NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Database update Any info will do

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:42:43 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: N64 Gamer

The Mario Kart games in the database need some cleaning up.

First off, there's no Mario Kart 8 for either of the 4 regions.

Secondly, Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS is named simply "Mario Kart" for the Japanese and Australian region and "Mario Kart 3D" for Europe. They should all be changed to Mario Kart 7.
Done and done.

Ferris, gonna do that list over the weekend. Sorry for the delay.

-------------------------
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:04:26 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Originally posted by: N64 Gamer

The Mario Kart games in the database need some cleaning up.

First off, there's no Mario Kart 8 for either of the 4 regions.

Secondly, Mario Kart 7 for the 3DS is named simply "Mario Kart" for the Japanese and Australian region and "Mario Kart 3D" for Europe. They should all be changed to Mario Kart 7.
Done and done.

Ferris, gonna do that list over the weekend. Sorry for the delay.

These are already in the database under each game's entry (in the database as map, added to the main game entry). The issue right now is that the images are messed up -- they're in there, but I'm trying to fix getting to them (you can get to them on the admin side, just not on the public side at the moment).

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:12:59 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I took some pictures of Uncle Tusk's Tetris World Championship carts from last year to add to the database, but those games aren't in there. I have a feeling a handful of the games I have on my aftermarket price guide might be missing. Who would I work with to add those games/info? Darktone, can you do that?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:56:58 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Absolutely man. Many thing to help the database.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:32:12 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Here's an odd one. If you check this page here, you'll see 297 N64 games listed:

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

There's only 296 releases though. For whatever reason a page exists for a poster of Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey 98:

Could that entry be deleted? Posters should not count as games. Also, that poster doesn't even exist, the original Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey had a poster but not Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey 98.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:15:33 PM
Enternal (19)
(Edge Geraldine) < El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: nes_pimp

I mentioned Caltron's rarity be changed awhile back http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadi...

Caltron should either be moved back to an 8 cart or dinosaur peak should be moved down to a 7. Caltrons did have some surface back in 2011 or so in mexico but that was still relatively small and their appearance is less than f2, and dinosaur peak had the influx of the south american copies. But regardless f2 cart is more common.

I think its more fitting as one of these. F2 7/8/8 Caltron 7/7/7 Or F2 8/9/9 Caltron 8/8/8 Miracle Piano is cheap and mostly unwanted, 6 may be where it should be idk? I see it less often than other 6's. But then there is a cheap stash online.

Edited: 06/29/2014 at 04:22 PM by Enternal

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:50:01 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Enternal

Originally posted by: nes_pimp

I mentioned Caltron's rarity be changed awhile back http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&thr...

Caltron should either be moved back to an 8 cart or dinosaur peak should be moved down to a 7. Caltrons did have some surface back in 2011 or so in mexico but that was still relatively small and their appearance is less than f2, and dinosaur peak had the influx of the south american copies. But regardless f2 cart is more common. I think its more fitting as one of these. F2 7/8/8 Caltron 7/7/7 Or F2 8/9/9 Caltron 8/8/8 Miracle Piano is cheap and mostly unwanted, 6 may be where it should be idk? I see it less often than other 6's. But then there is a cheap stash online.
Changing rarity on the database causes an uproar. I have my opinions on it but I can't just change them, not unless a Mod, Admin or Dain gives the green light. Trust me, I want to sort the out but for now it's either ask a Mod or make a poll.

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:00:30 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
I'm sure this has been discussed many times before -- but I was looking through the database recently and I noticed that while most of the publishers appear to be correct, it looks like a TON of the developers are incorrect. Some of them are even just downright strange and I have no idea where the information came from.

Rather than just complain about it I'm willing to help with the database. I think I saw in another thread where Dain asked for help to give access.

I don't even want to bother with the rarity numbers because I know those are somewhat and controversial anyway. I also have some images that can be uploaded to the database as well for games that don't have some information.

I helped a bit on the playstation database back when it was playstationcollecting, and I wouldn't mind to help here as well. It is a bit embarrassing that there are so many inaccuracies.

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:12:44 PM
Kitsune Sniper (54)
(Dave Silva) < Meka Chicken >
California
... FYI, the scans for Wario's Woods (France)... are from the Italian release. Whoops.

Someone should move them to where they're supposed to go.

STOP MESSAGING ME ABOUT STUFF I HAD FOR SALE MONTHS OR YEARS AGO. IF MORE THAN SIX MONTHS HAVE PASSED THEN THE ITEM IS GONE.

eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:19:01 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Kitsune Sniper

... FYI, the scans for Wario's Woods (France)... are from the Italian release. Whoops.

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Element.View&...

Someone should move them to where they're supposed to go.
Yeah. Seems like a mixed entry. Thanks for pointing it out.

Aug 25, 2014 at 1:39:48 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Huge thanks to Dangoo87 for sending me over 400 pictures for over 40 parts to the Wii U PAL database. Took longer than it should. As always, got anything you want added, PM me.

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:14:32 AM
oertrooper (0)

(Halbert Taekema) < Cherub >
Netherlands
Some new/missing NES entries:
Snake Rattle 'n Roll - NES-RJ-FRG

Mach Rider - NES-MR-FRG

Soccer - NES-SC-FRG

Edited: 09/19/2014 at 11:14 AM by oertrooper

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:24:19 AM
Jee4Juu (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Hi,
I try to find game The NewZealand Story at database.
I find five region codes UKV, AUS, ESP, FRA and ITA.
I have game that says FRG.

Is this something that database is missing or did i understand wrong?

My Collection

Edited: 09/29/2014 at 05:39 AM by Jee4Juu

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:11:13 AM
oertrooper (0)

(Halbert Taekema) < Cherub >
Netherlands
Missing in the DB. Thanks for the addition

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:14:41 AM
Jee4Juu (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
When i can see that game updated at database?

My Collection

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:00:21 AM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Jee4Juu

When i can see that game updated at database?
Should be there now. Please let me know.

@oertrooper: Same for you too. Thanks.

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:27:57 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I found this glaring error in the database just now:

Nintendo Power #006 (May/June 1989) (cover: TMNT III: The Manhattan Project) (poster: mega man II poster)

Mmhmm, database. I'll believe that TMNT III came out in 1989 when my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

Should just be TMNT.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 11/24/2014 at 05:28 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:04:17 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
Updated. Thanks Christian.

Dec 17, 2014 at 3:50:06 PM
NWArchivist (0)

(Andrew Perti) < Tourian Tourist >
Washington
You're welcome to use any of my scans in the NA database. Please enjoy.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/fo...

Tetris is like life; you can't win, you can only get better.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:51:38 AM
sasm (2)
(Sascha ) < Cherub >
Germany
For N64 i'm missing the Region Code "NOE". E.g. i have "Mission: Impossible" with Code "NUS-NMID-NOE", which i can't add to my collection(and some other games too) right now.

Edit:
Ah and "SHVC" needs to get added for Super Nintendo please. Like for Japanese "Super Mario RPG" it would be: "SHVC-ARWJ-JPN". So most Japanese SNES games start with SHVC.

Edit2:
Another one for SNES: "ESP"
like for in my case "Winter Olympics: Lillehammer '94" has "SNSP-W4-ESP", likely Spanish.

Edit3(2015-01-13):
One for GBC:
Also NOE, many, like for Pokémon Gold: "DMG-AAUD-NOE".

Thank you!

Edited: 01/13/2015 at 01:51 PM by sasm

Jan 11, 2015 at 11:33:17 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
I just picked up a 5 screw Ikari Warriors and it looks like the database doesn't have a variant of that. Ikari Warriors is there, but the picture is of a 3 screw. I'm guessing I didn't strike gold witht the next rare 5 screw variant, so I am just requesting a variant entry. Do I need to provide a picture for proof?

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Edited: 01/11/2015 at 11:33 PM by Mega Mario Man

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:47:27 PM
DarkTone (2)
United Kingdom
@NWArchivist, Sasm & M3: Only just saw these posts. Will add them tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:42:46 PM
CountZeroOr (0)
(Alex Case) < Cherub >
Oregon
I've got some images of covers of Nintendo Power Issues that are missing covers in the database - how should I go about posting those?

Associate Editor of Bureau42.com

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:20:41 AM
moobox (5)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nova Scotia
I think there are a few Wii games completely missing from the database... at least, I can't find them!

- NBA Jam
- Mario Party 9
- Mario Super Sluggers

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:04:35 PM
moobox (5)
(Chris ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Nova Scotia
Also Hyrule Warriors for Wii U is missing from the database.

Name: Hyrule Warriors
Region: USA
Code: WUP P BWPE USZ (I think)
Rarity: Who knows, it's a new game.