Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Protective cases for Wii/modern game cases?

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:07:44 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
So with some of my games that I want to reduce damage to, I tend to use plastic cases that I'm sure a lot of you guys do on CIB stuff.  I'm thinking about buying my first sealed Wii game to keep in that condition and I was wondering if there is a case specifically for those types of games?  Or how do you ensure that your modern game cases/sealed games are protected?  I'm not looking to get it graded, either.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:20:28 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
i know what you're talking about. I use the plastic dvd style cases like these for my wii / ps2 games:

http://www.videogameboxprotectors...

I have put some sealed games in them, but I don't personally think it's a great idea if you're super picky about condition. They seem to move a bit (which could cause surface scratches I'm sure) and it gets a bit clunky putting them in/out of the case where damage could occur. I use them for sealed games that I'm not too worried about (< $50) but I really don't trust them with the higher end games. I usually just get those ones graded or put them in a drawer never to be touched  

You could always get the sliding bottom acyclic cases from VGA, but they cost a bit.

-------------------------
Let's Go Penguins!

Edited: 12/19/2016 at 06:21 PM by dr.robbie

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:26:33 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
Thanks for the info. Those were the kinds I was thinking of but don't like the idea of possibly damaging a sealed item...

https://cgagrading.com/OnlineStor...

Is that the VGA case you were referring to? I might get those. It is a bit more expensive but if it keeps my game a bit safer it could be worth it. Maybe get the cheap plastic one and see how comfortable I am first.

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:07:56 PM
Loxx O))) (19)
Washington
In case anyone else has something to add, the game is the Metroid Prime Trilogy steelbook. Don't know how much that will sway which route I should take.

Edited: 12/19/2016 at 08:09 PM by Loxx O)))

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:43:09 PM
Spinner1129 (2)
< Crack Trooper >
Ohio
Personally i love the dvd box protectors mentioned above. They are surprisingly sturdy. I dont see any real damage happening by just handling it or it being on a shelf while in those cases. Though if your getting the steelbook trilogy you might need the "kirby SE" one that they have on their website. Not sure it'd fit in a standard sized one.