NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$20 "Broken" FIND turns into Silver

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:33:39 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
(Bubble Bobble 2) < Little Mac >
Florida
10/3 FIND:
My last find got me excited and i've been checking facebook, craigslist, and thriftstores more often now...
Well last night someone had posted they had a "BROKEN Xbox 360 with harddrive 2 games and controller for $25"!

Now I thought to myself I can sell the "broken 360" for $30 to someone who fixes them and keep the rest of the stuff for my collection.

Well I end up texting the guy and going to his house within 20minutes. He tells me it comes on and off constantly and wont stay powered and he says its the eye of the console. I told him well im not sure if thats whats causing that problem because your saying it doesnt power and he tells me oh yeah it is...

i dont argue with him, i tried giving him advice to help him out because i actually felt bad that he was selling it so cheap but as i was talking he kept tryin to cut me off from telling him what i thought so i hand him the money and thank him and leave.

i get to my house power it up and sure enough i get 3 seconds of power and it shuts off, it does this 5 or 6 times.
i take my power cord from my other 360 and switch them out and presto... "damaged eye" is now fixed. "Broken xbox" is now fixed.

The only other thing is, is that the door jams and doesnt open everytime and im afraid to try to fix it and make it worse. so if anyone has had this problem and fixed it ide appreciate some help.

So i got a WORKING Xbox 360, 120 gig harddrive, 2 games, 1 controller for $25!
sorry if but had to explain my story because broken things to some people arent what they seem to be.

10/1 find: total $4

-------------------------

Edited: 10/03/2012 at 04:52 PM by FollowMeOnTwitter

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:42:24 PM
Max Velocity (38)
< Kraid Killer >
Nova Scotia
Woah nice finds! I'd be real happy to find those two for cheap. Any of the other games decent or just commons?

SNES - 660

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:46:48 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Nice!

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:49:45 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
Florida
Originally posted by: duncan

Woah nice finds! I'd be real happy to find those two for cheap. Any of the other games decent or just commons?

im still looking the other ones up on ebay "completed auctions" to see. but so far these two are the more expensive titles.
of course there are some mario titles and one of them I cant even find on ebay. so ill have to search somewhere
else to find the price. But if I find anymore to be more expensive I'll update the original post.
Overall though most of them go up to $20 in value.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:23:08 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Every game should be in theory on ebay. Perhaps just list them here, don't necessarily need pics, and someone can give you an idea. Still those 2 for 4 bucks is nuts.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:40:03 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Originally posted by: FollowMeOnTwitter

Originally posted by: duncan

im still looking the other ones up on ebay "completed auctions" to see. but so far these two are the more expensive titles.
of course there are some mario titles and one of them I cant even find on ebay. so ill have to search somewhere
else to find the price. But if I find anymore to be more expensive I'll update the original post.
Overall though most of them go up to $20 in value.

Take a quick pic of all the games or list them. We can quickly tell you if you have anything else rare or valuable.

And nice finds.

Oct 1, 2012 at 6:51:20 PM
bigdawg8412 (36)
(G P) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Very Nice. Did you find these in a yard sale or where?

Oct 1, 2012 at 7:02:19 PM
webb8514 (11)
(Vesuvius Charleston) < Meka Chicken >
New York
WHY AM I NEVER THIS LUCKY?!

Seriously, though, congratulations. That's sweet.

My NES cartridge collection:  208/768 (27.08%)

Just got a 3DS - looking to start a DS/3DS collection. If you have any games you'd like to part with (preferably with case), PM me.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:55:44 AM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Finders Keepers? More like Finders Flippers. I'd only say congrats if you were keeping them. Good luck with your sale none the less.

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:09:08 AM
wrk (69)
(Adolf Oliver Bush) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
For only having one great find in history, you did pretty well. Congrats! FnI is the bees knees.

https://www.prodigydisc.com/...

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:35:02 PM
ccc2021 (2)
(Chris C.) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Very nice finds!

Error Machine Podcast 
Error Machine is a comedy podcast featuring a ragtag group consisting of three best friends who just like to sit around and discuss videogames and make fun of each other. Check us out!

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:53:24 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
Florida
now ive got to go thru all the craigslist ads for borken machines

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:02:47 PM
CookieDude (32)
(Martin Felshman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
DUDE sweet, I did the same things a few weeks ago with a PS3.

I bake cookies, I play video games, and look at this video I made for the internet! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS58BwqIQeE

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:33:55 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
Florida
i was pretty thrilled. its a good feeling

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:04:38 PM
USFLegend (63)
(Adam ) < Kraid Killer >
Florida
Very nice man. I actually have the same problem with my disc tray on my xbox 360. I got my xbox from a friend who originally bought it at a pawn shop. The thing works like new but it has a disc tray issue. It never likes to open and you have to press the button a million times or pry it with a flat head.

Anyways, I found a way to make sure it always opens. If you leave a disc in it, it will always open. I know it stinks but its not a real big deal as I leave discs in it all the time. So let me know if this works.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:37:45 PM
FollowMeOnTwitter (0)
Florida
i found if i hit the side of the xbox it will open up but thats not good for it

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:49:24 PM
I need flintstones (3)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Trevor Wisecup) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: USFLegend

Very nice man. I actually have the same problem with my disc tray on my xbox 360. I got my xbox from a friend who originally bought it at a pawn shop. The thing works like new but it has a disc tray issue. It never likes to open and you have to press the button a million times or pry it with a flat head.

Anyways, I found a way to make sure it always opens. If you leave a disc in it, it will always open. I know it stinks but its not a real big deal as I leave discs in it all the time. So let me know if this works.
This does work do the same with mine.

Want to trade for any rare Nes or Snes games and manuals!