NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo's Industrial Product Designer Lance Barr 20+ Years Later ^_^

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:13:02 AM
Grooveraider (0)
(Herman McClain) < Little Mac >
California
Hey guys,

I thought you'd get a kick out of this. Those of you familar of the Nintendo Fun Club News.
It was the newsletter we'd get after signing in our NES console registration. Y'all remember the
designer of the classic NES Advantage?  We later found out he was responsible for U.S. console
casings of the NES, SNES, and the NES Toploader.

Well, I ran into him at the E3 Nintendo booth - 6 years ago (2003) . There hasn't been an
updated photo of Mr. Barr on the net besides people scanning their Fun Club issues .
 Well here you go...       Enjoy ^_^

Edited: 04/17/2009 at 07:56 PM by Grooveraider

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:46:12 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
You dig up some of the best stuff.

-------------------------

Apr 17, 2009 at 10:54:07 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Thanks for posting this Grooveraider... you post the best posts ever.. I'm very jealous of your pics and all the people you've met..

Apr 17, 2009 at 5:38:09 PM
Grooveraider (0)
California
Originally posted by: PSerge

Thanks for posting this Grooveraider... you post the best posts ever.. I'm very jealous of your pics and all the people you've met..

You're totally welcome. We're all Nintendo afficianados here.
I appreciate Nintendo Age for bringing us all together to share our experiences ^_^
You're jealous? Well i'm jealous of some of these collectors here at Nintendo Age  XD
I mean, I totally envy some  who go out their way to own store displays, sealed copies,
development systems, Nintendo Championship carts - just crazy shit ^_^

That stuff brings me waaaaaaay back!

Edited: 04/17/2009 at 05:44 PM by Grooveraider

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:50:34 PM
superNESman (102)
(Deniz "Alpo The Great" Kahn) < Bowser >
Illinois
So cool man, love the people you meet, did you get his signature for anything? I don't think it'd be worth much, but you've been collecting quite a few so I wonder if you got something like a NES Advantage signed?

-------------------------

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:16:56 PM
Grooveraider (0)
California
Originally posted by: superNESman

So cool man, love the people you meet, did you get his signature for anything? I don't think it'd be worth much, but you've been collecting quite a few so I wonder if you got something like a NES Advantage signed?

Unfortunately, I didn't have anything for him to sign because I simply didn't expect him to
be there ( damnit ).  Besides it was the last day of the trade show. But a photo and handshake
was more than enough for me ^_^ 

Are you kidding me? A signed NES Advantage or even NES control deck in great condition?
That would be PRICELESS !  Barr's NES designs are iconic to gaming and popculture.  
Oh well, can't have everything. I'm just thankful for what i've got already  ^_^

Edited: 04/17/2009 at 09:20 PM by Grooveraider