Generationconsole

Oct 11 at 5:04:47 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: RadRacer73

Consolegenerations
Generationconsole

That was an extremely generic and underwhelming first post after staying quiet for 5 years.

But welcome regardless.

Oct 11 at 5:17:16 PM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
BubbleBurst.com

-------------------------
Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.

Oct 11 at 5:29:01 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: rickrollcollector

BubbleBurst.com

NO

BubbleFirmlyIntact.com

...wait

ThereIsNoBubble.com

Oct 11 at 5:30:39 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
...also, my UD definition was approved

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Oct 11 at 5:38:17 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Why doesn't someone just make a new forum and we go to it. If you want a successful forum you need to bring in new people. This place is dead. The way it's being done now is as if the idea is to shift users from here to the new one, but not to create growth. Whatever the forum is called, it should be for all games and systems, divided up into sections for each on. No separate forum for PlayStation and Atari and Nintendo. All in one.
Uh, that's always been the plan. Have you not read the two other threads about this?

Has it? I've read both threads and I still can't discern what the mission of the site is. I understand that this place is dying (I'd argue it's dead already) and that people want a new place to gather. Totally understandable. What is the mission beyond that? If it's just going to be a new hangout for folks here with no plans to grow with new users, which is fine, then it's a different approach to if you want the general public to come to and be drawn to the site; especially when you are coming up with the name of the site. 

Oct 11 at 5:53:26 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
LostPrincess.com

Oct 11 at 5:58:36 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
NOBAN.com
Nintendoanonymous.com
Wheresjoel.com

I'd vote for nerdswithmoney tho.

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Oct 11 at 6:09:09 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
FinalBoss.com
LostLevels.com
SonicBoom.com
AWinnerIsYou.com
LightGun.com
TheZapper.com
TurboTunnel.com
Hadoken.com

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Oct 11 at 6:09:10 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: SwiftFrost

Why doesn't someone just make a new forum and we go to it. If you want a successful forum you need to bring in new people. This place is dead. The way it's being done now is as if the idea is to shift users from here to the new one, but not to create growth. Whatever the forum is called, it should be for all games and systems, divided up into sections for each on. No separate forum for PlayStation and Atari and Nintendo. All in one.
Uh, that's always been the plan. Have you not read the two other threads about this?

Has it? I've read both threads and I still can't discern what the mission of the site is. I understand that this place is dying (I'd argue it's dead already) and that people want a new place to gather. Totally understandable. What is the mission beyond that? If it's just going to be a new hangout for folks here with no plans to grow with new users, which is fine, then it's a different approach to if you want the general public to come to and be drawn to the site; especially when you are coming up with the name of the site. 

Let me make it more clear in this case:

The intent is absolutely to make a new place that we can grow together. A new home for NA members yes, but one that we fully intend to update as regularly as we can and to attract new blood.

Oct 11 at 6:29:07 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Quaze

FinalBoss.com
LostLevels.com
SonicBoom.com
AWinnerIsYou.com
LightGun.com
TheZapper.com
TurboTunnel.com
Hadoken.com

Every one of these is already taken.

Oct 11 at 6:49:20 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi

^this It'll be hard to get a new forum off the ground too, especially with how popular Reddit and other forums are. I hope for the best. Being realistic though.

Oct 11 at 6:49:45 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Gloves

FinalBoss.com
LostLevels.com
SonicBoom.com
AWinnerIsYou.com
LightGun.com
TheZapper.com
TurboTunnel.com
Hadoken.com

This whole “new site” thing is just a ruse for Gloves to buy up all the good domains and sell them on Flippa and Sedo!!!

But seriously, how is “TheZapper” taken? Domains starting with “The” aren’t really popular 

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Oct 11 at 6:51:31 PM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States

Let me make it more clear in this case: The intent is absolutely to make a new place that we can grow together. A new home for NA members yes, but one that we fully intend to update as regularly as we can and to attract new blood.
Thanks for the clarification; frankly, that is great to hear.

Given that information, something like purpleganon should be a nonstarter. Even completely ignoring the UD issues others have raised - which is legit criticism - the site should not start off as exclusionary in the very title of the site. Especially if the goal is to attract fresh members.

I would personally vote for something more ambiguous like: channelthree.com, or even something completely different like: theleap.com (IP issues notwithstanding).

Oct 11 at 6:52:44 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

FinalBoss.com
LostLevels.com
SonicBoom.com
AWinnerIsYou.com
LightGun.com
TheZapper.com
TurboTunnel.com
Hadoken.com

Fine, add "VG" or something to them lol. I can think of cool names, but not ones that nobody has ever considered before. Kinda like picking an email address. 

My eBay feedback

Oct 11 at 7:05:19 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

FinalBoss.com
LostLevels.com
SonicBoom.com
AWinnerIsYou.com
LightGun.com
TheZapper.com
TurboTunnel.com
Hadoken.com

This whole “new site” thing is just a ruse for Gloves to buy up all the good domains and sell them on Flippa and Sedo!!!

But seriously, how is “TheZapper” taken? Domains starting with “The” aren’t really popular 

I expected it to be like a bug killing informercial product but it's just a parked domain. Maybe they're waiting for the inevitable bug killing infomercial product. Also TurboTunnel.com may be taken but ClingerWinger.com isn't, what a name for a website we could have.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Oct 11 at 7:11:43 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi

Let me make it more clear in this case: The intent is absolutely to make a new place that we can grow together. A new home for NA members yes, but one that we fully intend to update as regularly as we can and to attract new blood.

Given that information, something like purpleganon should be a nonstarter. Even completely ignoring the UD issues others have raised - which is legit criticism - the site should not start off as exclusionary in the very title of the site. Especially if the goal is to attract fresh members.

I would personally vote for something more ambiguous like: channelthree.com, or even something completely different like: theleap.com (IP issues notwithstanding).

The name needs to be something that explains exactly what the site is for. None od the names suggested do that and many are too wordy. You want 1 or 2 words to make up the name. You tube, face book, Twitter, Amazon, yahoo. As has been mentioned, inside jokes aren't good either. It excludes people. If a forum is to talk about video games, information, collections, or for buying, trading, selling, it should include a combo of those or similar terms in the name. This is probably why the poll results are in favor of a different name. You want to attract as many gamers as possible. Don't overthink it. Keep it simple stupid.

Oct 11 at 7:27:30 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
"Twitter" "Amazon" and "Yahoo" by word alone tell you nothing about their sites' purposes.

Oct 11 at 7:27:32 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
If you asked someone under a rock what the sites "You tube, face book, Twitter, Amazon, yahoo" all were, they could maybe get in the ballpark for 2 of them. The site name definitely doesn't have to describe the content, and in fact it almost shouldn't, because that's how you get the trite VGGamerForum suggestions we're all rejecting.

Channelthree? I like that... it's for sale for $6395.

Oct 11 at 7:39:23 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

The name needs to be something that explains exactly what the site is for. None od the names suggested do that and many are too wordy. You want 1 or 2 words to make up the name. You tube, face book, Twitter, Amazon, yahoo. As has been mentioned, inside jokes aren't good either. It excludes people. If a forum is to talk about video games, information, collections, or for buying, trading, selling, it should include a combo of those or similar terms in the name. This is probably why the poll results are in favor of a different name. You want to attract as many gamers as possible. Don't overthink it. Keep it simple stupid.

Here how about this: videogames.com

My eBay feedback

Oct 11 at 7:40:45 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: gunpei

"Twitter" "Amazon" and "Yahoo" by word alone tell you nothing about their sites' purposes.

True lol. I was getting more at the name simplicity for those. They're also all aimed at a much broader audience and don't need to explain what they are. Social media, selling products, news. All 3 are things most people are into. Gaming, especially game collecting, is a niche thing whether you want to admit it or not. Gaming forums need to be spelled out or have a super catchy name that quickly gets spread around.

Oct 11 at 7:42:12 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi

Lol even that wouldn't quite work. Is videogames a sales site for buying them, like an eBay but just for games, or is it a forum, or a game guide site? The term videogames is very broad.

Oct 11 at 7:44:12 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia

Lol even that wouldn't quite work. Is videogames a sales site for buying them, like an eBay but just for games, or is it a forum, or a game guide site? The term videogames is very broad.

The beauty is that the answer to every question above is yes. So the answer stands lol

My eBay feedback

Oct 11 at 7:45:01 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Originally posted by: gunpei

...or Kotaku, ign, giant bomb...

Distinctive and vivid> most of these other concerns

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131