NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

....Losers Weepers

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:17:55 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: B.A.

@laserman81: That guy actually had another garage sale last summer. He lives about a mile from me. He told me the story about the NWC. He still had a bunch of random video game stuff he was selling, but he wanted top $$ for everything.

Supposedly he had another NWC that he was going to sell, but he wouldn't show it to anyone. He was only going to take everyone's name and e-mail that was interested and contact everyone at the end of the weekend.

I went there 3 different times to see if he would give any better deals on what he had and try to get him to prove he actually had another NWC. No dice, and he never contacted me. I think it was BS and he figured since I asked so many questions I would see through it.

Anyway, sucks that you missed out on the first one!
Was he the guy with the 1-UP Mushroom tattoo that lived on the corner? He was the person that told me his neighbor had the cart and sold it the night before. There were actually a few houses on the block having a sale but the neighbor that he referred to never opened a door while I was there. I ended up buying some stuff from that guy anyway and at a decent price. If anyone has solid proof he was just pulling a big publicity stunt, I will PayPal you $50 to shit in his mailbox, no, really I will.

-------------------------

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:23:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
I don't remember a tattoo, but I'm pretty sure it is the same guy. He was on the corner and said he sold an NWC for $2,000 at his garage sale a couple years ago.

He was strange in that he said his "roommate" was the one who was really selling most of the stuff and he was just helping out. He would go inside to supposedly talk to someone when I would ask him questions about the NWC. I never actually saw or heard this mystery person.

I asked how he came about all the video game stuff, and he had some story about how they were going to start a game store, but never really got it up and running, so it was the left over inventory they had accumulated.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:30:30 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
I will still pay you to shit in his mailbox. To receive payment, please send me a picture with the house, mailbox with shit, and the current newspaper together, you will be handsomely rewarded.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:32:38 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Yeah it's sounds like he was completely full of shit, and just want to get traffic to his sale. What a d-bag!

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:24:47 AM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Had a good set of games waiting for 40$ and the lady sold them for 10$ less to another member here (Coincidence)

Was about 25 games all in good condition, for starting my NES collection!

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:24:11 PM
dcart3 (17)
(Drew C.) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: nesman

Saw an ad this week for 200 Nintendo Powers mags from 1988-2002. Price=FREE. I emailed 3 hours after it was posted. They were already gone.

haha I emailed her too the day after. I was bummed because I live like 20 minutes from where the local was. Oh well, gas is like a million dollars a gallon nowadays. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:14:58 AM
DutchBoy (58)
(Look vegeta its a Pokemon .) < El Ripper >
New York
Originally posted by: KevInCal

well just had to post this here. Had me cracking up.

Thank you..I could not stop laughing. 

Other than a numerous amount of missed auctions by seconds I had to drive 2 hours to pick a huge of lot nes games up only to get there and they wouldn't answer there phone...was not happy...oh well.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:55:26 AM
kimbolemonslice (86)
(Aaron Kit) < Kraid Killer >
Missouri
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

this one really hurt me. I posted a trolls on treasure island cib in the random good bin from the same seller. then i checked the other items and went oh crap! snatched this really fast. and i guess someone on here told them what it was worth so they magically lost the game =(

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:13:39 AM
Desto3WA (8)
(tom jones) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Originally posted by: DutchBoy

Originally posted by: KevInCal

well just had to post this here. Had me cracking up.

Thank you..I could not stop laughing. 

Other than a numerous amount of missed auctions by seconds I had to drive 2 hours to pick a huge of lot nes games up only to get there and they wouldn't answer there phone...was not happy...oh well.

That's when you write them a note that says "fuck you", tie it to a rock, and leave it for them in their living room, or whatever room is opposite their biggest most expensive window

WTB: Lufia, Lufia II, Earthbound, MegaMan X3, and any SNES repro's!!!

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:13:52 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Or that's when you realize driving 2 hours for a good deal is not worth it. Seriously, that's pure madness. We already know how crappy Craiglist can be. What are the odds of someone holding a potentially massive score for two hours with people emailing and calling?

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:27:42 PM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Call em right away and have them take down the ad? I just missed out on a huge PS1 score by mere minutes.

Mar 8, 2011 at 6:06:17 PM
ars2pd (181)
(aRs !) < King Solomon >
Missouri
I worked out a side deal with someone on ebay last night for 7 or so SNES games, with earthbound, zelda, etc. Asked if they would do a BIN, they said yes, at $80, I refreshed and it was sold

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:09:20 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Originally posted by: KingofGames

Or that's when you realize driving 2 hours for a good deal is not worth it. Seriously, that's pure madness. We already know how crappy Craiglist can be. What are the odds of someone holding a potentially massive score for two hours with people emailing and calling?

Not everyone is a greedy dick, though. I drove for over an hour in a snowstorm to pick up a $10 Chrono Trigger and when I got there the girl said, "You're lucky, I just found out from someone this game is worth $150, but you can still have it for $10." No doubt she was getting a ton of responses. Close call.

But yeah, most people are greedy dicks.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:44:01 AM
DutchBoy (58)
(Look vegeta its a Pokemon .) < El Ripper >
New York
Originally posted by: Krunch

Originally posted by: KingofGames

Not everyone is a greedy dick, though. I drove for over an hour in a snowstorm to pick up a $10 Chrono Trigger and when I got there the girl said, "You're lucky, I just found out from someone this game is worth $150, but you can still have it for $10." No doubt she was getting a ton of responses. Close call.

But yeah, most people are greedy dicks.
you are very lucky. .....I had met up with a lot of craigslisters that what X ammount  or best offer for there stuff, I get ahold of them first and meet to pick up then when I try to make an offer they tell me several other people called and they won't take a best off just the original listng price.....which is a good deal anyway but I always try to get stuff a little cheaper

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:28:21 PM
daywalker2k2 (107)
(Marbin Batres) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
Ok i got one..so i can have nightmares about it yet again..got in contact of a craiglister he was selling some of his stuff..i did not want everything..so we agree to on this..i think this is what he was selling

Dreamcast system
14 games no sports games had powerstone 2 in there

turbo graphix system boxed
14 cibs no sports games

22 nes games he had the complete megaman collection in there

So we go back and forth on pricing, he says since i contacted him first i got first shot at his stuff..we both agree on 75 dollars which is a real good deal i think..now at the time houston...was getting real cold weather..like ice on the roads when that happens houston shuts down, so he emails me and says hey lets meet up like 1 day later when the weather is much better..did i mention that it was only like a min drive to meet him..so a day later which was friday i emailed him and told him if he was ready to meet up..he replied back and said sorry man my older brother found out that i was selling this stuff he said to keep it..so i ended up giving it all away to my brother..wth!!! I was so mad..i asked him why did he put his stuff up for sale if he was going to do that!! He never responded..till this day i am rather bitter about this!!!

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:18:34 PM
Xed (67)
(Sjoerd Rutten) < King Solomon >
Netherlands
i bought a lot a while back with a CIB Jetsons.. when it arrived the game wasn't in it
"oh i forgot to mention it was sold for 10 euro to someone else"
fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up" - C.S. Lewis

aka XtinctHeD and Dr. Retro

Dr. Retro Video Game Channel:  http://www.dr-retro.com...
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/psxco...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/drretromd...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/drretro..._
eBay store: http://stores.ebay.nl/Dr-Retros-G...
Playstation Collecting Community: http://www.playstationcollecting.... (browsable with your NA/SA account!)

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:21:55 PM
technicalfoul (26)
(Dylan B-D) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Xtincthed

i bought a lot a while back with a CIB Jetsons.. when it arrived the game wasn't in it

I'd leave really nasty feedback, or return it.

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:10:42 PM
Laserman (179)

(Joe ) < Bowser >
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: technicalfoul

Originally posted by: Xtincthed

I'd leave really nasty feedback, or return it.

Exactly!

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:05:28 AM
chy5b (0)

(Chung Yi) < Cherub >
Virginia
When my dad's friend's electronic store closed down in 2006, I had the opportunity to buy whatever was left in the store. He gave me a heavily discounted price on all the games...Although I was able to get many many sealed games in great condition, I didn't have enough money to buy everything that was in the store.

Now that I realize how valuable some of those sealed games are I cry a little bit on the inside. Not just because of the value of the games, but also because some of the games were truly collector's items that I would kill to have in my collection right now...

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:22:01 PM
KingofGames (127)

(Adrian Olivera) < El Ripper >
California
Such as?

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:27:07 AM
nesman (82)
(Ima Nesman) < Meka Chicken >
United States
earlier this week there was a CL ad for free NES games. It had about 12 games including 3 CIB. I was a couple hours too late. It was given away in South Jersey. I wonder if anyone here grabbed it.

Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:27:26 AM
nesman (82)
United States
earlier this week there was a CL ad for free NES games. It had about 12 games including 3 CIB. I was a couple hours too late. It was given away in South Jersey. I wonder if anyone here grabbed it.

Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:44:40 AM
Bril (10)
(Jonathan T) < Meka Chicken >
Colorado
I saw an ad on Craigslist two days after it was posted (was in an area I don't look in often). The ad was finally taken down after I emailed the guy, but it included this:

Top Loader System w/ Hookups and 6 controllers

49 Games Total including:
SMB 1, 2, 3
Both Zeldas

And......

Ducktales 2

All for $100.

I was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

~Boxed Gameboy System Collector~
43 different boxed Gameboys and counting!

COMPLETE Boxed US Gameboy Color Console Set!

Latest Addition(s): Clear Purple Gameboy Pocket (Japan)  &  Indigo Gameboy Advance E-Reader Bundle

Edited: 03/24/2011 at 08:47 AM by Bril

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:41:09 PM
nesman (82)
United States
Was that the one in Santa Rosa, CA?  There was an ad for 40+ games including Duck Tales 2 for $100.  I called but the guy said he just sold it.  There were some great games in that lot and i could have used about 10 of them.  DAAAAAAAMN!

Mar 25, 2011 at 9:26:27 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Won a sleeper auction "Nintendo console and games" on the German eBay a couple years ago for a very good price, Famicom clone with builtin games and a bunch of sealed NTSC NES games including a factory sealed Dragon Warrior II. Took nearly two months for the guy to finally ship it (obviously figured out the value of the items), and I only receive the console, no games. I check the guy's other auctions on eBay and he listed the sealed Dragon Warrior II in the US for $2000 BIN. I mail him about the games, and he responds that they are included in the system...