Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dementium on the DS

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:32:00 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Anyone pick this title up? It scored pretty high on all the reviews I've read, getting an 8 out of 10 on most of them. It's a horror-style mystery FPS type game.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone else picked this up. Wouldn't mind having someone to bug when I get stuck (ie: now).

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:36:01 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
are you saying you want me to buy this Kevin Find me a cheap copy and I will, hehe.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:53:54 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
I don't know if you'll be able to find a cheap copy. Apparently the game is selling like hot-cakes. I had to go to 4 different stores before I found a copy.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:39:12 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Third store I went to had it finally, and I must say this game is visually amazing along with chilling music. It reminds me of Half-life meets Resident evil. Def. the best graphics ive seen on the DS.

I got up to the roof and found out its best to just run there, the monsters keep climbing over the rails and you run out of life fast trying to beat them with your nightstick. And those damn roaches... i'm not even going to go into them.. lol

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Edited: 11/06/2007 at 10:40 PM by Penguin

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:40:42 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Have you gotten past Chapter 4: The Cleaver yet? I can't figure out how to kill the big ogre.

Nov 6, 2007 at 10:42:13 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Nope I just got to chapter 3, ill post when I get to 4 and find the ogre.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Nov 7, 2007 at 7:19:34 PM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
Dementium is fun as hell.

I've been playing it on my laptop since I'm waiting for my R4 to arrive ;_;...

Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Nov 14, 2007 at 9:21:34 AM
figgler (2)
(saac sloggett) < Crack Trooper >
Ontario
I really dig this game so far.  The atmosphere is everything in a horror game like this, and the DS is pulling it off far better than I would have thought.  The controls are pretty solid too, and I really like the idea that as the main character I have no idea what's going on.  No opening cinema or anything, you're just in a room. 
Where did this developer come from?  This is the first I've seen from them and it's pretty damn impressive.

Currently playing;
NES - WWF King of the Ring, Dragon Warrior IV
DS - Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, DK Jungle Climber
Wii - Link's Crossbow Training

Nov 14, 2007 at 2:24:06 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Apparently the two guys that run the game studio that did Dementium used to work in other studios, but wanted to really do their own thing, creating games that weren't being made. There is a nice blurb about them in the back of the manual.

P.S. - If anyone beats the ogre please let me know. I'm still stuck there.

Nov 16, 2007 at 11:03:12 AM
figgler (2)
Ontario
You got the shotgun right? 
It makes things a bit easier.  Mind you I haven't been able to slay him either, but I can get him about halfway dead

Currently playing;

Nov 16, 2007 at 1:59:01 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Yeah, I got the shotgun. I guess I figured there was just some special way to kill him. I can't seem to outrun him enough to turn around, shoot, and then run again.

Nov 16, 2007 at 3:17:48 PM
D4RK M4R10 (21)
(Adam ) < El Ripper >
New York
So many games to get when my R4 arrives >_> This one is on the top, then mario party DS (looks AWESOME)...

I iz jealous =[ I want to play it now...without lag and decent sound lol

Super Castlevania IV [SEALED] and Earthworm Jim 2 [SEALED] for Sale  http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Nov 19, 2007 at 4:30:17 AM
projectingstars (95)
(S. K.) < King Solomon >
Washington
Yeah, I got the shotgun. I guess I figured there was just some special way to kill him. I can't seem to outrun him enough to turn around, shoot, and then run again.

Yeah, took me forever to beat him. I would just shoot at him right away with the shotgun, run like hell, quickly turn and shoot again, and repeat.

My heart was going like 150 beats/min when I finally killed him!

Ch. 6 boss is a BITCH.

"Absurdity is what I like most in life, and there's humor in struggling in ignorance. If you saw a man repeatedly running into a wall until he was a bloody pulp, after a while it would make you laugh because it becomes absurd".

-David Lynch

Nov 20, 2007 at 1:09:58 PM
figgler (2)
Ontario
Okay forget it. 
This game is too hard for me.  I do have a long history of sucking ass at corridor shooters like this, but I find this game to be especially hard.
It was great fun for the first 3 levels, but I can't seem to make any progress against that ogre guy at all and I can't imagine things getting easier afterward. 

Currently playing;