Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2016) Games beaten: 254/303 - Last finished game: Mission: Impossible

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:02:33 AM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: link463

Originally posted by: laddersandcakes

I've been hitting my head against Mortal Kombat Trilogy since yesterday. I just have such a hard time playing fighting games, it seems. I've come really close to finishing a bunch of times, but Motaro kicks my ass. Haven't even gotten to Shao Khan yet.

I've beaten MK4 each of the last two years. I just used Liu Kang and spammed the hell out of his flying kick. Try that.

Good advice. I'm so determined to do it with Sub-Zero, though. He's my favorite character, ha. I can tell I'm getting better. New milestone: I managed to take a round from Motaro. I feel if I keep at it, I can get there soon; I think Khan will actually be easier, according to my research online. We'll see. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:12:30 AM
bag (8)
(Bruce ) < Crack Trooper >
California
NHL Breakaway 99 is done. Seems like there are set spots that you one-time in this game. If your character isn't in it he will fly across the ice to the spot to hit it. I'll probably play a couple of the other Hockey games as well if no one gets to them. Love me some hockey haha.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:11:38 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Pokemon Puzzle League on Very Hard is to no suprise is Very Hard....I am about half way done though.

-------------------------
Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:26:42 AM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
^Just wait until you get to the end.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

I hope this information is what you are looking for.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:37:53 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Snowboard Kids 2 is done. First one of 2016 down for me!

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:44:28 PM
bag (8)
California
Chef's Luv Shack is done. Questions and random mini games. It's a multiplayer game. No AI.

Jan 11, 2016 at 8:22:23 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Mario Party is done. Finally ! It was very long to get the 100 stars, but it was fun to play with someone (my brother). It was my first time playing the first Mario Party and I liked it, besides the "joystick destroyer" mini-games. There are some mini-games I disliked, but in general, it was a nice experience. Took a break from Paperboy, I'm now going back to it. Might play something else on the side too.

EDIT: For those wondering, I didn't steal ToxieRules' glory for this game. I asked him first if he wanted to do it and said to me that I can beat it instead.

Edited: 01/11/2016 at 08:31 PM by RetroMichel

Jan 12, 2016 at 12:32:59 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
Yeah, MP1 would be the best if it weren't for those damn rotating games.

Thanks for writing. I apologize for the delay in responding to your email during this busy time of year.
In regard to your email, it is great to hear that you have found a copy of Perfect Dark for the Nintendo 64. Perfect dark was a first person shooter game that was released in May of 2000. I personally enjoyed this game a lot during my mid-teen years since it allows for up to four players to play at one time. All the Perfect Dark cartridges were black.

-
Response I received from Nintendo customer support when I asked if they knew any thing about a black Perfect Dark cart.

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:11:51 PM
Steve50013 (8)

(Steven W) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Didn't get to participate last year but I'm here this year.

Completed so far this year:
NASCAR 99
AeroFighters Assault
San Francisco Rush

All beated live on

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:20:40 PM
Steve50013 (8)

Texas
Also if anyone does StarCraft 64 you do not get credits for beating the main game or the Brood War expansion.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:17:15 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Steve50013

Didn't get to participate last year but I'm here this year.

Completed so far this year:
NASCAR 99
AeroFighters Assault
San Francisco Rush

All beated live on

Nice ! Really happy to see this post, but for AeroFighters Assault, you might need to complete the bonus stages to access to the real final stage:

This link will definitely help you if you really want to beat the game. See number 8 (Level Walkthroughs):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/19654...

Good luck. It's a good challenge.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:41:23 PM
Steve50013 (8)

Texas
Originally posted by: RetroMichel
Nice ! Really happy to see this post, but for AeroFighters Assault, you might need to complete the bonus stages to access to the real final stage:

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UmB..." width="500">>

This link will definitely help you if you really want to beat the game. See number 8 (Level Walkthroughs):
http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/196549-aero-fighters-assault/faq...

Good luck. It's a good challenge.
Oh neat didn't know about the bonus stages. I doubt I will go back to it though beating the final boss is good enough for me. With starcraft 64 though you could put something like unlocking the cheats involved with beating the game. You unlock the SPECIAL cheat by beating the first 3 chapters and there is another cheat unlocked for beating all three chapters in Brood War, I'm not sure which one it is though. 

To the one going to try and beat the final mission "Omega" good luck and god speed.

Jan 12, 2016 at 5:54:57 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: Steve50013

With starcraft 64 though you could put something like unlocking the cheats involved with beating the game.
Done.

I wrote this:
"StarCraft 64: Get the two cheats (one for the three original chapters, one for the three Brood War chapters)."

Jan 13, 2016 at 11:28:19 AM
Steve50013 (8)

Texas
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals done. Whopping 18min. Arcade mode gets your credits no matter what difficulty played on.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:26:50 PM
bag (8)
California
Rampage 2: Universal Tour is done. I don't know if it's my cartridge or the game, but super glitchy, froze often. Would hope it wouldn't freeze when you got further along from the last save state. Several of the "Bonus Games" don't work too well with multiplayer, as usually only 1 person can get the extra lives. Definitely a game that is designed to eat quarters in an arcade.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:16:35 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Alright guys I am so pissed about Pokemon Puzzle League I played for like 5 hours or more trying to get through Very Hard mode.......I get to the final puzzle battle and you have to do it in a single attempt?!?!!?

Some of the later battles I probably exhausted 50+ continues to pass them so I don't think i will be able to do it now.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:55:57 PM
link463 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Kansas
Originally posted by: ToxieRules

Alright guys I am so pissed about Pokemon Puzzle League I played for like 5 hours or more trying to get through Very Hard mode.......I get to the final puzzle battle and you have to do it in a single attempt?!?!!?

Some of the later battles I probably exhausted 50+ continues to pass them so I don't think i will be able to do it now.

You can do it. Yeah it's definitely bs that you have to battle Gary again if you lose to Mewtwo, but you'll get it. I used well over 100 continues when I beat it last year. Just stick with it and make as many chains as possible.

-

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:21:26 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: link463

You can do it. Yeah it's definitely bs that you have to battle Gary again if you lose to Mewtwo, but you'll get it. I used well over 100 continues when I beat it last year. Just stick with it and make as many chains as possible.
Oh man I was maxed out at 99 by the time I was at the 10th battle or less.......it is all about just avoiding getting 3 chains....have to go for the 4s and the chain drops.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:06:15 PM
laddersandcakes (58)
(Chris ) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
K, guys, here's Cruis'n World. I didn't get a good picture of the moon track; it said "next race," but then it's just done after that. I went hard on MK Trilogy for a few days, failing on Shao Khan a few times, and then took a few days off. I hope to get back to it some over the weekend and next week. Still need to go back and finish Perfect Dark; no worries if someone beats me to it, obviously.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:48:13 PM
Steve50013 (8)

Texas
Vigilante 8 is done. Very fun game you can 100% the game in about 3 hours.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:03:24 AM
Italia64 (1)
(Gabriele Atzori) < Eggplant Wizard >
Italy
Yesterday the postman brought me my 2015 contest award!
Many thanks RetroMichel!

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:21:27 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Thanks for posting man...and on that note South Park is done, will post pics later tonight.

Still have Quest 64 on the go, into the 2nd Spring season on Harvest Moon 64 and then started Lego Racers.....I have this habit of starting games and not finishing them but at least I got some good progress going on multiple games.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:32:26 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Dr.Mario is done as well.... finished south park earlier today in case you miss the post dude.

So I just had to beat stage 8 on normal right? There was no credits it just told me to try it again without losing.

I beat the "final boss" I am amusing.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:47:53 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

Dr.Mario is done as well.... finished south park earlier today in case you miss the post dude.

So I just had to beat stage 8 on normal right? There was no credits it just told me to try it again without losing.

Here's what cheaterdragon1 wrote about it in the 2014 thread:

"You got the credits for that game so I'll give you the point, though Dr Mario does have 9 levels, you only see the 9th on Normal or a harder difficulty."

Would you be able to try it again (the final boss ?) without losing ? Maybe that's how you get the ninth level ?

I didn't miss your South Park post, BTW. I just didn't have the time to remove it from the list.

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:11:56 PM
Uncle Meat (69)
Ontario
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Here's what cheaterdragon1 wrote about it in the 2014 thread:

"You got the credits for that game so I'll give you the point, though Dr Mario does have 9 levels, you only see the 9th on Normal or a harder difficulty."

Would you be able to try it again (the final boss ?) without losing ? Maybe that's how you get the ninth level ?

I didn't miss your South Park post, BTW. I just didn't have the time to remove it from the list.

I am going to go back and just do it from the start.

It won't be an issue I play a loooooooooooooooooooot of Dr.Mario I only lost once anyway on stage 7.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!