Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

New to Nintendoage

Apr 01 at 9:10:15 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Hey, I am new to the site.  I am on reddit gamecollecting a little bit.  Anyway, I have been collecting since like 2012 or somewhere around there.  I have a mid-sized collection I guess.  I joined because I am interested in more collector-centric conversation than can be found on reddit.

Apr 01 at 9:35:37 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Welcome! You must be a GunNac fan! It is a great game!

Apr 01 at 9:38:42 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
"Welcome! You must be a GunNac fan! It is a great game!"

Yes, I am.  One of my favorite games growing up.  Was quite pleased to see the username wasn't taken.  I can tell I'll like it here when it took only 10 minutes for someone to catch the reference.  I think maybe 2-3 people on the reddit gamecollecting thread noticed in some 4 years of being there.  A lot of those guys seem only to be in it for the hype of collecting.  Most seem to know very little about games, unfortunately.

EDIT:  Don't get the reply option.  I hit reply but it just added my comment like it was just a separate comment.  I had to add the quote (with quotations) so it would appear like I was responding to you.  Is this how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?

Edited: 04/01/2019 at 09:41 PM by GunNac

Apr 01 at 10:16:33 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: GunNac

Yes, I am.  One of my favorite games growing up.  Was quite pleased to see the username wasn't taken.  I can tell I'll like it here when it took only 10 minutes for someone to catch the reference.  I think maybe 2-3 people on the reddit gamecollecting thread noticed in some 4 years of being there.  A lot of those guys seem only to be in it for the hype of collecting.  Most seem to know very little about games, unfortunately.

EDIT:  Don't get the reply option.  I hit reply but it just added my comment like it was just a separate comment.  I had to add the quote (with quotations) so it would appear like I was responding to you.  Is this how it's supposed to be done or am I missing something?

Welcome to NA!

To quote someone, you need to hit the Quote button on the upper right of their post. There should be three buttons: Reply, Quote, and Page Moderators.

-------------------------
To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 01 at 10:26:24 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

I can tell I'll like it here when it took only 10 minutes for someone to catch the reference.   

Wait 'til you meet Tulpa.

Apr 01 at 10:42:45 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Originally posted by: TheFinder

Welcome to NA!

To quote someone, you need to hit the Quote button on the upper right of their post. There should be three buttons: Reply, Quote, and Page Moderators.

I think I got it now.  Still, I'm used to not having to directly quote a person to make it clear I'm responding to them.  I see how this works about as well though.

Apr 01 at 10:44:02 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Originally posted by: gunpei

I can tell I'll like it here when it took only 10 minutes for someone to catch the reference.   

Wait 'til you meet Tulpa.

I see what you mean.  That reminds me.  I need to add my signiture picture.  How do I do that BTW?

EDIT: Figured it out

Edited: 04/01/2019 at 11:02 PM by GunNac

Apr 01 at 10:59:56 PM
turbografx 17 (0)
< Little Mac >
welcome

Related image

Apr 01 at 11:08:10 PM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois

Originally posted by: TheFinder

Welcome to NA!

I think I got it now.  Still, I'm used to not having to directly quote a person to make it clear I'm responding to them.  I see how this works about as well though.

You’ve got it! And yeah. It’s definitely different from something like reddit’s system, but it works well (though the quote trains can sometimes be overwhelming).

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Apr 02 at 4:44:28 AM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Gunnac is a gateway game to recca and before you know it you're hooked on Black Label cave games. Shmup safe out there.

Apr 02 at 7:37:32 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Sup

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Apr 02 at 8:21:59 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado

Apr 02 at 8:34:22 AM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Welcome to NA, and have a great time here.

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Apr 02 at 9:00:50 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Welcome to the site duder!  

KDDK Player  

Apr 02 at 6:40:53 PM
GunNac (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Virginia
Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Gunnac is a gateway game to recca and before you know it you're hooked on Black Label cave games. Shmup safe out there.

I wonder how one purchases something like this.  I mean, it's way out of my price range but it's very appealing.  I feel like it would be like a minefield of counterfeits.

Apr 02 at 8:29:41 PM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Welcome!

Seems like you've already started to enjoy this radical place. Have fun.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Apr 02 at 8:59:05 PM
Faxanadude (21)
(A Winner Is You) < Kraid Killer >
North Carolina
Welcome!

Apr 03 at 6:48:32 AM
MSC (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Quebec
welcome aboard buddy

LF>Canadians Nes games seller's

Apr 03 at 10:14:23 PM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States

Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

I wonder how one purchases something like this.  I mean, it's way out of my price range but it's very appealing.  I feel like it would be like a minefield of counterfeits.

I think most people go with the Xbox ports--quite a few cave ones are region free--or some of the cave games have come out on steam

Apr 05 at 9:18:10 PM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
Welcome to the board .... yest to still obtain a copy of gun nac tho =/

Apr 08 at 8:09:50 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Welcome.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

May 27 at 5:13:42 PM
xCADILLAC1982x (0)

(Brandon Williams) < Cherub >
Kentucky
Hi, I'm xCADILLAC1982x, I'm new to NA & I'm fairly new to collecting. I've been gaming since the tender age of 6. Way back in the 1980s. Guess that means I'm old. LOL!! But anyways I just wanted to say hi & let everybody know that I'm new. I'm looking to expand my collection. Hoping I make some new friends. As my wife is a gamer, but she doesn't understand my passion for collecting Games, Comics, Cards & whatever else tickles my fancy. LOL!! Look forward to meeting you guys. Have a GREAT DAY!!✌🏻😉

May 27 at 8:38:03 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: xCADILLAC1982x

Hi, I'm xCADILLAC1982x, I'm new to NA & I'm fairly new to collecting. I've been gaming since the tender age of 6. Way back in the 1980s. Guess that means I'm old. LOL!! But anyways I just wanted to say hi & let everybody know that I'm new. I'm looking to expand my collection. Hoping I make some new friends. As my wife is a gamer, but she doesn't understand my passion for collecting Games, Comics, Cards & whatever else tickles my fancy. LOL!! Look forward to meeting you guys. Have a GREAT DAY!!✌🏻😉

Typically this works a little better in your favour if you make your own thread...

May 28 at 4:50:02 PM
xCADILLAC1982x (0)

(Brandon Williams) < Cherub >
Kentucky
Hey MunKey, I’m brand new & I have NO CLUE how to make a new thread. Could you possibly tell me how? I’d highly appreciate it. Thank You For Your Time.

May 28 at 5:05:57 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: xCADILLAC1982x

Hey MunKey, I’m brand new & I have NO CLUE how to make a new thread. Could you possibly tell me how? I’d highly appreciate it. Thank You For Your Time.

Look at the top left portion of the screen on the main thread page (where you see all the topics listed in the thread including this one) and you should see a tab for [+ New Topic] and go from there. This is presuming your on PC if your on a mobile device it may look a bit diffrent..