Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Jul 6, 2015 at 8:02:53 AM
Genome_master (0)

< Cherub >
Greetings Everyone!

I'm a 28yo woman from South Africa. No, we don't keep lions in our backyards...pretty normal life out here. So I played nintendo as a kid, never owned a gameboy or handheld console. And so I end up babysitting a kid, and rediscovering Legend of Zelda on his Nintendo DS lite. I must be a true fan because the only reason I offered to babysit again is because I want to play with his co sole!!😱😂

I need some help though, I am looking at getting the new 3SD or new 3DS XL. I've been out and about doing my research on the net, and I've gone to a few stores to tey and get a first hand look at demo's....except no stores that are supposed to sell Nintendo have demo's in store. In addition to the dillema, I keep being told that they still have stock of the 2D and the DS XL (?), but they don't get anything new in because the South African market is leaning towards XBox and PS. 😳😱😭

It seems I will be purchasing online then. The problem is now that I can't make they choice between the new 3DS and new 3DS XL.

Deciding factors are the following:

1. I want to be completely submerged in the game, all the zelda games to start off with.
2. Orthopedic comfort is important, I have carpal tunnel syndrome.

My view on the new 3DS:

1. Worried about the screen size being too small. It seems to be the same size as my trusty old iphone 4s. I can't imagine being submerged in a game on a screen so tiny.
2. I like the build very much. From youtube reviews and photos it looks like a quality build, especially the matt finish. The hinges seem to rotate smoothly but is sturdy. Cover plates are a sweet optional extra.

the 3DS XL:

1. Obviously the bigger screen size would mean more submersion and less frustration.
2. I don't lnow if this model might be uncomfortable in lafies hands due to the size.
3. I dont like the plasticy finish, it looks like it gets oily after a while. The hinges also clack on rotation so it seems a bit cheap.

All in all I want a long lasting timeless durable co sole that is going to bring  me many hours of enjoyment in a fantasy world without getting hands that hurt and fall asleep and migraines and headaches from the screen size. This is difficult to decide on if you cannot hold both models in your hands to decide.

on top of everything, I can get hold of the limited edition majoras mask 3DSXl, with the game pre-installed and a scull kid statue. 

What do I buy??

any insight will be so much appreciated!