Alright, let's discuss Stadium Events value

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:48:09 PM
98ViperGTS (21)
(Brad ) < Meka Chicken >
Newfoundland
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Buyatari

Forgot the *

* Headless copies are approx half of these values.

So this is the one I offered to buy, thinking that with as bad as the copy is, I could afford it. I was told no less than $10, private sales helping account for this price, and I think he had it out for $12,000? I said I'd do $4000 in cash, right there, and he said $10. I certainly felt there was no wiggle room, and then the two private sales I was unaware of was brought into the conversation, etc. I gave up.

Look, I see that seller a couple times a year. Nice guy. But I felt I was making a real offer and would be close to what it was actually worth. I may have gone a tad higher just to get this shit over with. At this point, it seems like it's more of an attention getter and I believe it will be for sale at their booth for quite some time into the future.

Again, super nice seller, always smiling, but I differ with them on this guy's worth.

He had it discounted on ebay to $9499 last week

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:54:46 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois
Originally posted by: 98ViperGTS

Forgot the *

So this is the one I offered to buy, thinking that with as bad as the copy is, I could afford it. I was told no less than $10, private sales helping account for this price, and I think he had it out for $12,000? I said I'd do $4000 in cash, right there, and he said $10. I certainly felt there was no wiggle room, and then the two private sales I was unaware of was brought into the conversation, etc. I gave up.

Look, I see that seller a couple times a year. Nice guy. But I felt I was making a real offer and would be close to what it was actually worth. I may have gone a tad higher just to get this shit over with. At this point, it seems like it's more of an attention getter and I believe it will be for sale at their booth for quite some time into the future.

Again, super nice seller, always smiling, but I differ with them on this guy's worth.

Well quest posted this in the thread that spawned this, so looks like he should have taken that offer.

Originally posted by: TheNesQuest

Originally posted by: DFWRETROGAMER

I know the last 3 that I know of have sold for 10K 12K & 12K privately for cash so this price is not out of the question.

glws
Thanks! Finally someone that knows the market. 🙌 Yes I'm aware of some of the private sells. 

All depends on how desperate the collectors are at the time. $10K is much more likely at this time of year. Yes they're rare, but they come up for sale several times a year. Market is what somebody is willing to pay at the time of desperation.

These were all sold from August - October 

I know the one I used to have got an offer of 9.5K and it was missing the head.

Nov 29, 2017 at 12:57:40 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Scerena4
Well quest posted this in the thread that spawned this, so looks like he should have taken that offer.

Just to clarify, they should have taken my offer, or I should have taken their offer?

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:05:06 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

Forgot the *

if you were offering on the headless copy, then I get why you offered 4k.     People think that copy has 'character'... only when its not their money being spent on it!!   When its their money... suddenly its an ugly copy missing a head..

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:23:21 PM
BigHero1006 (26)
< Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
This may have been brought up but I hear that someone out there has a case of sealed SE copies. That being said IMO 10K plus for the cart is aggressive.

It’s a Nintendo Entertainment System….If I wanted to play Sega I’d call your sister!

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:34:00 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio

Just to clarify, they should have taken my offer, or I should have taken their offer?

Pretty sure that they paid more than 4k but they didn't buy it for themselves to enjoy it. They bought because they saw meat on the bone to resell it.
I don't see any meat on that bone. I just see a bare bone chewed down to the marrow. If this were instead an expensive baseball card or comic book it would book 10% of the value or less than that of a near mint example. As this hobby becomes more universally accepted it will gradually adopt more of the same understandings when it comes to condition and value as other established hobbies. In other words there is a BAD upside on this one. It will not appreciate in value at the same rate as those in higher condition and it is currently priced right along side with them. Who buys this?

​These guys do also use it for advertising. It gets some attention at shows and online. Which I'm sure has led to other sales. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:37:29 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: BigHero1006

This may have been brought up but I hear that someone out there has a case of sealed SE copies. That being said IMO 10K plus for the cart is aggressive.

If tree falls in the forest and no one hears it does it still make a sound?

​Sealed copies won't affect the maket much if they are not in the market. A fear of them one day coming to market could hamper some price movement but copies that have never been offered for public sale won't help someone looking to buy one. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:45:00 PM
Scerena4 (65)
(Kyle Scerena) < El Ripper >
Illinois

Viper said he had it on ebay for $9499 last week. Quest said he had an offer of $9500, which is obviously not true as hes trying to sell it cheaper then his current best "offer". Your offer seems in line. SE is the last game I need for the set too and thats about all I'd offer on that one as well. I'd actually probably not bother with it as i'd always want to try and upgrade it to a better copy and then I'd have to deal with getting rid of the headless one.

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:59:55 PM
TheNesQuest (39)
(Jay ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Forgot the *

Originally posted by: DFWRETROGAMER

I know the last 3 that I know of have sold for 10K 12K & 12K privately for cash so this price is not out of the question.

glws
Thanks! Finally someone that knows the market. 🙌 Yes I'm aware of some of the private sells. 

All depends on how desperate the collectors are at the time. $10K is much more likely at this time of year. Yes they're rare, but they come up for sale several times a year. Market is what somebody is willing to pay at the time of desperation.

These were all sold from August - October 

I know the one I used to have got an offer of 9.5K and it was missing the head.

Serena I got a pretty penny for it when I sold it.

I have no complaints.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:26:15 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

​Sealed copies won't affect the maket much if they are not in the market. A fear of them one day coming to market could hamper some price movement but copies that have never been offered for public sale won't help someone looking to buy one. 

Its been confirmed, there was a huge thread about it here. 

Some copies were supposedly sold with non disclosure agreements. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:35:47 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Headless SE is probably 50% value of a mint one, so like 4-6K tops. That seller is absolutely delusional.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:54:03 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Eh if I owned the headless SE I wouldn't consider 4000 a serious offer. It's also a pet peeve of mine when someone says cash only like it's a doing you a favor... I consider that an inconvenience. The end label is nice so it would display nicely even when damaged. I'd say 6500 or so would be a legitimate offer on it. Though I also agree I would never want to own that regardless of price. Save more money and buy a nicer one, you'll thank yourself later.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:03:05 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: jonebone

Eh if I owned the headless SE I wouldn't consider 4000 a serious offer. It's also a pet peeve of mine when someone says cash only like it's a doing you a favor... I consider that an inconvenience. The end label is nice so it would display nicely even when damaged. I'd say 6500 or so would be a legitimate offer on it. Though I also agree I would never want to own that regardless of price. Save more money and buy a nicer one, you'll thank yourself later.

By the time I offered that at PRGE he'd had it on eBay for months. I think that's somewhat relevant, as it meant no fees. And I was serious. That's not something I would say for every purchase I make, like a bargaining tactic. Need to make sure I don't come off like a dick... haha.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 04:03 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:08:21 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

If a buyer wants to buy a copy he can't. 
They aren't in the marketplace. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:09:51 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Show up with enough cash and Im sure someone could get one  

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:11:17 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Originally posted by: jonebone

By the time I offered that at PRGE he'd had it on eBay for months. I think that's somewhat relevant, as it meant no fees. And I was serious. That's not something I would say for every purchase I make, like a bargaining tactic. Need to make sure I don't come off like a dick... haha.

If a seller requests cash that is an inconvenience. If a buyer offers cash it is not. 
​No chance of a chargeback etc. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:14:58 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Not true. 
​I've had people call me at the store and make some solid cash offers for mine. If these other single copies do exist there are buyers with serious cash that have been unable to sniff out a trail anywhere. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:26:34 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California

Not true. 
​I've had people call me at the store and make some solid cash offers for mine. If these other single copies do exist there are buyers with serious cash that have been unable to sniff out a trail anywhere. 

They either arent looking hard enough, or dont have enough money to make it worthwhile.  Everything is for sale for enough money. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:30:06 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Not true. 

They either arent looking hard enough, or dont have enough money to make it worthwhile.  Everything is for sale for enough money. 

Or maybe just maybe there aren't as many single sealed copies out of case as have been reported. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:09:57 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
^ no case copies seen, publicly sold, or on the VGA census. Its curious.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:21:05 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Bronty

You are just being paranoid. 
​Just because there isn't a picture (pre or post sale) or even a hint that any given collector owns one of the 18 case sealed copies of the most hyped game in the history of videogames doesn't mean anything. 

​If someone DOES own one contact me and I can hook you up with one of two potential buyers who have made offers in the mid 5 figure range for a sealed copy.*

​*for a small percentage of the sale of course

Nov 29, 2017 at 5:49:01 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

​Just because there isn't a picture (pre or post sale) or even a hint that any given collector owns one of the 18 case sealed copies of the most hyped game in the history of videogames doesn't mean anything. 

​If someone DOES own one contact me and I can hook you up with one of two potential buyers who have made offers in the mid 5 figure range for a sealed copy.*

I think you're misunderstanding my emphasis.   

1) I'm not interested in buying a copy at prevailing rates
2) There was a picture of at least one case out there
3) I could pretty much care less
4) I was simply adding on to your point.    I don't have any reason to doubt Tim when he says he gave some away, but its odd that the info wouldn't get out somehow someway.   People aren't good at keeping secrets.

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:05:17 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

I think you're misunderstanding my emphasis.   

1) I'm not interested in buying a copy at prevailing rates
2) There was a picture of at least one case out there
3) I could pretty much care less
4) I was simply adding on to your point.    I don't have any reason to doubt Tim when he says he gave some away, but its odd that the info wouldn't get out somehow someway.   People aren't good at keeping secrets.

In the end it doesn't matter much at all. If these other copies are kept so secret that no one can see or even hint about the owners then for all purposes reguarding the current marketplace they might as well not exist. 

Nov 29, 2017 at 6:27:34 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
It is curious to say the least. Why haven't any of the 12 copies shown up yet? (Unless some of the newly discovered ones these past few years are them)

But as a collector, it's foolish to ignore the possibility that a known whale of a collector may or may not have released 0-12 of one of the most wanted item of the hobby with 6 more in reserve. Stadium Events is officially as dangerous as Magical Chase ever since those 6 or 18 copies surfaced.

Then again I'm not a sealed SE owner. As an owner you have a little more insight on the environment.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:03:28 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

It is curious to say the least. Why haven't any of the 12 copies shown up yet? (Unless some of the newly discovered ones these past few years are them)

But as a collector, it's foolish to ignore the possibility that a known whale of a collector may or may not have released 0-12 of one of the most wanted item of the hobby with 6 more in reserve. Stadium Events is officially as dangerous as Magical Chase ever since those 6 or 18 copies surfaced.

Then again I'm not a sealed SE owner. As an owner you have a little more insight on the environment.

I don't think its just a stadium events issue.   To the extent its an issue its an issue for every major title.   But its been well know for many years and to say the least Tim doesn't appear to be motivated to sell.   They are there, but they aren't.

Edited: 11/29/2017 at 08:04 PM by Bronty