Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Got My White Whale! Plus Old Black Box Pick Ups

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:18:17 AM
babywuchki (90)
(Chris ) < Kraid Killer >
United States
All comments are very much appreciated!
 10-4-14

i finally picked up the CIB I've been looking for the most. This is the third one I've seen in the last, oh, two years or so I've been looking. And by looking, I mean checking saved searches everyday, hunting down the forums everyday, asking sellers for pics of the backs of boxes a ridiculous amount of times. The first one, I only saw after it had sold. The second was in a large lot and I didn't have the extra cash to buy the whole lot for one game. The third I've seen arrived at my house today. I know a few people on here have it but it is definitely not easy to find. Here it is:

Oh gee, big deal. It's Deadly Towers. So what. Oh wait:

Ill post more when I can. I got some nice stuff this year. Not a lot, but some decent goodies.
12-26-13
I picked up some good stuff in the last month or so. Not a ton but I'm really happy with what I have. I started out December by picking up some nice condition hang tab games- Track and Field, Baseball, and Kung Fu are M/NM and I also grabbed HT Golf and Elevator Action that weren't too shabby for the price. Got a ton of carts from my Secret Santa as well as my first repro Badminton. I was very excited to get that. I got in early on the Chuck Yeager train. I also won Sivaks raffle to buy the lone remaining Battle Kid 2 Limited Edition, #32 baby! I deviated from my Black Box buying slightly by going for some hang tab stuff and am also getting into Repros/Homebrews. Don't worry, Black Box is still my main squeeze and BBI will be back strong in 2014. Enjoy the pics:

Carts from Santa (by way of Clyde The Jackal, thanks a ton!)

Hang Tab cuties. Sorry for the shitty pics, blame the iPad 2.

11-12-13

Small update here but I'm too happy not to share. I've been looking for a HT Ninja Kid for quite a while. Also picked up a CB Slalom for $5. It's got some creases and the cart label is so tore up it makes the cart a player copy only, but $5 is $5. Also got my NA t-shirt in today: 

9-26-13

Life has dealt me a shitty hand this year (more so for my daughter) so my pick ups haven't been as prolific as they have in the past. I have been picking shit up here and there though. Not a lot of heavy hitters but this is what I've added to my collection since the last update as far as I can remember. Heres a group shot. Mostly USA variants I needed with a handful of international goodies. Most are CIB except for the Ice Climber which is just the box:

Here's a really cool one I just picked up, Small Box Super Mario Bros with ISR country code and Hebrew writing on the box. In the pics you see a black sticker but underneath is a printed white circle with Hebrew writing just like the two in this thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&thr...

FAH coded Tennis, which from what I gather is "France and Holland". Has all the goodies in the box two which I was pleasantly surprised by considering I got this and the ISR SMB for $30 shipped with tracking from a seller in Isreal. Love seeing the Bandai logo on a Black Box game:

HK Version Gumshoe CIB:

Minty Slalom: 

Nice looking Donkey Kong:

All previous updates below:

3 Screw DK Jr Cart arrived today!

Pickedup this little nugget by accident:

Group shot of latest pick ups:

3 Screw Duck Hunt Non HT's. I don't think the boxes and carts match up right, but I'll figure it out:

European Small Box Tennis & Wrecking Crew. A little beat up but they were very cheap:

Nice  3 Screw Balloon Fight:

Nearly Minty Soccer CIB:

Picked up a manual and cart to complete this Canadian Gyromite:

Spanish Version Donkey Kong Jr. Math:

And now the good stuff.

Non Hang Tab Gyromite with "TM" cart( still need another with a 3 screw cart):

Canadian Stack Up( need some hands):

***ALL COMMENTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO FOLLOW MY JOURNEY***

***PAST UPDATES BELOW, PLEASE READ ON***

It's been another good month. Picked up a bunch of Canadian Black Boxes and another DK Jr. Math box and manual. Also picked up one of my favorites from my early Nintendo days, Sqoon in absolutely stunning shape. The only flaw is the center of the hang tab has been punched out. This thing is glossy and sharp. Thanks to acidjaguar for hooking me up with what is now my most prized possession. I have a few more pieces coming n the next week or two from all corners of the globe. My international Black Box collection is growing fast, so keep an eye out for more BB goodness in the near future.

Today was a good mail day. Canadian Donkey Kong CB:

If anyone has any info on this one please let me know what the story is because as far as I knew, all the Asian Version games were supposed to be small box.
Long Box Asian Version Super Mario Bros.:

Most recent pickups(Bottom row is box only so if you have any Canadian carts or manuals, help a brother out! Also need a DK Jr Math cart):

Here's the big daddy Sqoon:

Small Box SMB Asian Version:

Picked up another DK Jr. Math box and manual this ones fully intact and in good shape. More edge wear than the last one and a few creases but it's overall in nice shape.At least I think so. I thought the last one was in good shape but I saw people bashing the condition a little bit so maybe my standards are just low. Most of you were very complimentary though and I do appreciate the encouragement! I also picked up a nice Clu Clu Land from my good buddy Downtown Special. He hooked me up with an awesome deal.  Need to get a cart and manual for it and a cart for the newest DK Jr. Math but that's nothing. I have a bunch more goodies coming next week so keep your eyes peeled for the next full Black Box Insanity installment. Also, I'm going to be building new shelving for the main set so that I can display one set of black boxes face out. Hopefully by BBI V I'll have that up and running. Here's the pics guys and gals, the newest DK Math is on the right:

I seem to have accidentally deleted my older updates so I'll just dump the pics below:

-------------------------

Edited: 10/04/2014 at 01:14 AM by babywuchki

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:20:00 AM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
I downloaded the photobucket app on my iphone and I can post pics now.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:29:00 AM
De_Reyman (1)

< Crack Trooper >
Netherlands
It's a really good deal, especially if the controllers don't have dead analog sticks.

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:14:42 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Two of the controllers had dead sticks but my local mom and pop game store sold me brand new replacement sticks for $6 each so it wasn't that bad. I don't know about the second listing for the game lot though. I emailed the guy but then I noticEd the listing was from a month ago do those games are probably long gone lol.

Jun 24, 2012 at 11:55:00 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Hmm, I downloaded photobucket but I still can't get the option to upload pics.

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:44:41 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Found some more today.

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:21:23 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Updated. More yard sale stuff.

Jul 21, 2012 at 10:32:39 PM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Nice stuff...you don't often find Japanese games just randomly listed on Craigslist. If you went back for the Advent Pieces box sets, I'd be interested in one or both of them .

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:27:58 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Im gonna email her tomorrow and see if she still has them. I got the ok from the wife

Edited: 07/22/2012 at 12:28 AM by babywuchki

Jul 22, 2012 at 3:32:09 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Originally posted by: mb7241

If you went back for the Advent Pieces box sets, I'd be interested in one or both of them .
I emailed her and she said she sold them so if you wan them I would check eBay in the next few days. Something tells me there's going to be a couple up for sale there soon. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:11:12 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Pee Wee's Playhouse baby!

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:20:29 AM
Controller (0)
(That idiot who's here) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: babywuchki

Pee Wee's Playhouse baby!

I have the same exact box set, but all of the VHSes for ours are scattered around everywhere .

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:41:23 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Just found a Stunt Racer 64 CIB right under my nose.

Edited: 08/02/2012 at 09:08 AM by babywuchki

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:48:38 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Nice stuff. Flip while its hot if you are selling. I was the one who sold the manual for $180.

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:25:34 AM
koolaidman (2)
(P.J. ------) < Meka Chicken >
Washington
Very nice find, you must not have too many serious collectors in your area.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:10:30 AM
babywuchki (90)
United States
I posted a WTTF for my Stunt Racer 64 cart to try to get a clean cart. Should I just wait that out? I assume I shouldn't even try to take the Blockbuster sticker off right? Anyone have any experience with this and have some advice?

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:17:56 AM
Minister Mishkin (68)
(Andy R) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
That sticker is really tough to get off without ripping the label.

Aug 2, 2012 at 9:22:08 AM
NexPhr3ak0r (75)

(Max Power) < El Ripper >
Massachusetts
forget the stunt racer. The Pee-Wee vhs tapes are awesome. I loved that show when i was a kid.

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:03:49 AM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Oh man enjoy the Stunt Racer. It's such a fun game. I had to pay over $200 for mine.

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:10:25 AM
retrogames12 (50)
(Paul Zagata) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I'm jealous! Enjoy you CIB Stunt Racer

Aug 2, 2012 at 1:51:22 PM
Madmax (10)
(Mad Max) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Cool Stunt Racer 64! Great find especially CIB.

Looking for NES and SNES games

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:58:40 PM
Rabidcamel (19)
(J ) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
Originally posted by: cheaterdragon1

Oh man enjoy the Stunt Racer. It's such a fun game. I had to pay over $200 for mine.

Me too over $200 but worth every penny. My manual is almost mint as well. The way his game/manual/box looks in condition wise looks almost exactly like mine. Congrats on his deal!

My Favorite NES game of all time! Double Dragon 2 - 4 Life! -

N64 Games Im looking for must be complete and excellent condition or sealed
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals
International Track & Field 2000

I have sales/trades available in my thread for the games above Im looking for. Check it out!

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:46:44 PM
babywuchki (90)
United States
Thanks guys. I been waiting to find that diamond in the rough. Everybodys gotta get lucky at some point. 

Edited: 08/02/2012 at 07:48 PM by babywuchki

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:11:37 AM
nesman (82)
(Ima Nesman) < Meka Chicken >
United States
You could put some brake fluid on that BB sticker and get rid of the blue ink very easily. It would still have the tape but at least it would be clear!

Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Aug 3, 2012 at 3:39:37 PM
cheaterdragon1 (69)
< Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Originally posted by: nesman

You could put some brake fluid on that BB sticker and get rid of the blue ink very easily. It would still have the tape but at least it would be clear!

I'm sure a lot of people won't agree with me on this, but I'd leave it on. Stunt Racer 64 was a Blockbuster Exclusive and to me, that sticker is part of the history of the game. You can also Google that store number to find out where the game came from.