Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2017) Games beaten: 199/303 - Last game finished: NBA Jam 99

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:05:00 AM
Italia64 (1)
(Gabriele Atzori) < Eggplant Wizard >
Italy
Yesterday I reached the playoffs final in NBA In The Zone '99, Lakers vs Cavaliers. I was under one point and 5 seconds were missing to the end of the match. I was under the basket with O'Neal, who never fails from there, and he failed! I have to redo the whole playoffs hehe.

Feb 9, 2017 at 11:50:31 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Finally I beaten NBA In The Zone '99.
I made another attempt with Chicago Bulls and I lost for 2 points. It's been quite frustrating because every match is about 15 minutes, so it required a lot of time.
I tried again with Lakers and I won with the magic number ;-)
The game is very tricky in the last quarter, they are very aggressive, they made few mistakes and they use a real Hack-a-Italia64 strategy when they discover I'm very bad in free throws.

Not good as NBA Courtside games, but definitely not a bad game.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:04:51 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Today I'm in the right mood for basket games. NBA Live 2000 is done. This was easier and faster, you can set 2 minutes quarter and I played the playoffs on rookie skill level.
Nice visuals game for some aspects, but bad in others. Now I try it on all-star level.

Edited: 02/09/2017 at 01:26 PM by Italia64

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:06:31 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing is done.
Very short game. I'm surprised because on my first attempt in the last track I made a best time than this YouTube walk-through video:

Average racer, but not bad at all.

Feb 9, 2017 at 8:44:04 PM
Shellshocker18 (0)
< Little Mac >
Loving the speed at which you can always beat games Italia. Excellent work as always

After losing all my tournament progress twice by accidently hitting the quick start option which is the first thing highlighted on the freaking main menu, I did finish the tournament mode in the hardest thing ever for me to spell, Waialae Country Club True Golf Classics

Waialae Country Club is an okay golf game since it was the first one on the console released outside Japan but it's not all that enjoyable. It tries to be realistic because it only has 18 holes since it's based off a real golf coarse but the physics are a bit stilted. When putting the ball physically never circles the hole and you can tell the ball has less gravity than a real golf ball because if it pops out of the hole it glides through the air.

This is the only n64 golf game I've ever played but I have played Mario Golf on GameCube and I like how that game shows you were your ball will land. This game has a power bar but since it's a video game it takes forever to actually gauge how much power is actually going into the ball. Thankfully you can turn the accuracy bar off to make things easier at least. I suppose I should check out PGA European Tour while I still got all the feel of virtual golf still in me hands.

Oh hey mpacz already did PGA. I won't post here but I still need to play that one for the n64forever competition. How long does it take to beat? I'm sitting on the demo screen right now and the blunt attitude of the announcer is cracking me up. He sounds so sarcastic.

Edited: 02/09/2017 at 11:42 PM by Shellshocker18

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:00:56 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Magical Tetris Challenge is done.
I beaten it on normal difficulty in 15-20 minutes.
Probably hard would been better.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:22:42 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
NASCAR 99 is done.
Graphically is a bad game, but it replicates well the NASCAR dynamics and fun in my opinion.
In NASCAR 2000 I left the default AI (90%), and it was more challenging. Now I settled 75% and the game was incredibly easy. I chose the eternal runner-up Mark "Mr. Consistency" Martin, this time he did it :-P

Edited: 02/12/2017 at 05:26 AM by Italia64

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:53:17 AM
Steve50013 (8)

(Steven W) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Hey guys I'm back   Sorry I couldn't finish Bass Hunter Last year but you can say there are 15 tournaments to that game before you get a GG!

Also I just beat Army Men Sarges Heroes 1

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:45:51 AM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Welcome back man!
Help us! This year is going to be the year.
I'm working with NFL QB games at the moment ;-)

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:43:54 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
NFL Quarterback Club 2000 is done. I chose Atlanta among the few options available starting from the playoffs.

For me football games are very difficult, even if I played it on Rookie and the game is very permissive.
I don't know well the rules, the schemes, etc.

I had the occasion to notice how much this game is deep and well done.
Graphically it's impressive if you set all the details at maximum level. The animations are among the best of the generation (probably only ASB games and two ot three other games can stand in front of it) with amazing motion capture, it runs on 640x480, it's a stunner.
The options, features and attention for details are infinite. There are roaster and agent features, very well done create a player, historic sims and custom sims (very nice).

And look what I recorded during an exhibition. Take a look at the number of polys on screen and the level of motion captured animations.
You can find a video like this only on N64 in that generation.

Feb 13, 2017 at 3:59:59 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
NFL Quarterback Club 99 is done.
Basically the same game compared to NFL Quarterback Club 2000, I'm too inexperienced in order to spot differences. Personally I like more the rougher graphics of the 99, the 2000 on my WEGA is so clean and perfect that it looks emulated/cold. By the way, just matter of tastes, both are stunning.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:46:34 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
NFL Quarterback Club 98 is done.
I'm much better now with football games. N64 also teached me football, this console does a lot of things for me :-P
I want to write a thing about this chapter. I expected a primitive version than NFL Quarterback Club 99, but this game has an important thing much better than its sequel.
In fact even if graphics, contents and animations are considerably worse, this game is more enjoyable. The reason are the dead moments. When you play NFL Quarterback Club 99 you spend half ot the match just in sequences when the players are positioning themselves, etc, in NFL QB Club 98 everything is faster.

Favre did an amazing job in this match ;-)

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:23:52 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
I beaten NHL 99 today. I agree with RetroMichel, very solid game. I find it very good.
Even not hockey fan like me can enjoy it.

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:21:53 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Wow, Italia64 and Shellshocker18 ! You guys are on fire ! I will update the list tomorrow when I'll have time. You're doing great guys. I will post pictures of two games tomorrow.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:16:17 AM
bag (8)
(Bruce ) < Crack Trooper >
California
Finally finished harvest moon 64

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:52:48 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Beaten Olympic Hockey Nagano '98 A.K.A. Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey with Olympic licence.
Horrendous graphics but smooth and fun gameplay. Nice to listen the national anthems during the gameplay. Especially the Canadian one during the final. Just in videogames Italy can win an Hockey Olympic medals.
Sorry RetroMichel, I had to win for the contest :-P

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:49:03 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I've been heavily involved in SNES this year so far but I think it's time to switch it up and play some N64 now. I'm going to start Conker's Bad Fur Day tonight and get started contributing to this thread.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:23:00 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
After several easy accomplishments, here's some hardcore stuff.
ISS2000 Scenario completed at the highest difficulty.
I mastered this game in every possible way, last year I won the international Cup using Nepal, the weakest team of the game, at the highest difficulty. Despite this, the Scenario mode is always tricky in some challenges, especially the one where you use Wales and you have very few time to score 5 goals to Italy.

Today I also beaten South Park CLS, but I just noticed it has been beaten yet.

I'm also on level 3 in Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, still don't know if I'm going to beat it or not.

Edited: 02/15/2017 at 05:24 PM by Italia64

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:18:07 AM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Italia64

Sorry RetroMichel, I had to win for the contest :-P
Ah ! I really don't mind. In fact, I'm happy to see that I'm not the one who contributes the most.

Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! is done. 100%. I will quote what I said about it last year:

Originally posted by: RetroMichel

I didn't like this game very much. The camera can be very frustrating at some moments and in the game, there are some stages where you climb very high just to fall to the ground. I don't know how many times I had to retry climbing the thirteenth stage up just to fall again and again. Graphically, the game looks like a PS1 game. The graphics aren't bad, but Woody and Jessie are scary. Look it up. The game was very promising with its familiar theme song "You've Got a Friend in Me" and I really liked the first few stages, but later, I progressively lost interest in the game since it became repetitive and the tasks the others ask you to do were always similar. For example, Hamm, the wisecracking plastic piggy, always asks you to get him 50 coins in each stage. To finish this review, Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! is not a very bad game, but for a platformer, you can find better on the N64.

OK game.

Wave Race 64 is completed. It's a very good game with very impressive water physics. The graphics are excellent and the music is memorable. Wave Race 64 is all about fun: it's a very arcadey game. I completed the game on Normal, Hard, Expert and Reverse, so I think I've completely beaten the game. I was racing with Ryota Hayami, the most balanced character. I definitely recommend Wave Race 64 and I must say that it's one of my favorite games on the N64. There are no credits in Wave Race 64.

Very good game.

Feb 17, 2017 at 5:55:30 AM
Shellshocker18 (0)
< Little Mac >
Hey guys. Sorry I disappeared for a very small space of time. I had to beat PGA European Tour for another site. I already know mpacz beat that one as well but I'll post this link for anyone in the future looking for a breakdown of what it takes to beat PGA European Tour.

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo...

Since then I've been playing Earthworm Jim 3-D. It was driving me a bit mental so I did a full playthrough of Mischief Makers on the side and I did a 100% run for the extended ending for good measure  

That top file is my S rank file which I'll never delete or be able to do again, shame I called it freaking qwerty. Playing the game again casually I still think it's a masterful game but taking it slow I can see why some people playing casually may not like it as much. The game is more about movement than anything and if you're not good at it the whole thing is pretty slow paced and super short and mostly easy once you get the controls down. The games levels are adrenaline pumping and fun for people with speedrun tendencies with the exception of a few like Blockman Rises and The Day Of which make me never want to go for S ranks again. Anyways Earthworm Jim 3-D will be done later today hopefully.

Edited: 02/17/2017 at 05:56 AM by Shellshocker18

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:05:46 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
Great job man. I beaten Mischief Makers in past, but I want to emulate the S rank task as you know.
I'm sure this year I'll attempt it ;-)

I'm working on F1 Racing Championship on simulation mode, expert difficulty, penalties and damages on.
And I'm trying to figure how Madden control system work, in order to beat Madden games.

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:55:38 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
I should have Conkers Bad Fur Day done tonight.

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:26:32 PM
Shellshocker18 (0)
< Little Mac >
I beat Earthworm Jim 3-D just now. I don't think it's as terrible as people say but it still has generic bad game sydrome. It's okay but it's so bland and boring that it honestly feels worse than games like Starshot which are also full of problems but at least feel like unique anomalies. This is one of those games that requires you to beat it 100% to see the ending which I never like in 3D platformers, and the boss fights are some of the least fun ever all because of the pacing and controls of them being so unintuitive. The normal stages aren't much better with a camera that gets caught on walls and rotate so slow that aiming at targets is annoying. I'm also not a fan of the "try to be as wacky as possible" sense of humor. Probably the only parts of this game that I liked was a scene that reminded me of the original Resident Evil and that one of the skyboxes looks like an old Earthworm Jim level. That and the final boss is your transsexual self.

I think this game could have been better if the shooting was more Jet force Gemini-esque where you could carry all your weapons with you and they had vastly different properties and uses instead of here where each level has one special weapon and they are all basically the same. Either that or the game could have just stayed 2d. The worst part of the game is just how empty the levels are and how slow you move with no way to control your own pace.

Edited: 02/17/2017 at 09:28 PM by Shellshocker18

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:16:10 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Conker's Bad Fur Day is done.

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:32:19 PM
Italia64 (1)
Italy
F1 Racing Championship is done.
- Simulation
- Expert difficulty
- Realistic Damages
- Variable weather
- Penalties
- Length 10%

With this setting the game is pretty hard, and with the 10% length if you do a mistake it's very difficult to catch the lead.
I get the lap record in every race but one. In Malaysia I retired for an accident, and it's been the only race where I didn't get the top 6 (points).

This game is amazing, I absolutely love it and its unlicensed variant Monaco GP.
Me and a friend of mine are F1 games maniacs and for our challenges we use this game because its amazing cars behaviour.
It's all exclusively about skills.
Graphics ans sounds are average, nothing impressive, even the options aren't original, but the gameplay is top notch.