Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Price Check for Factory Sealed Aladdin & all 6 carts

Oct 3, 2007 at 5:58:59 PM
OldNESJunkie (1)
(Daniel Ford) < Tourian Tourist >
Tennessee
What would the going rate be for this? Picked one up a couple of months ago off of the bay for 85 shipped. Just curious.

Edited: 10/03/2007 at 06:18 PM by OldNESJunkie

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:22:28 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
This seller got a large amount of stock from somewhere so the prices seem to have dropped further. The Micro Machines seems to be the game that he doesn't have many of in stock, but when he has an auction with all 6 games up it is about a 40$ BIN. Of course you can always just bid and get them cheaper.

-------------------------

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:30:55 PM
OldNESJunkie (1)
Tennessee
Not the seller I got mine from , he was in NY, can't remember his bay name, listed them as NES new 6 games or something like that. Figures it would be cheaper now, oh well, I'm gonna open mine been wanting to try the thing out anyways. Maybe I;ll buy one of these to keep sealed

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:46:08 PM
Limbofunk (160)
(Otto Man) < King Solomon >
New York
If you do want to buy them, this guy is a great seller. When I got mine, the Bignose had a big hole punched into the box and the Micro Machines box had tape on the top and was in semi-poor condition. I contacted him about it and he responded saying his brother had been packaging games while he was out of town and asked to see pictures of the damage. I sent pictures and he wound up sending me another Bignose that was in minty condition and a Micro Machines box that was in nice shape; all I had to do in return was send out my crappy MM box which cost about 2$ shipped and I got to keep the damaged Bignose as well! Looking at most of the other sellers on ebay, that is true A+ service.

Edited: 10/03/2007 at 06:46 PM by Limbofunk

Oct 3, 2007 at 6:52:53 PM
OldNESJunkie (1)
Tennessee
Definitely great service compared to almost all other sellers on eBay, most would've been like "tough" deal with it or gave you some other line.

Oct 12, 2007 at 10:38:25 PM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
I just picked up one of these, and was pretty happy except... the factory sealed aladdin deck enhancer had it's factory seal torn on the back:

Maybe he'll swap me out too? Hope I'm not being too picky...

Edit: Man it can be hard to see it, but you can see part of it.

Edited: 10/13/2007 at 12:37 AM by Armageddon Potato

Oct 13, 2007 at 11:20:15 AM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
I dont think you could go wrong at 75.00 or so for the set

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Oct 13, 2007 at 8:42:49 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
These are nice but there is a buttload of them out there. I had a chance to buy some years back but I held off because I didn't think there were that many NES collectors. I forget how many there were 10,000 sets? I don't remember. I just remember thinking the only way to make any money would be to buy every single one and slowly release them and try to control the market. If a few hundred or thousand were sold to someone else then I'd be screwed if they sold for a cheaper price. After 1000 sets were sold to collectors who would I sell them to? All the big collectors would have them. Only way to make out would be to buy every single one and sell for 10X 20X or more than what they sell for now and only release a few at a time. That would take forever and the cost to buy them all was too much for me.

I think 75 is a nice price to pay for the set just don't expect them to be worth hundreds of dollars a piece next year.