Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2017 Weekly Contests Presents: Puzznic Contest ends Sunday, 3/26/17 at 11 PM NA time

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:27:23 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California
Participation: 60,000
Gutsman004: 1,100,000

UH.... I think I'm in trouble this week! O.o

-------------------------
On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:18:15 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Awesome score Gutsy!
But I am sure you can break 2 million, probably even 3 million by the end of the week! *pom poms*

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:01:41 AM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ninjistar

Participation: 60,000
Gutsman004: 1,100,000

UH.... I think I'm in trouble this week! O.o

Just wait until arnpoly shows up and drops 3 million!  

2017 NintendoAge Weekly Contests Hall of Fame Inductee

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:03:19 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Awesome score Gutsy!
But I am sure you can break 2 million, probably even 3 million by the end of the week! *pom poms*

I was just zigging while everyone zagged. So while everyone was still playing DD 2,I was hammering away at Puzznic. 

Played this most of the day yesterday. Most time I think I've spent on a puzzle game. And it's one of the few I like.

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:09:14 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: gutsman004

1,122,050 (Level 7-4)

Been literally working on this all day. I'm sure Arnpoly will come in and annihilate this.

Excellent score to get this thing started!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:14:47 AM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
I have written up my own personal walkthrough for the game up to Level 10-4, and that is what I've used in the past while playing to clear as many levels as possible. There's no real secret to the scoring. The points scale close to exponentially so you want to go as far in the game as you can. If two people make it to the same level then there will be a scoring variance due to the timer, combos, etc. Most of the ground is made up by progress.

I think the last time I did this I got all the way to 10-5 without using any retries, and then promptly blew up since I had no idea how to solve the level.

I've never beaten this game the entire way through but I look forward to it coming up in a certain personal project.

Take On The NES Library!

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:22:39 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil

Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Awesome score Gutsy!

I was just zigging while everyone zagged. So while everyone was still playing DD 2,I was hammering away at Puzznic. 

Played this most of the day yesterday. Most time I think I've spent on a puzzle game. And it's one of the few I like.

That was a wise move.
I had no option, though. I won't be playing this and if I didn't get that bloody 9K score, I would spend the next 12 months punching myself over it.
I will be following how this week progress, though. It will be fun.  

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:01:02 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
I know I can look this up but how many levels are there? I've already found how easy it is to be hasty and therefore waste a retry.

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:03:23 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California

With a static set of levels, it'd be so easy to just look up solutions. Personally I will resist that urge, and I highly hope others do as well. Even watching others' runs would be a spoiler.

Edited: 03/26/2017 at 03:18 AM by barrels

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:57:23 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: Stryphos

I know I can look this up but how many levels are there? I've already found how easy it is to be hasty and therefore waste a retry.

I think there's 10 but I'm not sure. Yeah,hasty in this game is definitely a bad thing. That's how I died in 7-4,I had it pretty much solved but got too hasty with a move and it was game over. Ugh. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:07:41 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Palamedes 7: the puzznician chrobicals is fun so far if not overly irritating in that puzzler style of irritation.

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:14:58 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Made participation in my first run, but I'm hoping I can do better and will abstain from posting an early score as a result. Will update this post later in the week.

With a static set of levels, it'd be so easy to just look up solutions. Personally I will resist that urge, and I highly hope others do as well. Even watching others' runs would be a spoiler.

I hate playing this game so I for sure won't be able to watch someone else play the damn thing !

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:19:44 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Palamedes 7: the puzznician chrobicals is fun so far if not overly irritating in that puzzler style of irritation.

If only we were playing Palamedes. I love Palamedes. I know that I could get a huge score within an hour and take the rest of the week off.

As for Puzznic, I'll probably only do participation this week.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:26:00 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Richardhead

Made participation in my first run, but I'm hoping I can do better and will abstain from posting an early score as a result. Will update this post later in the week.

I hate playing this game so I for sure won't be able to watch someone else play the damn thing !

The complete playthroughs on Youtube (that are not TAS) are about three hours long.

I'll probably only go for participation.

Edited: 03/20/2017 at 12:26 PM by mbd39

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:34:22 PM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: mbd39

Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

If only we were playing Palamedes. I love Palamedes. I know that I could get a huge score within an hour and take the rest of the week off.

As for Puzznic, I'll probably only do participation this week.

I hate klax and yoshi with a burning passion from loin to groin. No puzzle icon for me.

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:59:15 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: arnpoly

I have written up my own personal walkthrough for the game up to Level 10-4, and that is what I've used in the past while playing to clear as many levels as possible. There's no real secret to the scoring. The points scale close to exponentially so you want to go as far in the game as you can. If two people make it to the same level then there will be a scoring variance due to the timer, combos, etc. Most of the ground is made up by progress.

I think the last time I did this I got all the way to 10-5 without using any retries, and then promptly blew up since I had no idea how to solve the level.

I've never beaten this game the entire way through but I look forward to it coming up in a certain personal project.

Do you think you'll beat it this week? I know you blew my second place score away the last time we played.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:09:03 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

The complete playthroughs on Youtube (that are not TAS) are about three hours long.

Three hours?! How many levels are there?!

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:13:43 PM
Stryphos (306)
Michigan

Just looked it up in a FAQ:

"Level: The levels start at 1-1 and goes up to 1-10, then goes to 2-1 up to 2-10 and so on all the way up to 16-10, making 160 levels in all."

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:16:50 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

I checked and that is for completing both Puzznic and Gravnic variations. Puzznic still takes over two hours. There are a lot of levels.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:17:08 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

"Level: The levels start at 1-1 and goes up to 1-10, then goes to 2-1 up to 2-10 and so on all the way up to 16-10, making 160 levels in all."

Wow,so I didn't even make it through half the game?! Geez....and here I thought I did pretty freaking great. 😭

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:20:25 PM
Stryphos (306)
Michigan

Wow,so I didn't even make it through half the game?! Geez....and here I thought I did pretty freaking great. 😭
Well, considering that you would've very solidly secured 2nd place in the previous competition, I'd say you did pretty freaking great  

Haves     |     Wants

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:24:12 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas

Well, considering that you would've very solidly secured 2nd place in the previous competition, I'd say you did pretty freaking great  

Well,I hit over a million anyway.  That's something. Man,160 puzzles. Geez. Not that I'll ever see it,but hopefully the ending is at least decent for someone who beats it. Let me know Arn!  

Edited: 03/20/2017 at 01:25 PM by gutsman004

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:30:21 PM
bearcat-doug (34)
(Doug C.) < Bowser >
Ohio

You already hit the million point mark, so that's still really impressive!

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:31:48 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

You already hit the million point mark, so that's still really impressive!

It took me all damn day to get there. But to not even get half way through the game....man that really puts things into focus.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:05:11 PM
arnpoly (110)
Illinois
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Originally posted by: arnpoly

Do you think you'll beat it this week? I know you blew my second place score away the last time we played.

No chance I'll beat the game this week.  There are 55 levels I haven't even seen let alone try to beat all of them in a row with no continues.

Take On The NES Library!