get upset at years with no titles! Hell, The Celtics with their 3 conference finals appearances in a row was unacceptable without a title! I may not even get to see a quadrifecta will all 4 sports titles in a single year!

It's hard being a fan of Boston sports. We still look at the 28 banners hanging in at Yankee Stadium and get get insecure about that.

Sep 22 at 9:21:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Dallas hasn't won since i was 10

This years team defensively still needs to come together, but man this offense is so much better.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Sep 22 at 9:22:42 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Damn niners had what 5 turnovers today and the steelers could only get away with 2 FGs? Woof.

3-0!
49ERS 3-0!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 23 at 10:46:35 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Man, this game has been a tale of two halves. My Bears were killing it early on, but they haven't looked great in the second half. Hope they can close it out.

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Sep 24 at 5:12:06 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
All I'm hearing is excuses for why the guaranteed 2019 super bowl champion eagles (as the media "experts" has told me) have lost games against mediocre opponents. They lost to the Falcons and the Lions. Great teams overcome injuries and get the job done. Eagles are now staring down the barrel of 1-3. Let's see people come up with more excuses if they lose to the Packers.

Sep 24 at 9:18:38 PM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Originally posted by: demanufacturedmario

Yes, I know we NE fans are spoiled. I've said it before and I'll say it again: When the Brady/Belichick era ends, I will not be mad if the Pats never win again. They have been dominate about half my life, which is insane to think about.

Co-signed. Of course, unless we invent a way to make it safer, the sport's probably doomed in the long run anyway, so might as well go out with a mega-dynasty bang.

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Sep 27 at 10:26:16 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Well that was a really UGLY game from the very first play last night. Two players hauled off in stretchers, really rough officiating - just awful. Eagles defense is straight dirty (ran by Schwartz), that hit on the first play of the game should have been an ejection.

Adams and Bulaga banged up, GB is in trouble heading to DAL next Sunday. GB's defense is much improved from yesteryear but apparently they forgot how to cover the run. Zeke is going to put up huge numbers on 10/6.

Sep 27 at 12:38:12 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Well that was a really UGLY game from the very first play last night. Two players hauled off in stretchers, really rough officiating - just awful. Eagles defense is straight dirty (ran by Schwartz), that hit on the first play of the game should have been an ejection.

Adams and Bulaga banged up, GB is in trouble heading to DAL next Sunday. GB's defense is much improved from yesteryear but apparently they forgot how to cover the run. Zeke is going to put up huge numbers on 10/6.

I'm hoping Green Bay being exposed on the ground this week leads them to fix it before next week. They have some extra days to rest and scheme. Hopefully they hand the Cowboy's their second loss   

Sep 30 at 10:56:16 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
What?!? Not 3 pages of hot debate over the Cowboys loss? Quest/Americasteam are yall okay?

Patriots got put up against the wall...what not 3 pages of back n forth.

NA must be dying.

Sep 30 at 11:06:56 AM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Bears D looked great despite Hicks and Smith being out. It will be interested what happens at QB.

Sep 30 at 11:12:00 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
The Saints did their job in giving the Cowboys their first loss. Now just need the Pack to come through, lol.

The Lions giving the KC all they could handle makes me feel a little better about that loss. Still, 7 drops in that game inexcusable on the Eagle's part.

Sep 30 at 11:19:43 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Redskins are a hot mess, but I'm not surprised. I thought we'd at least be a semi competitive 7-9 team but not even that. Gruden needs to go. Not that it is all his fault, but 6 seasons is a LOOOONG time for a Skins coach, especially a non winning one.

Didn't catch any of the Pats game but Brady's numbers were extremely pedestrian at best. Are the Bills actually any good? Thought they were a 3-0 pretender, not contender.

And how about those Bucs, amazing. Knocked me and about half of our eliminator pick league out this week. That's a case of a head coach change made right, always liked Arians and Winston has some talent if they can limit those INTs.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Edited: 09/30/2019 at 11:20 AM by jonebone

Sep 30 at 11:22:37 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
And for all the things the Skins do wrong, I'm glad we didn't pay Cousins the $84M. At least that's one move we did right. I always liked Cousins as a person, and he can put up some stats sometimes, but he can never win a big game. Ever. I don't know where he belongs in the realm of 32 starting QBs but definitely not in the top 10 like he's getting paid.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=