Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Walking Dead Show and Comics Discussion SPOILERS PRESENT!!!

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:31:49 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Well...the formal introduction to the Whisperers was pretty badass - who all watched last night? Not happy for who died though.

For the Negan situation...I'm thinking Gabriel did it on purpose.

The preview for the 2nd half of the season looks straight awesome, the Whisperers look fun as shit despite the 100s of questions one could ask of their ways.

The whisperers look awesome. People fighting in badass walker getup looked cool. 

Ive liked this season so much more than last. Actually interested each week to watch. Still DVR it, but I make sure I watch it within the day. Before it was kinda like Ill get to it at some point during the week. I dont understand the couple people in here hating on this season . Sucked hardcore? Just couldnt disagree more. General reaction has been more positive from what Ive seen. Season 8 all out war with the artificial bouncing storylines and chaos over 5 episodes all out of order culminating in a disapointing letdown ending. That was the lowpoint of the show for me. Loved Negan though. Was the only reason I wanted to watch. Now though I like the story much more, and the show feels like its heading in the right direction again. 

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 11/27/2018 at 12:35 AM by quest4nes

Nov 27, 2018 at 10:45:01 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ Couldn't agree more Quest, I was excited for the Whisperers but was so skeptical with the show losing Rick and Maggie. The new producer Angela Kang is doing an amazing job, she is putting Gimple to shame - he is credited for the bumpy years of both the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead...and I guess he's going to be producing the Walking Dead movies too.

I'm super pumped for the 2nd half of season 9 - the previews of the encounters with the Whisperers look insanely awesome. Despite the weird herding (like were they all humans or just a few and if so, how did they get them to stray away from the dog barking) - the introduction of the whisperer that dodged Jesus was nicely executed.

Feb 08 at 5:06:56 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Hey Walking Dead peeps dont forget Sunday night WD returns and we get to see whats up with these Whisperer mofos. Hope it starts out with a bang.

Feb 09 at 5:10:20 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
I really need to catch up on this season. Haven't been paying too much attention to it...

Feb 11 at 10:07:03 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Not a bad start to the season. Wish Jesus would have made it but clearly not. Lydia is an interesting character it seems her and Alpha are big characters from the comics although I don't know much.

How smart of Daryl to shoot the legs of the walkers, that was neat.

What is Negan up to?

And for the ending, I am digging the new villain suspense. It's kind of like the Saviors behavior, but with Walker Whisperers. They are freaky looking and confident I love it!

Edited: 02/11/2019 at 10:20 AM by Boosted52405

Feb 11 at 11:13:06 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I like this new threat. Interesting to watch for sure

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 12 at 3:22:21 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I read that Michogne is leaving... no big loss, since she has absolutely nothing to do. This new threat is interesting at least, and humble Negan is interesting too.. I also read that Henry is filling the role that Carl was originally slated for in the comics.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Feb 19 at 6:38:26 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
I am glad you all are enjoying it. I am just watching to see the show to the end at this point.

It seems the show is being pushed by not so smart decisions by most characters now. Sure, Eugene throws himself from 50 ft above. He wasn't able to calculate that ladder would have gotten there in time, but he can calculate everything else with precision.

The new group decides to look for their friend in the middle of the night being fully aware surviving outside the walls is that dangerous?

Just about the only one that can be excused for such a silly decision is Judith because she is just a child, but yet she still shoots Negan as she said she would.

Really curious to see what they do with Negan, but that is about it.

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Feb 19 at 6:49:32 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
They can go 2 routes with Negan.

Rebuild his empire. Or take Ricks place.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 19 at 7:35:49 AM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Take Rick's place and have him raise Judith since Shane can't raise his own daughter. OOOF.

Edited: 02/19/2019 at 07:36 AM by Mega Tank

Feb 19 at 10:44:10 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Take Rick's place and have him raise Judith since Shane can't raise his own daughter. OOOF.
Ha!  He's already spent a ton of time with her even back in Alexandria when she was younger.  He might as well lol.

The show is going in an interesting direction, I'm really not too intimidated by the Mad Max Mommie coming in at the end.  Sad thing is both the "hostages" are lower invested characters that I could see easily dying - and I think one of them will as Daryl told her he's not giving up Lydia in the preview.

However, in the previews for the season they showed the Whisperers infiltrating one of the main area and it looked freaky awesome (assuming to try and get Lydia back).  Hopefully next week's episode will have a bit more action...

Feb 26 at 5:23:37 PM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Ha!  He's already spent a ton of time with her even back in Alexandria when she was younger.  He might as well lol.

The show is going in an interesting direction, I'm really not too intimidated by the Mad Max Mommie coming in at the end.  Sad thing is both the "hostages" are lower invested characters that I could see easily dying - and I think one of them will as Daryl told her he's not giving up Lydia in the preview.

However, in the previews for the season they showed the Whisperers infiltrating one of the main area and it looked freaky awesome (assuming to try and get Lydia back).  Hopefully next week's episode will have a bit more action...

Aside from Daryl, Carol, (and maybe Tara and the King) Every character on the show is a lower invested character that no one would be too sad if they died. 

When will they just write Michonne off already? She's been completely absent the past couple episodes and did nothing of consquence in here blink-and-you'll-miss-it appearances in the prior episodes... I guess they still might want to explain the feud between her and Maggie, but since Maggie's gone, does it really matter?

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

Feb 27 at 12:57:37 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ Yep I agree, I'm still enjoying the show but the last 2 episodes have been filler-level slow episodes, especially this last one. I really thought they were going to make more out of the Lydia situation and the hostages - but will say the baby scene was pretty wild and messed up.

I like the stories jumping during the episodes instead of focuses on one area or bottle episodes, but wonder what Judith/Michonne/Negan are up to.

Mar 19 at 12:36:45 PM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
I was semi-on board with the new story arc and wanted to give the new showrunner a fair chance, but man, this weeks episode was a real stinker.

Mar 19 at 12:39:42 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: G-Type

I was semi-on board with the new story arc and wanted to give the new showrunner a fair chance, but man, this weeks episode was a real stinker.
Do you by chance have Direct TV?  If so, they had a big problem with commercials playing over the show and a lot of people are confused/mad and thought the episode stunk.

I really thought this was one of the better bottle episodes they've ever done.  I was actually on edge with the Children of the Corn scenes, pretty wild.

Mar 19 at 12:57:43 PM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
I have comcast. The only part that was confusing was how Daryl got himself free.. I guess he just wiggled his hands loose, but it didn't really make it clear.

I thought the editing back and forth between past and present was really annoying... hated having to check which hairstyle Michonne has to see which time period this new scene is in.

The friend going psycho had no justification and made no sense.

The children of the corn could have been cool if it had been set up in any kind of believable way. It came across so out of the blue. And they didn't even have the courage to show her killing the kids. They had to intercut it with her killing the zombies, right after they show her being branded (for no particular reason) by the feral kids and having her pregnant belly slashed. This is the same show that had no problem showing Glen's eyeball hanging out of his half-collapsed skull. So why chicken out now?

Mar 19 at 1:25:54 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: G-Type

I have comcast. The only part that was confusing was how Daryl got himself free.. I guess he just wiggled his hands loose, but it didn't really make it clear.

I thought the editing back and forth between past and present was really annoying... hated having to check which hairstyle Michonne has to see which time period this new scene is in.

The friend going psycho had no justification and made no sense.

The children of the corn could have been cool if it had been set up in any kind of believable way. It came across so out of the blue. And they didn't even have the courage to show her killing the kids. They had to intercut it with her killing the zombies, right after they show her being branded (for no particular reason) by the feral kids and having her pregnant belly slashed. This is the same show that had no problem showing Glen's eyeball hanging out of his half-collapsed skull. So why chicken out now?
You have some fair points for sure.  I personally liked the flipping back and forth it kept me engaged.  They could have done a better job in providing the background of the children of the corn group, but seems to be an element they threw in (and have really built up to showing) to explain how Daryl and Michonne got those scars and help explain their behavior as of late.  That is starting to make more sense...but we still don't know the full story of Maggie leaving and the Kingdom/Hilltop/Alexandria being so divided.

In real life I believe the actress playing Maggie had contract issues, but you would think they'd owe us a better explanation for such an invested character going back to season 2.  Maybe they are opening the door for her return...

Regardless, I'm digging the Whisperers so far, and the overall viewer quality is stepping back up on the show in my opinion - it was really rough there for a few seasons.

Mar 19 at 11:23:42 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Well the actor playing Maggie did have contract issues , plus having a new gig on abc. So until she gets what she's deserved she'll be coming back
Also michonne is leaving the show too idk what they are gonna do

Btw if you guys have noticed they playing a lot with 'the king' so it looks like they are gonna stay true to the books on that

Also the lick/kiss of the cut the kid got mirrors the comic, when it was Carl's blown eye getting the treatment and the like.

I didn't give a shit about the ep, and those corn kids
I would've gone full anakin quicker

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 20 at 6:37:17 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Not a fan of weird story timeline jumps. I had directv so the commercial issue was annoying.

Atleast the preview for next week looks promisibg. The past two weeks have been a little slow.

One thing i cannot forgive is two episodes ago, daryl in the upstairs patio snd shoots a whisperer and just looks at beta. Why would you not just shoot him in the head with the stupid arrow. You are crazy accurate. Why would you risk everybody to take him on one on one

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 03/20/2019 at 06:37 PM by quest4nes

Mar 20 at 7:14:30 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Not a fan of weird story timeline jumps. I had directv so the commercial issue was annoying.

Atleast the preview for next week looks promisibg. The past two weeks have been a little slow.

One thing i cannot forgive is two episodes ago, daryl in the upstairs patio snd shoots a whisperer and just looks at beta. Why would you not just shoot him in the head with the stupid arrow. You are crazy accurate. Why would you risk everybody to take him on one on one

Speaking of not very smart decisions driving the show... the Daryl staring at Beta scene. Lol

Edited: 03/20/2019 at 07:14 PM by Mega Tank

Mar 20 at 10:30:49 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: quest4nes

100% agree, at least have Daryl rip one arrow at him and miss or hit a intercepting walker or something - Beta stuck out pretty well lol

Mar 25 at 1:42:59 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Well that was a massacre of characters in one swoop. Couple of the ones were pretty satisfying to see finally gone. Havent liked Tara since day 1 and Henry was more annoying than kid carl.

Gotta say this season has been better than the all out war final half season. Only frustrating thing is them losing these characters to contracts etc and having long gaps without key characters.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 03/25/2019 at 01:44 AM by quest4nes

Mar 25 at 9:26:23 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
While I really enjoyed the episode last night, especially the ending which some were anticipating on the Roamers and Lurkers forums - the timing really threw me off. Some of the characters mounted at the end were hard to follow the how/when that all went down based on the fair. Would like to rewatch this one. Henry - yes absolutely, Tara/Enid...not a fan as much of that decision but didn't hit the feelers much, still not the "core" group if you ask me - but that doesn't leave an awful lot left for mains. Kind of liked that older lady...assume that means they took the baby back too. Very interesting, wow the character turnover is starting to feel more like Game of Thrones  .

Onto the finale!

Mar 25 at 5:20:32 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Well my 'king' theory didn't happen lol, instead it happened to the 'prince' Henry

What's crazy is that they killed like 4 teens, pretty fucked yup there
I don't see much baby making in this series and ya killed a good portion haha

And they totally doing a 'winter is coming ' at the end >.>

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Apr 03 at 2:38:21 AM
rickrollcollector (133)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
So, i just watched last 2 episodes and...so after all these years they survived and now all cities/camps falling apart and people freeze to death? Like wtf, how did they go about it in the past years then?

Everything what I was told about Communism was a lie and everything about Capitalism was the truth.