Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NBA Playoffs 2019 Smack talk welcome

Apr 10 at 10:19:08 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
After tonight, the regular season results will be final. No Dirk, no Wade, and no Lebron. It's been a looong time since an NBA playoffs didn't include any of those guys. Hopefully some new faces step up and make their mark.

Can't wait to watch some games this weekend!

-------------------------

Apr 10 at 11:12:51 AM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
Nice game in Oklahoma City last night. A first round series with Houston would be welcomed.

Edit: spelling

I like pizza.

Edited: 04/10/2019 at 11:13 AM by LostLevel83

Apr 10 at 12:08:31 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
That will be a good 1st round matchup to watch. I think OKC can actually win that one.

Apr 10 at 8:23:35 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I dont think okc would win the series. Last night okc got hot from 3. They are one of the worst shooting teams in the league. Both their wins vs houston were 15-20 point deficits in the 2nd half. Unless someone gets hurt they arent beating houston 4 times. Wouldnt be a fun series for houston thougg. Capela struggles vs adams.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 10 at 10:13:10 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I didn't say that it would happen, just that it can. PG and Russ are each capable of turning the tide in a given game, but you're correct about needing to do it 4 times in 7 games.

Adams is a load. Capela needs a few more lbs on him. Lol

Apr 10 at 10:26:52 PM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
Another win. OKC rollin'. Look out!

I like pizza.

Apr 11 at 10:19:35 AM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
The Thunder can potentially advance to the Western Conference Finals without facing Houston or Golden State.

I like pizza.

Apr 11 at 5:12:50 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
If only we could get the Colonels back...    The only time since 1900 KY had a major league team of any kind.

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Edited: 04/11/2019 at 05:14 PM by Estil

Apr 11 at 10:19:51 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I'd love to have a NBA team in Louisville. I'd go as often as possible

Apr 11 at 10:22:28 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Br81zad

I'd love to have a NBA team in Louisville. I'd go as often as possible
We came close to getting the Grizzlies but they chose Memphis  

But yeah if we ever someday get big league b-ball back to the Bluegrass that'd be so amazing!

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Edited: 04/11/2019 at 10:25 PM by Estil

Apr 16 at 11:23:23 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Epic collapse by the Warriors last night. Unfortunately, I decided sleep was more important to me than watching the 2nd half of what appeared to be a blowout...

Apr 17 at 9:52:43 AM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
*pushes Thunder panic button*

I like pizza.

Apr 18 at 1:02:24 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Rockets just obliterating the jazz. Harden just ubstoppable. You want to guard him like that jazz? Then ok he will make the right play. No one is paying attention to hardens actually good defensive seasoon. Solid net positive ranking. 

giannis being the mvp is a joke to me. And giannis is going to win it. I just know it. Nba wants it so bad. They want to crown him. Hes a bully drive dunker. The man cant shoot a basketball. He was gifted with an 8 foot wingspan and can dunk. The ball ismt in his hands shooting with it all on the line and he isnt a good ft shooter(last i checked 72 percent). Bucks got better this year because the east is still trash and they had the 30th ranked strength of schedule, got a good coach, changed their whole offense, got middleton back and added floor spacing shooting bigs so giannis can drive to an open lane.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/18/2019 at 01:13 AM by quest4nes

Apr 18 at 12:22:57 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

(Brian Bangert) < Lolo Lord >
California
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Rockets just obliterating the jazz. Harden just ubstoppable. You want to guard him like that jazz? Then ok he will make the right play. No one is paying attention to hardens actually good defensive seasoon. Solid net positive ranking. 

giannis being the mvp is a joke to me. And giannis is going to win it. I just know it. Nba wants it so bad. They want to crown him. Hes a bully drive dunker. The man cant shoot a basketball. He was gifted with an 8 foot wingspan and can dunk. The ball ismt in his hands shooting with it all on the line and he isnt a good ft shooter(last i checked 72 percent). Bucks got better this year because the east is still trash and they had the 30th ranked strength of schedule, got a good coach, changed their whole offense, got middleton back and added floor spacing shooting bigs so giannis can drive to an open lane.

Giannis being the MVP is not a joke. The Bucks have the best overall record in the NBA and are 20-10 against the west this season. Put the Bucks in the west and they would still be the best team in the NBA. Yes James Harden has had a very good year with scoring wise but you can't down play signficant competation in Giannis for your own bias.

Apr 18 at 3:07:33 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bonanza125

Giannis being the MVP is not a joke. The Bucks have the best overall record in the NBA and are 20-10 against the west this season. Put the Bucks in the west and they would still be the best team in the NBA. Yes James Harden has had a very good year with scoring wise but you can't down play signficant competation in Giannis for your own bias.

ITs about the grind in the west. You have no nights off. There is no coasting. If the bucks are in the west theyd be right in the middle 3-6 seed. 30th Strength of Schedule. Ask Lebron about moving to the west.

James has had a dominant year besides scoring. First player every with 2800/500/500. He runs the whole show. Most efficient offensive season since Jordan. 

And no its not a very great year scoring wise. Its historic. 36 points a game. Over 8 more than the next person. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/18/2019 at 04:06 PM by quest4nes

Apr 18 at 8:26:48 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado

Originally posted by: Bonanza125

ITs about the grind in the west. You have no nights off. There is no coasting. If the bucks are in the west theyd be right in the middle 3-6 seed. 30th Strength of Schedule. Ask Lebron about moving to the west.

James has had a dominant year besides scoring. First player every with 2800/500/500. He runs the whole show. Most efficient offensive season since Jordan. 

And no its not a very great year scoring wise. Its historic. 36 points a game. Over 8 more than the next person. 

Harden warrents the MVP. But who cares? When Harden meets the Warriors again in the postseason, ask him if that 36 points a game in the regular season will prevent him from missing 22 straight 3 pointers against the warriors again and missing a ton again in game 7. I think that his postseason performance affects people's views on him in general and Giannis is someone different so he'll get the MVP.

Apr 18 at 8:33:12 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Bucks fan here to laugh at the same old nonsense argument regarding Giannis. Thanks!

Apr 18 at 8:36:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I get it. Your excited. Giannis had a great season. Not as impactful as harden. Bucks coasted. Easiest schedule in the league. The east is a joke. A team won a division with a .500 record. JOKE! Giannis 27 and 12. The team is loaded with shooters and good defenders. He is a dribbling center that can reach over you and dunk. The ball isnt in his hands with a game on the line. Until then he is not an mvp. 

Americas team harden was fouled on multiple 3s on that drought. He made a 4 point play thats waived off for on the floor. Even though the foul was in the air. The corrupt officiating for both those games still to this day pisses me off. Tony brothers and scott foster.  Rockets havent won a playoff game with scott foster. 

Also you are really going to fault harden vs 5 allstar warrior team? lol. Harden was all by himself. Rockets had 6 playable players game 6 and 7 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/18/2019 at 10:09 PM by quest4nes

Apr 18 at 8:48:31 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Harden has as many 50 point games this year (8)

As giannis has games(8) over hardens average(36.2) for the season

The offensive gap is so monstrous and Harden being a positive rated defensive player makes harden the clear mvp

every single year its always well harddns the mvp any other year but this random thing over here is happening. Harden had to get 1 seed in the west with historic stats to get the award last year and they still were hoping someone else came along. Hes finished 2 in the mvp for years. Needs to stop. He did what only wilt, jordan, and elgin baylor did with points. He distributes at an elite level and is a positive defender this season. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/18/2019 at 08:52 PM by quest4nes

Apr 18 at 8:54:23 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

I get it. Your excited. Giannis had a great season. Not as impactful as harden. Bucks coasted. Easiest schedule in the league. The east is a joke. A team won a division with a .500 record. JOKE! Giannis 27 and 12. The team is loaded with shooters and good defenders. He is a dribbling center that can reach over you and dunk. The ball isnt in his hands with a game on the line. Until then he is not an mvp. 

Americas team harden was fouled on multiple 3s on that drought. He made a 4 point play thats waived off for on the floor. Even though the foul was in the air. The corrupt officiating for both those games still to this day pisses me off. Tony brothers and scott foster.  Rockets havent won a playoff game with scott foster. 

Happen to agree with Jeff, but this thread cracked me up. If you've enjoyed this thread, youd love NA fantasy basketball. Luke cringing at underperforming Thunder and Jeff appalled people would consider voting giannis over harden for MVP. I was starting to miss those constants I enjoyed all season. Those topics probably cover 50% of the season's messaging. Had no idea it was all happening here now, but glad it's going on somewhere. I'd add my usual bitch and moan about how bad the wizards are, but they arent playing anymore.

Apr 19 at 3:55:16 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado

Also you are really going to fault harden vs 5 allstar warrior team? lol. Harden was all by himself. Rockets had 6 playable players game 6 and 7 

Not just harden but the whole team. The rockets had a really great defensive gameplan against the warriors that series and limited the warriors offensive production so that they could take the series lead. Then Chris Paul went down. If he didn't go down I think the rockets would have won game 7 fairly easily. But he wasn't on the floor. And when the rockets faced adversity they missed 44 3 pointers in game 7. They only lost by 9 points in game 7. If they had only missed 40 3 pointers they beat the warriors. Harden and the rockets choked and had no excuse to lose that game.

Apr 19 at 5:04:22 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: americasteam7

Not just harden but the whole team. The rockets had a really great defensive gameplan against the warriors that series and limited the warriors offensive production so that they could take the series lead. Then Chris Paul went down. If he didn't go down I think the rockets would have won game 7 fairly easily. But he wasn't on the floor. And when the rockets faced adversity they missed 44 3 pointers in game 7. They only lost by 9 points in game 7. If they had only missed 40 3 pointers they beat the warriors. Harden and the rockets choked and had no excuse to lose that game.

6 man rotation due to injury and matchup. tired legs=missed shots. Harden played nearly every minute that game.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Apr 21 at 12:28:57 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Harden is on fire tonight. And now trying to milk a common foul into a flagrant.... what a bitch

Apr 21 at 1:24:25 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
The Jazz new color scheme is awful. They need to go back to the old style

Apr 21 at 2:13:40 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Are you talking about when o’neal tackled harden into the stands? Did he mean too? Probably not but his efforts to try and help made it worse. 

Harden turns it on in 4th and rockets pull out a horribly officiated game.

At one point it was 38-20 ft disparity. Just ugly. Intentional fouls at the end helped the refs even it up.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 04/21/2019 at 02:15 AM by quest4nes