NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Is this a reseal? Top gear snes

Jun 06 at 5:37:29 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Good afternoon,

i’m posting here given that the « sealed collecting question » thread is almost dead and it can take weeks to get an answer. 

So i recently bought a sealed majesco reprint of top gear for snes. the seal is on 3 sides (no v seam) and vent holes are present (about 3 columns on front and back, going down diagonally. (Sorry if this is weirdly explained but i can't get a pic to show them well). 

From what i gathered the seal looks legit, but the spine where you would normally open the box looks weird. It feels as though the cardboard has « cracked » as shown in the following picture (you may have to zoom tonsee the cracks well). Is this a standard reseal or something else? 

Thanks for the help. 

Edited: 06/06/2019 at 05:38 PM by Jim Jimmer

Jun 06 at 5:54:56 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Cracked ink on the hinge usually indicates a reseal

Jun 06 at 5:59:15 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Very hard to tell with the light glare, but where there isn't glare, it looks fine?

-------------------------
I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Jun 06 at 7:00:55 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Maertens29

Very hard to tell with the light glare, but where there isn't glare, it looks fine?

Yes sorry about the pic, i cant do better at the moment. But it really feels like the spine is not « sharp » and got cracks. Im really on the fence on this one - especialy since ive been told the seal is legit =\

i wonder what could cause these cracks...

Jun 06 at 8:12:57 PM
austin532 (91)
(Mike ) < El Ripper >
Arizona
I mean...this is Majesco we are talking about here. Their boxes were poor quality to begin with. It's possible it got a few cracks when the box was being assembled. It's hard to tell from that pic.

-------------------------

My Ultimate 100% CIB NES Collector's Guide
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

NES, SNES, + misc. stuff for sale here
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...