NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

World of Nintendo Display Cabinet

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:19:07 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
(Yeah, I'm a fat bastard.) < Meka Chicken >
Indiana

Right now I'm just checking on suggested pricing for the cabinet itself, not inclusive of all the stuff inside it. Any help is appreciated. I wanna say the whole thing is maybe seven feet tall by about five feet wide. But that is going from memory and a very rough estimate.

-------------------------
Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

"Tell him you'll break his A button pusher."
                                                  --Otto Hanson
"Unlike the Sega Genesis, which will give you cancer."
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:22:11 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
They're very popular, you'll have no issue getting rid of it if you do.

Not an expert on pricing but j believe people have said at least 1k in the past. Let the experts chime in there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:42:03 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Yeah, these are worth in the 1,000-1,500 range I believe. Give it a minute and our resident expert will notice this thread I'm sure lol

Aug 31, 2017 at 2:54:21 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
These came 4' wide and 5' wide. If yours is a 5' then it should command more than the smaller version.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 31, 2017 at 3:00:15 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
Indiana
Cool thanks folks. So $1k minimum is what's expected?

Every thread on this forum is very offensive.  Please lock every last goddammed one of them!

--Otto Hanson
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Aug 31, 2017 at 4:20:01 PM
PhearedPhool (75)
< El Ripper >
Oregon
There are a few things to look at. Is it all original or is that a replacement Nintendo sign on it? Also is there the original lighting in it? If it's cosmetically in good shape and all original hardware is present I feel it's at $1500 maybe more.

Looking for Nintendo signage/cabinets!!!

I have Exertainment Lifecycle 9xs for sale. Looking for NWC/low serial number SNES/NES and authorized repair center items.

Aug 31, 2017 at 4:30:38 PM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Is the sign original? Looks like a repro, that would impact the price.

Darf, missed the comment above asking same thing, sorry. 

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Edited: 08/31/2017 at 04:31 PM by Retrovision

Aug 31, 2017 at 4:39:26 PM
BigHero1006 (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Originally posted by: PhearedPhool

There are a few things to look at. Is it all original or is that a replacement Nintendo sign on it? Also is there the original lighting in it? If it's cosmetically in good shape and all original hardware is present I feel it's at $1500 maybe more.
I second that.  A seller at a local retro store had one on consignment and was asking 2K obo.  According to the shop owner it sold for $1700.00.

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Aug 31, 2017 at 6:35:10 PM
lojack44 (99)
(Logan M) < Kraid Killer >
California
I'd say 1300-1500 is fair. I'd buy it if you were in Cali or AZ

Aug 31, 2017 at 8:49:26 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
This in the M99X* model. Look in the inside top right of the cab for the model number. It appears not to be an XT. Same as the one I own.

The M series page on NA features mine and the pictures are from when I got it last year.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

The dimensions are 52"x48"x21" / 130lbs / 36.07cf

This is no doubt all original. Bottom cab steel shelf is there. The marquee is original. Do you have the lock bolts plus originl key?

I will be honest. I have had past offers on my cabinet exceeding $2500. People willing to drive across the country for it. These are an absolute centerpiece for anyone that has a valuable collection to display. Maybe I am biased but maybe not.

Edited: 08/31/2017 at 08:55 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:09:06 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: bigjt_2

Cool thanks folks. So $1k minimum is what's expected?

I wouldnt take less than $2000. This is premium Nintendo retail furniture. 😀 You dont see them for sale in great condition often at all. Especially this model. 

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:11:43 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Marquee is original. I have the same one on my display. I know just the top half has sold for $1250.

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:25:03 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I am now thinking the cabinet is not the OP's. From the way it sounds. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Aug 31, 2017 at 9:30:05 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Hmm. Good catch. I wouldn't be guessing the measurements if it were mine and for sale.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Sep 1, 2017 at 7:34:47 AM
bigjt_2 (17)
Indiana
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

I am now thinking the cabinet is not the OP's. From the way it sounds. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, I should have been more specific in the original post, as this is not my own. This was Jeff Kilgard's, the guy who passed recently. Myself and some other pals on the forum are helping his wife sell his stuff that she doesn't want to hang on to. Not sure when exactly we're going to put this up for sale, but I'm guessing soon. Right now I just wanted to research, which you all helped me out quite a bit on.

One more question: are there specific things we should be looking at to authenticate the hardware originality? I was talking to Jeff's wife last night and she said she doesn't remember him adding anything to it or adjusting it in any way.

--Otto Hanson
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing

Edited: 09/01/2017 at 07:38 AM by bigjt_2

Sep 1, 2017 at 3:18:38 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
I'm pretty sure he told me it was all original before J. T. But may be the beer talking.

Sep 2, 2017 at 6:33:16 PM
killerkobra (91)
(dean belmont) < Ridley Wrangler >
Alberta

Never seen the bottom half red in the front. Always grey. Also the top sign being rectangle instead of rounded on the ends is new to me also. Could just be a different model I am not aware of.

Sep 3, 2017 at 8:33:34 PM
dewisp02 (78)
(Mr. Jason) < Ridley Wrangler >
Indiana
Originally posted by: killerkobra

Never seen the bottom half red in the front. Always grey. Also the top sign being rectangle instead of rounded on the ends is new to me also. Could just be a different model I am not aware of.

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

This in the M99X* model. Look in the inside top right of the cab for the model number. It appears not to be an XT. Same as the one I own. The M series page on NA features mine and the pictures are from when I got it last year. http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...   The dimensions are 52"x48"x21" / 130lbs / 36.07cf

This is no doubt all original. Bottom cab steel shelf is there. The marquee is original. Do you have the lock bolts plus originl key?
I will be honest. I have had past offers on my cabinet exceeding $2500. People willing to drive across the country for it. These are an absolute centerpiece for anyone that has a valuable collection to display. Maybe I am biased but maybe not.
From the quoted post above by sign collector guy, there are these red colored displays shown in a retail setup (see his attached pictures, not the link). I have seen the red ones several times as well. I have this exact display and its original. I bought mine from a Meijer that closed. 

WANTED NES: BoxBomberman II, Bubble Bobble 2, Chubby Cherub, Color A Dinosaur, Pro Sport Hockey, Volleyball
                      Manual- Dragon Fighter, Jetson's, Operation Secret Storm, SCAT, Stack Up, Stinger, Sword Master
                      Manual and Box- Arkanoid, Jimmy Connor's Tennis, Little Ninja Brothers, Mickey in Numberland, Sqoon

Edited: 09/03/2017 at 08:35 PM by dewisp02

Jul 23 at 9:16:23 PM
bigjt_2 (17)
Indiana
All, I received an inquiry asking if this cabinet has sold. I apologize for not thinking to update this thread. But yes, the cabinet sold some time ago.

--Otto Hanson
                                                  --Randy the Astonishing